ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: September 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm excited for all of you about to go on your trip to the Poly :goodvibes I hope you all have a great time !
We just got back last week and I miss it already. I'm wishing we could just be getting ready to leave for our trip :rotfl: Can I turn back the time to October 14th :idea: I guess I will start planning my next trip to get over missing the Poly and Disney ;)
Here are a couple of my favorite photos I took while at the Poly
8111256832_fd302b2d72_b.jpg

8111243873_f716843a58_b.jpg

8111242505_611ec433ca_b.jpg

8111251828_d8ba9ec7df_b.jpg

Jumping in here to say we finally have a plan for our next Poly stay! Looks like March...trying to plan so we can get in the Hawaii building just as it "re-opens" after refurb. <crossing fingers>

Taking our friends who are newbies--they have never been to WDW. Will be so much fun to experience it with them (and their kids)! :goodvibes

I'm excited for all of you about to go on your trip to the Poly :goodvibes I hope you all have a great time !
We just got back last week and I miss it already. I'm wishing we could just be getting ready to leave for our trip :rotfl: Can I turn back the time to October 14th :idea: I guess I will start planning my next trip to get over missing the Poly and Disney ;)

Oh your pictures are beautiful. I do believe every one gets those missing Disney blues. I know I do. Sometimes we start planning our next vacation before we leave the one we are on.:rotfl:

Next year will be our first stay at the Poly. DH and I are not fans (sorry Poly lovers) but our DS16 is. So we decided to stay there for two nights CL for him. I know such a sacrifice that DH and I are doing.;):goodvibes I do have to say that we are looking forward to our stay and truly hope that our minds will change about the Poly.

Now I just have to wait for Christmas morning to schedule our ADR's and the cabana for our arrival day. Merry Christmas to me.:yay:

This is what I was thinking also. Nice and fresh for when we arrive at the Poly.:thumbsup2

::yes::

I am also driving to Disney, but From Chicago. I would love to ask more about the drive??
or: come to my PTR and help?

Good luck with the drive. We are in NWI only about 40 miles from Chicago. I am so not a long distance driver......it takes all I have just to get to Ohare or Midway to catch a flight :rotfl: :rotfl:.

We arrive on Saturday! 7 full days of being immersed in a fairy tale, I can't wait! I just hope the weather doesn't cause any problems. Looks like jackets might be needed for DH and the kids in the am/pm. The poor dears get cold easy ;)

Have a great trip :yay:.

We will be there in a few days as well. Poly CL is magical!:goodvibes

:dance3:

We'll be there Sunday & will likely see you in the lounge too! 5 sleeps...well 5 more nights of trying to sleep ;)

:cool1:

Here are a couple of my favorite photos I took while at the Poly

Hope you had a great trip to the Poly :goodvibes. Thanks for posting the beautiful pics....makes me wish I was there now :cloud9:.

Jumping in here to say we finally have a plan for our next Poly stay! Looks like March...trying to plan so we can get in the Hawaii building just as it "re-opens" after refurb. <crossing fingers>

Taking our friends who are newbies--they have never been to WDW. Will be so much fun to experience it with them (and their kids)! :goodvibes

How fun to go with others who have never been.....and choosing the Poly for their first stay is a great way to introduce them to Disney :thumbsup2.

Oh your pictures are beautiful. I do believe every one gets those missing Disney blues. I know I do. Sometimes we start planning our next vacation before we leave the one we are on.:rotfl:

Now I just have to wait for Christmas morning to schedule our ADR's and the cabana for our arrival day. Merry Christmas to me.:yay:

I'm the same way......I always start planning our next trip before we leave the one we're on. I see it as a good way to lessen the sadness of going home ;). Good luck with your ADRs :).

Those pictures are absolutely heavanly maryj11!!

Coachbagfanatic~ :wave2: ~ I see you're getting back to your beloved GF soon...with a little Poly rolled in! Good for you!!! :cheer2:

So many people checking in this weekend! We check in for out first club level stay on Saturday, we should be there around 4:00. I can hardly wait, we've never stayed at a monorail hotel before! With a 2 yr old and one on the way, we decided it was time to give it a try. We have 2 breakfasts at O'hana to see Mickey, breakfast and dinner at the CP to see our favorites, Pooh and Eeyore, a cabana for the morning before MNSSHP on Tues, and lunch at Chef Mickey's. I'm planning on a massage at SS ( too bad the GF spa is still closed), and we have the FLE D23 preview on Nov 4 at 8 am. The rest will be decided as we go, with a lot of it at the MK for our son. I almost hate for Sat to come, because then I will blink and it will be over! It will be a while before we make it back, I'm not too keen on flying with a toddler and a baby!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Next year will be our first stay at the Poly. DH and I are not fans (sorry Poly lovers) but our DS16 is. So we decided to stay there for two nights CL for him. I know such a sacrifice that DH and I are doing.;):goodvibes I do have to say that we are looking forward to our stay and truly hope that our minds will change about the Poly.

I hope you really enjoy the Poly and have a great time :thumbsup2

My daughter and I just decided and booked our first stay at the Poly GV CL for Sept 21, 2013-6 nights. It will be our first mother/daughter only trip also:cool1:

So many people checking in this weekend! We check in for out first club level stay on Saturday, we should be there around 4:00. I can hardly wait, we've never stayed at a monorail hotel before! With a 2 yr old and one on the way, we decided it was time to give it a try. We have 2 breakfasts at O'hana to see Mickey, breakfast and dinner at the CP to see our favorites, Pooh and Eeyore, a cabana for the morning before MNSSHP on Tues, and lunch at Chef Mickey's. I'm planning on a massage at SS ( too bad the GF spa is still closed), and we have the FLE D23 preview on Nov 4 at 8 am. The rest will be decided as we go, with a lot of it at the MK for our son. I almost hate for Sat to come, because then I will blink and it will be over! It will be a while before we make it back, I'm not too keen on flying with a toddler and a baby!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Have a great trip :yay:. The Poly is an awesome resort, with the monorail being just one of the many perks :goodvibes.

My daughter and I just decided and booked our first stay at the Poly GV CL for Sept 21, 2013-6 nights. It will be our first mother/daughter only trip also:cool1:

I hope you have magical mother/daughter trip. I think you made a great choice in choosing the Poly ::yes::.

Good luck with the drive. We are in NWI only about 40 miles from Chicago. I am so not a long distance driver......it takes all I have just to get to Ohare or Midway to catch a flight :rotfl: :rotfl:.

I'm actually right next to Indiana.. I am a wee bit nervous about this drive!!!!!!

Hi! We are doing a last minute trip on Dec 9 and are finally staying at the poly with our toddler. We did the cruise out of NYC this summer and she had a blast. Can't wait to see the decorations!
I know that there are lots of opinions about where to stay... We have a garden view room. What longhouse is best for having a toddler? We are only going to be there for 4 days and will be trying to do as much as possible with her with staying realistic with our expectations. Just having trouble with where to request our room! Help!

Hi! We are doing a last minute trip on Dec 9 and are finally staying at the poly with our toddler. We did the cruise out of NYC this summer and she had a blast. Can't wait to see the decorations!
I know that there are lots of opinions about where to stay... We have a garden view room. What longhouse is best for having a toddler? We are only going to be there for 4 days and will be trying to do as much as possible with her with staying realistic with our expectations. Just having trouble with where to request our room! Help!

Samoa or Nuie are in a great location near everything except the ticket and transportation and that is not a real long walk. Tokelau is also a great location with it being centrally located . We were there last week and stayed in Nuie. The Poly does not seem that big to me so walking around it has never been a problem.
My top picks for being close to the pool, main building, bus stops, and magic kingdom boat are Samoa and Nuie. We stayed in Tokelau last year and liked it also, it is farther to the pool and main building but not that far. Nuie seemed a little more run down then Tokelau but it still was really nice. We enjoyed the location of Nuie
I guess it depends on what you want to be close to.
Type in the google search Tikiman and it will take you to a great website that tells about all the different longhouses :thumbsup2

Does anyone have an update on the room refurbishments or a schedule? We are arriving on on February 23rd for the Princess Half Marathon and I'm wondering if some (or all) of the longhouses will be refurbished by then. If the refurbishment is underway, I'd want to request a room that is already refurbished.

I'm actually right next to Indiana.. I am a wee bit nervous about this drive!!!!!!

Well hello, neighbor :wave2:. I grew up just over the IL/IN state line (Munster) and now live near Valparaiso.

I'm sure the drive will be fine. Just keep thinking Disney and the time will fly by and you'll be at Disney before you know it ::yes::.

Congrats on booking the Poly.....it's an awesome resort :goodvibes. We stayed in Samoa and loved it as it's in a very convenient location and close to everything; although, I don't think any longhouse at the Poly is in a bad location :).

The Poly does not seem that big to me so walking around it has never been a problem.

I agree :thumbsup2. Some people feel the Poly is too spread out, but we didn't find that to be the case for us for us either. We loved walking the grounds as everything seemed close enough together that it wasn't a long walk to get anywhere ;).

DH and I just drove from Pennsylvania to Miami 2 weeks ago. It was a long trip, but honestly for us the worst part of it was the Baltimore, MD and DC traffic. The rest was a breeze! We towed our 27 foot travel trailer to WDW a few years back and stayed at Ft Wilderness. Again, it was a looooong drive (with this kids that time), but you know, the drive down isn't nearly as bad as coming home. The way down you're excited....the way home you're just depressed!:rotfl:

I'm the same way......I always start planning our next trip before we leave the one we're on. I see it as a good way to lessen the sadness of going home ;). Good luck with your ADRs :).

I hear you on lessening the sadness. I tell my DH that if I am not planning a Disney trip than I feel lost.

Coachbagfanatic~ :wave2: ~ I see you're getting back to your beloved GF soon...with a little Poly rolled in! Good for you!!! :cheer2:

:wave: Mousemommy1 We are going back to our home again and we truly can't wait.:yay: We are excited about giving the Poly a try in hopes that our minds will be changed. When we visit the Poly me and my DH are like no not for us but our DS is like I love it here. So for him, we will give it a try. We are going to relax and enjoy as much of the Poly as we can. So we plan on renting the cabana the first day we arrive, renting the water mouse and just enjoying the pool.

I hope you really enjoy the Poly and have a great time :thumbsup2

Thank you and we do too. It's only for two nights but we feel that will give us a good feeling of the resort. Provided we don't get lost wondering around.:rotfl: Well then I guess that would definitely give us a feel for the resort.:lmao: One point in the plus column so far is that we can walk to TTC which we plan on doing the second evening we are there as we are going to Epcot for dinner.

I hear you on lessening the sadness. I tell my DH that if I am not planning a Disney trip than I feel lost.

We are going to relax and enjoy as much of the Poly as we can. So we plan on renting the cabana the first day we arrive, renting the water mouse and just enjoying the pool.

I'm the same way......I love the planning almost as much as being there ;). You are going to love the Poly, especially if you will be spending time at the resort. It's such a beautiful place and very relaxing. Me, DH, and the boys each rented a water mouse during our Poly stay and it was so much fun....we can't wait to do it again :goodvibes.

I cannot wait to stay here!!! I forgot to put my request in yesterday when I booked. oops. was so excited to book!!

Was thinking of requesting samoa and have heard to request first or third floor. What does everyone on here recommend, patio or balcony??

thanks

mickeynut1 said:

I have found this is the best way to go!!! We usually book our trip 7 months before going but this year decided to use the bb offer and booked our next trip before the one we were on was over! I like it that way much better, it makes leaving a lot easier!!!

Sent from my GalaxyS II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter