ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: October 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats!!! Re: the pool, we go every year in January and swim almost every trip. We like the quiet pool and it's heated :cool2: 2 years ago, my DH and DS were having a great time in the pool, and people walked by in their parkas saying they were crazy for being in the pool. They were from the south. We are from PA so it was balmy to us! Depends on your tolerance ;)

We live in Milwaukee. Lol so we definitely could swim, but it won't be so hot that we *have* to, so the main pool being closed should be fine.

GASP!!!!

pas and mickeynut, when are your birthdays? mine is the 23rd! i will be there from the 19th to the 26th. omg, i am so excited to see that one or both of you will be there when i am! we will definitely have to meet up at the lounge!! who woulda thought- if we finally meet up that it would be at the poly, not the GF! lol!

Mine is the 18th :goodvibes. I'm in the process of booking right now. It's not definite right now how the dates will work out, but even if I'm not there on my actual birthday, going just before or just after is close enough for me :laughing:. I'm hoping our dates work out that we are there when everyone else is so we can all celebrate our birthdays together in the lounge :yay:. I agree, it's too funny that the meet would be at the Poly and not the GF :rotfl::rotfl:.

Just booked the Poly for Marathon weekend! Jan 10-15. I have never stayed there, and I'm very excited! A little nervous about the construction, but I'm running and really wanted monorail access to the start/finish, and Poly was cheapest of the monorail rooms left. Since it'll be too cold to use the pool anyhow, the construction shouldn't be *too* disruptive...I hope. We have a lot of dining reservations in the monorail resorts too, so the location should be fabulous.

Congrats on booking your first Poly stay :dance3:. It's all a matter of personal preference, but I don't think the construction will be too disruptive during your stay. The Poly is our favorite resort and the volcano pool is our favorite on property and while the pool being closed would be a deal breaker for us in the summer, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there without the pool during the winter. I'm sure you will have a great stay as the Poly is amazing :wizard:.

Lol its so true, who else is this excited 10 months out?? And yay for another August birthday!!!

Beth and Mickeynut: I'm the 19th , and soooo funny that its the Poly not GF haha!!!! That lounge view at poly is AHHHmazing so it will be a great spot to hang out!!

Add me to the list of those excited about a trip 10 months out :rotfl2:.

I'm the day before you on the 18th :goodvibes. After hearing so many great things about the Poly lounge and views, I can't wait to try it!!! Hopefully everyone's dates work out and all of our trips will overlap :wizard:.

One month down, fourteen and change to go before our stay at the Poly! I know I'm gonna burn myself out, but gathering info and planning is so much fun. I hope everyone will post pics as they visit so we can see the completions unfold. Thinking ahead to Christmas 2015, do you think we will get a big nice Christmas tree with the waterfall being gone? There should be plenty of space, but I can't make heads or tails of the concept art.

Nothing wrong with planning early :thumbsup2. The planning (for me) is almost as much fun as being there. It will be interesting to see what they do in the lobby during the holidays. I am still sad about the water fall being taken out and while I don't care for the new lobby look, I'll still love the Poly as the grounds are so beautiful and relaxing that it's hard to beat that atmosphere, IMO ;).

Does anyone have the October movie schedule yet?

I can't help, but hopefully someone else will have a schedule to post :flower3:.

I'm in the process of booking right now. It's not definite right now how the dates will work out, but even if I'm not there on my actual birthday, going just before or just after is close enough for me :laughing:. I'm hoping our dates work out that we are there when everyone else is so we can all celebrate our birthdays together in the lounge :yay:. I agree, it's too funny that the meet would be at the Poly and not the GF :rotfl::rotfl:.

After hearing so many great things about the Poly lounge and views, I can't wait to try it!!! Hopefully everyone's dates work out and all of our trips will overlap :wizard:. :.

I see that I am late to the Poly party!!! :upsidedow But I won't be late to the August celebrations!! :moped:

MickeyNut you know that you are not celebrating with out me...:crowded::cake::dance3:

So exciting that there will be lots of of our fave DISsers there at the same time... pas that means you!! and a fellow GFer BethClayton:goodvibes and maybe Trish too....:thumbsup2

I am thinking that lounge time is going to be lots of fun...party: Hope that it all works out!

One month down, fourteen and change to go before our stay at the Poly! I know I'm gonna burn myself out, but gathering info and planning is so much fun. I hope everyone will post pics as they visit so we can see the completions unfold. Thinking ahead to Christmas 2015, do you think we will get a big nice Christmas tree with the waterfall being gone? There should be plenty of space, but I can't make heads or tails of the concept art.

:goodvibes Planning is half the fun!!! Lots of good info to gather on these boards!

As for Christmas 2015..??? A beautiful big old tree sounds wonderful...and maybe they will have the room now...there's looking at the changes on a positive note....I am not good with that concept art either....:confused3 lol....

We are down next week, for the long weekend, looking forward to it, and hoping it isn't too packed at the resort! It is our first stay at the Poly and in CL on top of that. Glad to see the updated monorail schedule, hopefully that will help with transport during F&W.

We are thinking of taking advantage of the Blizzard Beach day, and hitting there for an afternoon....from what I understand normally transport is for AK/BB, but is there a dedicated bus now due to the offer they have?

Thanks for the help!

wait, Blue, are you going in August, too??? How did I miss that?? :cool1: and trisha, i hope you will be there, too! this is hilarious! a GF reunion at the poly! we need to convince k&a&c'smom, lol!!

Pile on. We're booked CL for the end of August too! Will likely add a couple universal days before once the exclusive comes out there. We were bummed when we ditched our Poly ressie last year due to the construction. Here's to the Poly in 2015!

MickeyNut you know that you are not celebrating with out me...:crowded::cake::dance3:

I wouldn't dream of it!! I hope everything works out for all of us as it would be great to meet everyone in person and enjoy some lounge time chatting and celebrating all of the August birthdays :cake:.

:goodvibes Planning is half the fun!!! Lots of good info to gather on these boards!

I agree on both counts :thumbsup2.

We are down next week, for the long weekend, looking forward to it, and hoping it isn't too packed at the resort! It is our first stay at the Poly and in CL on top of that. Glad to see the updated monorail schedule, hopefully that will help with transport during F&W.

We are thinking of taking advantage of the Blizzard Beach day, and hitting there for an afternoon....from what I understand normally transport is for AK/BB, but is there a dedicated bus now due to the offer they have?

Thanks for the help!

Hope you have a great trip and enjoy the Poly :goodvibes.

I think I read that there is a dedicated bus to BB for Poly guests as well as a separate entrance once you get there, but I don't know for sure. Hopefully others will be able to verify that or give the correct information :flower3:.

wait, Blue, are you going in August, too??? How did I miss that?? :cool1: and trisha, i hope you will be there, too! this is hilarious! a GF reunion at the poly! we need to convince k&a&c'smom, lol!!

If all goes as planned, Blue will be there with me :rotfl::rotfl:. LOL about a GF reunion at the Poly. I'll help you work on k&a&c'smom, that would be great if she was there too ;).

Pile on. We're booked CL for the end of August too! Will likely add a couple universal days before once the exclusive comes out there. We were bummed when we ditched our Poly ressie last year due to the construction. Here's to the Poly in 2015!

The more the merrier :cool1::cool1:.

We are down next week, for the long weekend...We are thinking of taking advantage of the Blizzard Beach day, and hitting there for an afternoon....from what I understand normally transport is for AK/BB, but is there a dedicated bus now due to the offer they have?

Thanks for the help!

I'd like to know this info too...I think that it was posted a few pages back...but I have forgotten...:blush: lol...BTW..have a terrific weekend!

:cheer2: yes!!! GF pals...turning into Poly princesses princess: princess: princess: princess: ....temporarlily that is!!! ;) and I agree...we need to get k&a&c'smom to join in!!!

:thumbsup2 :cheer2: :thumbsup2 :cheer2: Here here!

I wouldn't dream of it!! I hope everything works out for all of us as it would be great to meet everyone in person and enjoy some lounge time chatting and celebrating all of the August birthdays :cake:

:thumbsup2 :grouphug:

I can't picture the lobby any different either, but I am SURE it will be lovely...however they decorate it. :santa:

Add me to the list of those excited about a trip 10 months out

I'm the day before you on the 18th . After hearing so many great things about the Poly lounge and views, I can't wait to try it!!! Hopefully everyone's dates work out and all of our trips will overlap
WOOHOO!! I hope so too my friend!!!

I see that I am late to the Poly party!!! But I won't be late to the August celebrations!!

MickeyNut

So exciting that there will be lots of of our fave DISsers there at the same time... pas that means you!! and a fellow GFer BethClayton
I am thinking that lounge time is going to be lots of fun...Hope that it all works out!
:banana::banana: It will!!! I just know it!!! :hug:

:goodvibes Planning is half the fun!!! Lots of good info to gather on these boards....
:thumbsup2

wait, Blue, are you going in August, too??? How did I miss that?? and trisha, i hope you will be there, too! this is hilarious! a GF reunion at the poly! we need to convince k&a&c'smom, lol!!
FAB idea!!! :lovestruc

:banana: We were booked there too last year..and changed. Cheers!! Here's to a big party in August!!

If all goes as planned, Blue will be there with me LOL about a GF reunion at the Poly. I'll help you work on k&a&c'smom, that would be great if she was there too ;).

The more the merrier :cool1::cool1:.
:grouphug:

:cheer2: yes!!! GF pals...turning into Poly princesses princess: princess: princess: princess: ....temporarlily that is!!! ;) and I agree...we need to get k&a&c'smom to join in!!!

:thumbsup2 :grouphug:

Ok...I/we did it!

Thanks to a "magical" offer, we just booked our first Polynesian stay ever!

We will be at the Poly from 8/14-8/19 in a SV room. We're then moving "home," and by that, I mean BC which is on the Epcot Resort Loop. We're huge fans of all 3 Epcot resorts (heck, 5 if you count S&D).

2 things concern me mildly, though I don't think either will be a huge problem.

1. Obviously the changes going on at the resort are a concern, but after reading around here on the boards, and on Tikiman's site, it seems as if most of the construction should be done by then. I understand that the quiet pool may be under renovation, but I can't imagine that being too much of an eyesore, right? And by then the GCH should be done, right? How about Trader Sam's? Open and running?

2. So, call me "fancy," but I like a plush hotel. My favorites at WDW are the 3 Epcot resorts, and the GF, so clearly, I like to feel pampered. I know Poly is a deluxe resort, and one of the most expensive ones to boot, but I am mildly concerned that I won't feel as pampered as I do at the more elegant deluxes. I've rationalized that it's a different kind of luxury, and one that I will likely get used to quickly!

That's all for now...just wanted to say hello!
:wave2:

Ok...I/we did it! Thanks to a "magical" offer, we just booked our first Polynesian stay ever! We will be at the Poly from 8/14-8/19 in a SV room. We're then moving "home," and by that, I mean BC which is on the Epcot Resort Loop. We're huge fans of all 3 Epcot resorts (heck, 5 if you count S&D). 2 things concern me mildly, though I don't think either will be a huge problem. 1. Obviously the changes going on at the resort are a concern, but after reading around here on the boards, and on Tikiman's site, it seems as if most of the construction should be done by then. I understand that the quiet pool may be under renovation, but I can't imagine that being too much of an eyesore, right? And by then the GCH should be done, right? How about Trader Sam's? Open and running? 2. So, call me "fancy," but I like a plush hotel. My favorites at WDW are the 3 Epcot resorts, and the GF, so clearly, I like to feel pampered. I know Poly is a deluxe resort, and one of the most expensive ones to boot, but I am mildly concerned that I won't feel as pampered as I do at the more elegant deluxes. I've rationalized that it's a different kind of luxury, and one that I will likely get used to quickly! That's all for now...just wanted to say hello! :wave2:

The decor and furnishing aren't Ritz-Carlton quality; however, the staff will make you feel like the only person they are serving. They have been nothing but excellent both times we've stayed. Plus, who doesn't feel pampered in a tropical paradise:)

Ok...I/we did it!

We will be at the Poly from 8/14-8/19 in a SV room. We're then moving "home," and by that, I mean BC which is on the Epcot Resort Loop. We're huge fans of all 3 Epcot resorts (heck, 5 if you count S&D).

1. Obviously the changes going on at the resort are a concern, but after reading around here on the boards, and on Tikiman's site, it seems as if most of the construction should be done by then. I understand that the quiet pool may be under renovation, but I can't imagine that being too much of an eyesore, right? And by then the GCH should be done, right? How about Trader Sam's? Open and running?

2. So, call me "fancy," but I like a plush hotel. My favorites at WDW are the 3 Epcot resorts, and the GF, so clearly, I like to feel pampered. I know Poly is a deluxe resort, and one of the most expensive ones to boot, but I am mildly concerned that I won't feel as pampered as I do at the more elegant deluxes. I've rationalized that it's a different kind of luxury, and one that I will likely get used to quickly!

I find the updated rooms at the Poly to be plush but not stuffy. The beds are amazingly comfy (especially after a long day at the parks) and the rooms are the biggest standard rooms you can get at Disney. They've done a good job of updating the new rooms to make them lighter than the traditional Poly look while still giving you a tropical feel. And as the PP said, the staff makes you feel pampered. That's why we keep coming back.

We just booked this as the first resort of a split stay during Thanksgiving Week 2015. We decided to splurge for club level as my husband has had some health issues this year. We have never stayed before but have eaten at Kona for breakfast.

Ok...I/we did it!

Hey right back Scott:wave2: Conrats..There are lots of GF pals hanging out on this thread these days...so you will be seeing lots of familiar posters! :goodvibes Add me to the fancy list! lol... :thumbsup2

The decor and furnishing aren't Ritz-Carlton quality; however, the staff will make you feel like the only person they are serving. They have been nothing but excellent both times we've stayed. Plus, who doesn't feel pampered in a tropical paradise:)

Very nice to hear! :goodvibes

I find the updated rooms at the Poly to be plush but not stuffy. The beds are amazingly comfy (especially after a long day at the parks) and the rooms are the biggest standard rooms you can get at Disney. They've done a good job of updating the new rooms to make them lighter than the traditional Poly look while still giving you a tropical feel. And as the PP said, the staff makes you feel pampered. That's why we keep coming back.

This is nice to hear too! :goodvibes :goodvibes

We just booked this as the first resort of a split stay during Thanksgiving Week 2015. We decided to splurge for club level as my husband has had some health issues this year. We have never stayed before but have eaten at Kona for breakfast.

:yay: Congratulations!! Have a great trip..and wishing your DH all the best..

I'd like to know this info too...I think that it was posted a few pages back...but I have forgotten...:blush: lol...BTW..have a terrific weekend! :" cheer2:
Oh well guess I will peruse back..Thank you!! We are celebrating our honeymoon!! :cheer2:

We have also booked our first Poly stay! :cool1: August 18-26 :dance3:

Is there double sinks in all the rooms? I read somewhere that they weren't in all rooms, but I think that might have been either before the last refurb, or old information because the pictures of the rooms I saw looked different than they do now. Thanks! :)

Ok...I/we did it!

Hi Scott,

I might be able to help a bit, since I've seen you over on other threads and think some of our resort preferences may be similar! BWI/BC are among my favorite WDW resorts and I particularly love the BWI club lounge. But I also love Poly and have been staying there since childhood. So of course, I think split stays are perfect!

I also think your expectations are reasonable because you already know that Poly is different. Very laid back tropical atmosphere at Poly, which is fun and can be relaxing but definitely a different vibe from the peaceful relaxation we find at the Epcot area resorts. I love the new bedding and decor at Poly - that really helped bring an old favorite up to deluxe standards. And even though I've been staying at Poly since childhood and am very sentimental about it, I'm so excited about all the changes and think they'll have a really positive impact on the overall resort atmosphere.

Also a few notes about CL. Having stayed CL at BC, BWI, CR and Poly so far, we feel the Poly club lounge atmosphere is particularly different from the others. Just more casual, laid back, party feel. At first, I was surprised at how much more casual the Poly lounge was. But it really grew on me, and our boys love it so much there. It's also so convenient to the pools, amazing view, etc. - so many significant benefits that we'll continue to return. In our experience, CMs in the Poly lounge are friendly, but far busier than CMs in the other lounges. So they didn't have the time to engage and chat, like the CMs at BWI or CR. (I know you're familiar with the outstanding BWI CL CMs, and it's tough for anyone to meet that standard!)

I think Poly as part of a split stay will be great fun, particularly because you have a sense of the differences in atmosphere and vibe in advance. Happy to answer any other questions and compare resorts, if that would be helpful!

Ok...I/we did it!

We also just booked Poly thanks to a "magical" offer. This past trip we had booked for the first time at BC due to a magical offer, and I have to say we LOVED BC. Before BC, Poly was our favorite. So it was a huge discussion at home as to go BC or Poly this time. We ultimately chose Poly - I love watching Wishes from the beach, love the restaurants, love the tropical theme, love the CMs! Hopefully you'll enjoy the Poly as much as we do :) I'm also really hoping Trader Sam's is open - I have high hopes for this!

yes!!! GF pals...turning into Poly princesses princess: princess: ....temporarlily that is!!! ;) and I agree...we need to get k&a&c'smom to join in!!!

Hopefully k&a&c'smom's will be able to join us :cheer2:.

WOOHOO!! I hope so too my friend!!!

Cheers!! Here's to a big party in August!!

We are all booked :cool1::cool1:.

Let the party planning begin :cheer2::dance3::banana:party:.

Ok...I/we did it!

Congrats on booking your first Poly stay. We've only stayed at the Poly once, but that was enough for us to fall in love with it. It's an amazing resort with beautiful tropical surroundings that make for a very relaxing stay :cloud9:. I think everything should be open by next August with the DVC construction probably being close to being done (with the exception of maybe some finish work). The quiet pool will most likely be down, but like you said, it shouldn't be an issue, IMO. As far as feeling pampered, I think you will find that at the Poly. We have loved all of the resorts we've stayed at, but the Poly is our favorite (with the GF running a close second). We enjoyed our BC stay and liked the resort, but we find the Poly more relaxing and having a more "pampered" feel to it. With all of that said, I think you will have a great time at the Poly. It may not be a favorite for you over the Epcot resorts or the GF, but I do think you will like it :).

Congrats on booking your first Poly stay. I can't comment on CL as we haven't stayed CL at the Poly yet, but the resort itself is amazing and I'm sure you will love it :wizard:.

There are lots of GF pals hanging out on this thread these days...so you will be seeing lots of familiar posters! Add me to the fancy list! lol...

Yes, lots of GF pals hanging out on the Poly thread ::yes::.....with everyone having Poly stays next August :rotfl::rotfl:.

Oh well guess I will peruse back..Thank you!! We are celebrating our honeymoon!! :cheer2:

Hope you have a great honeymoon trip :wizard:.

We have also booked our first Poly stay! August 18-26 :dance3:

Is there double sinks in all the rooms? I read somewhere that they weren't in all rooms, but I think that might have been either before the last refurb, or old information because the pictures of the rooms I saw looked different than they do now. Thanks!

Congrats to you also on your first Poly stay :cool1:.

Yes, all rooms now have double sinks :).

I love watching Wishes from the beach, love the restaurants, love the tropical theme, love the CMs.

Me too ;). Add relaxing in a hammock on the beach while watching the fireworks and that makes for a great way to end the day :cloud9:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter