• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: September 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am happy to say that I took the advice of my fellow DISers and kept checking for a discounted rate at the Poly for our dates. Finally, last night I was able to get garden view CL and saved $500!!! Of course I'm sure I'll do a little extra Christmas shopping now :rotfl:

Can Macadamia Nut Pancakes and Big Kahuna Breakfasts be ordered from Room Service? I did not see either one listed on the allears room service menu

TIA

499 days today! Officially within the booking window! We'll be waiting until packages are released next summer, but it's still a mini milestone. Can't wait to return to the Poly. Looking forward to new room design, and all our favorites!

499 days today! Officially within the booking window! We'll be waiting until packages are released next summer, but it's still a mini milestone. Can't wait to return to the Poly. Looking forward to new room design, and all our favorites!

326 for me!!!
i believe you and i are the only ones with 3 digits!!!

Chicago Mo said:
326 for me!!!
i believe you and i are the only ones with 3 digits!!!

Nope here's another 3 digits......317 for me!! What a long wait, lol.

Sent from my GalaxyS II

So the dole whip machine at the poly...is there pineapple juice to make it a float or no? Thx....just love me a dole whip float :)))) poly trip booked for august 17-25 2013!!!!!! Soooooooooo excited!!! 1st time staying at the poly!!

Due to the short length of our trip, I am not making any dining reservations. While I know Captain Cooks carries some premade Sushi, I am more interested in the fresh made sushi at the sushi bar. I have dined at the Sushi bar a couple of times and enjoy some of the rolls they have. I also know they are walk up and can be hard to get a seat if you aren't there early. I have also dined at Kona cafe and seem to recall them offering the sushi menu there and have found that I can USUALLY get a table quickly when I just walk up, especially in the earlier hours. And I happened to look at Tambu Lounge's menu and they have a sushi roll on their appetizer menu. The goal of what I am trying to accomplish is to get a seat at a restaurant/lounge/etc for me and my two kids where we can have sushi (specifically the mango/shrimp roll) and steak (any decent kind for my son). We would dine at 5 pm.

So here are a few questions:

1. Does Kona Cafe still offer the sushi menu as well as their dinner menu?
2. Can you order from the Kona Cafe menu if you sit at the Sushi bar (and get a steak)?
3. Does Tambu Lounge serve the full sushi menu or only the one roll (that is currently listed on allearsnet)? For that matter, does Tambu Lounge serve anything from the Kona Cafe - or again, is it only that appetizer menu?

Thanks everyone!

Anyone have any insight to my sushi questions?

Thank you!

Oh - and one more question :)

I usually do all of this so far in advance but this time, I don't have enough time to order park tickets to be mailed to the house (and not pay a ton of money for shipping!). I have an AP so I'm set. And I printed out MNSSHP tickets already. I do need a couple park tickets for the kids. I know I can get these at the park but I wondered if I could purchase park tickets at the resort. Do they sell park tickets at the Polynesian front desk?

Thanks!

Oh - and one more question :)

I usually do all of this so far in advance but this time, I don't have enough time to order park tickets to be mailed to the house (and not pay a ton of money for shipping!). I have an AP so I'm set. And I printed out MNSSHP tickets already. I do need a couple park tickets for the kids. I know I can get these at the park but I wondered if I could purchase park tickets at the resort. Do they sell park tickets at the Polynesian front desk?

Thanks!

Yes, unless something has changed, they do :thumbsup2

Carriesouthard said:
So the dole whip machine at the poly...is there pineapple juice to make it a float or no? Thx....just love me a dole whip float :)))) poly trip booked for august 17-25 2013!!!!!! Soooooooooo excited!!! 1st time staying at the poly!!

Nope, there's no pineapple juice to make the float. It's just a self serve machine. They may have pineapple juice to buy in the refrigerated section, but I don't recall seeing it nor have I specifically looked for it.
You're going to love the Poly!!!!

Sent from my GalaxyS II

us too!!!! 98 days!!!!! :thumbsup2

I'm debating about requesting a building... I know that requests aren't guaranteed, but part of me just wants to see where the resort gods put us instead of me requesting where I want to stay :rotfl: I loved the room that DH and I stayed at a couple years ago so that's why I'm being all flip floppy.

We are leaving for our first POLY stay in 19 days :cool1: I too am trying to decide if I want to request a building. :confused3

I want to have faith in the Tiki gods, but Im thinking I also want to be close to the food, shopping and volcano pool. I just cant decide.

Yes, unless something has changed, they do :thumbsup2

Thanks Rob!!

We are leaving for our first POLY stay in 19 days :cool1: I too am trying to decide if I want to request a building. :confused3

I want to have faith in the Tiki gods, but Im thinking I also want to be close to the food, shopping and volcano pool. I just cant decide.

I have always, and will always, request a longhouse. There are definitely longhouses that I prefer 'less' due to location and I'd kick myself if I didn't at least make an effort to ask for a specific longhouse.

As you can see from my signature, we've been staying at Poly for a long time! The tiki gods have always been good to us! And until recently, I didn't care about longhouse assignment. But now, with kids, knowing how nice it is to be close to GCH, and really enjoying the view after the kids are asleep, I'll always put in a request.

As you can see from my signature, we've been staying at Poly for a long time! The tiki gods have always been good to us! And until recently, I didn't care about longhouse assignment. But now, with kids, knowing how nice it is to be close to GCH, and really enjoying the view after the kids are asleep, I'll always put in a request.

Whats you favorite??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter