ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: October 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are officially booked for next August! Was on the fence with where to stay b/c we will have a new baby in tow.... But after some thinking, having the access to the monorail, it just made sense to book the Poly! So very excited!!! Let the count down begin!!!

Just booked poly CL for August for my bday! Our second stay, we are so excited!! :cool1: Their prices have risen so much I didn't think we'd stay there again, but we got that great TA deal!

I can now say that we are "officially" booked for our first stay at the Poly next August...very excited!!!

:cool1::cool1:

Sorry if this is was already asked, but possibly looking to stay at the Poly next August. Is the pool rehab expected to be done by then does anyone know?

As mommyrosa posted, the pool should be done as it's scheduled to reopen in March :).

We are going in 29 days and I was THRILLED to read about the extended monorail hours starting this week! Hurray for skipping the bus in the morning!pixiedust:

Have a great time :dance3:.

I officially booked Poly CL for Jan 28th-Feb 1st with a TA exclusive deal!!! I'm so excited :cool1:

:yay::yay:

We are officially booked for next August! Was on the fence with where to stay b/c we will have a new baby in tow.... But after some thinking, having the access to the monorail, it just made sense to book the Poly! So very excited!!! Let the count down begin!!!

The Poly is amazing, you will have a great time :wizard:.

Just booked poly CL for August for my bday! Our second stay, we are so excited!! :cool1: Their prices have risen so much I didn't think we'd stay there again, but we got that great TA deal!

How exciting :yay:.

Depending on your dates, we might be there the same time. We are in the pre-planning stages for a family trip to the Poly in July, but then I'm considering a girls trip to Poly CL the middle of August (for my birthday) under the same TA deal :goodvibes.

bethclayton and mickeynut!!! My GF buddies, I will be at Poly GV CL for my birthday August 2015!!!!!!!!!!! It's pure magic for us!!! Hope to have a HUGE party in Hawaii :love:

WooHoo!!! I can finally say that we are booked for August 2015.
This will be our first time staying at the Poly. My parents will join us too.
We will also go on a Fantasy cruise before our stay. :)

WooHoo!!! I can finally say that we are booked for August 2015. This will be our first time staying at the Poly. My parents will join us too. We will also go on a Fantasy cruise before our stay. :)

We did the same thing in July/August but in reverse order. You'll have the time of your lives.

bethclayton and mickeynut!!! My GF buddies, I will be at Poly GV CL for my birthday August 2015!!!!!!!!!!! It's pure magic for us!!! Hope to have a HUGE party in Hawaii :love:

Hi pas :wave2:

Seems like August is a big birthday month for some of us Dis-ers :goodvibes. What are your dates? Haven't booked anything yet for August as we're still working out some details, but how great that would be if a few of us were there at the same time....and all of us staying CL :yay:.

Congrats on booking your first Poly stay :cool1:. The Poly is an amazing resort, you are going to have a great time :goodvibes.

This sounds like an amazing trip! :thumbsup2

We have similar plans for next year - we, too, are staying at the Poly next summer and going on a Fantasy cruise just not in the same trip.

Have a great vacation!

Seems like August is a big birthday month for some of us Dis-ers :goodvibes. What are your dates? Haven't booked anything yet for August as we're still working out some details, but how great that would be if a few of us were there at the same time....and all of us staying CL :yay:.
:hug: August 16-30th...but it may be tweaked a bit once DH has his 2015 work schedule. Also might lessen WDW days and add a Universal stay..and beach. I gotta make some change :laughing:

We did the same thing in July/August but in reverse order. You'll have the time of your lives.

I wanted to do WDW before the cruise, but trying to make everything work. wanting my parents to come, summer camp ends the week before the cruise even though DS does not need to stay until the last day. Planning these vacations so early you end up making a lot of changes before you go and also I usually wait for the release of the next year school calendar to book plane tickets.

Congrats on booking your first Poly stay :cool1:. The Poly is an amazing resort, you are going to have a great time :goodvibes.

Thanks. I forgot to say that my birthday is also in August too. :goodvibes We are also celebrating our anniversary.

This sounds like an amazing trip! :thumbsup2

We have similar plans for next year - we, too, are staying at the Poly next summer and going on a Fantasy cruise just not in the same trip.

Have a great vacation!
Awesome!!! Enjoy your vacation!

Very excited to join you guys on this thread. The DIS is the only place that you can continuously talk about Disney a nobody cares. :)

Just booked poly for next august, 21st thru 28th. I got my magical deal and my travel agent told me the pool and lobby should be done way before. Dvc construction will still be going on, but since i dont plan on being in that area all is good. I only need the pool and pool bar to be open.:beach: First time at the poly and cant wait:cool1: I've been planning since march, these boards really made a difference. Without them I never would've found the incredible deal that I did. I'm taking my niece and her two daughters, 11 and 12. She's a single mom and could never afford to go to Disney. I actually started crying with happiness while watching a youtube of the poly, knowing I could give them such a wonderful gift. And I only put poly down on my quote request on a whim. When I got the quote back I almost fainted, how could I not? I'm under budget and booked at the poly,,happy dance. So glad to have found such a wonderful community of sharing people. Thank you all so very much

:hug: August 16-30th...but it may be tweaked a bit once DH has his 2015 work schedule. Also might lessen WDW days and add a Universal stay..and beach. I gotta make some change :laughing:

If my trip works out and your Poly dates don't change too much, we could overlap :cool1:. There's nothing wrong with doing a little tweaking, especially when planning so far ahead of time ;).

Thanks. I forgot to say that my birthday is also in August too. :goodvibes We are also celebrating our anniversary.

Very excited to join you guys on this thread. The DIS is the only place that you can continuously talk about Disney a nobody cares. :)

How exciting...celebrating your birthday and anniversary will be a great trip :goodvibes. Looks like alot of us could be at the Poly the same time, all celebrating birthdays.....it would be fun to have an August birthday Dis meet in the Poly lounge :).

I agree about this thread.....very friendly posters who love talking Disney ::yes::.

Just booked poly for next august, 21st thru 28th. I got my magical deal and my travel agent told me the pool and lobby should be done way before. Dvc construction will still be going on, but since i dont plan on being in that area all is good. I only need the pool and pool bar to be open.:beach: First time at the poly and cant wait:cool1: I've been planning since march, these boards really made a difference. Without them I never would've found the incredible deal that I did. I'm taking my niece and her two daughters, 11 and 12. She's a single mom and could never afford to go to Disney. I actually started crying with happiness while watching a youtube of the poly, knowing I could give them such a wonderful gift. And I only put poly down on my quote request on a whim. When I got the quote back I almost fainted, how could I not? I'm under budget and booked at the poly,,happy dance. So glad to have found such a wonderful community of sharing people. Thank you all so very much

Congrats on booking your first Poly stay :yay:. You are going to love it as the Poly is an awesome resort. Also, what a very nice thing you're doing for your niece and her two DDs. You will all make some great memories :wizard:.

GASP!!!!

pas and mickeynut, when are your birthdays? mine is the 23rd! i will be there from the 19th to the 26th. omg, i am so excited to see that one or both of you will be there when i am! we will definitely have to meet up at the lounge!! who woulda thought- if we finally meet up that it would be at the poly, not the GF! lol!

edited to add, ntrain how about you? when is your bday? i just saw your post! this is so cool!

Just booked the Poly for Marathon weekend! Jan 10-15. I have never stayed there, and I'm very excited! A little nervous about the construction, but I'm running and really wanted monorail access to the start/finish, and Poly was cheapest of the monorail rooms left. Since it'll be too cold to use the pool anyhow, the construction shouldn't be *too* disruptive...I hope. We have a lot of dining reservations in the monorail resorts too, so the location should be fabulous.

Ntrain said:
I wanted to do WDW before the cruise, but trying to make everything work. wanting my parents to come, summer camp ends the week before the cruise even though DS does not need to stay until the last day. Planning these vacations so early you end up making a lot of changes before you go and also I usually wait for the release of the next year school calendar to book plane tickets.

Awesome!!! Enjoy your vacation!

Lol its so true, who else is this excited 10 months out?? And yay for another August birthday!!!

Beth and Mickeynut: I'm the 19th , and soooo funny that its the Poly not GF haha!!!! That lounge view at poly is AHHHmazing so it will be a great spot to hang out!!

Just booked the Poly for Marathon weekend! Jan 10-15. I have never stayed there, and I'm very excited! A little nervous about the construction, but I'm running and really wanted monorail access to the start/finish, and Poly was cheapest of the monorail rooms left. Since it'll be too cold to use the pool anyhow, the construction shouldn't be *too* disruptive...I hope. We have a lot of dining reservations in the monorail resorts too, so the location should be fabulous.

Yep!

From your room you can't see it anyhow. Isn't that where we spend the most time?

I have been visiting there during the process. As one thing gets finished, yay, then another area gets ripped apart, boo. However overall I think January should be pretty decent.

I'll check in during my nov trip and give updates.:thumbsup2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I priced out that August deal and WOW, that's some great rate!!

Just trying to decide if I want to go there in August or try for a villa. If they open next year, I really want to get a cash ressie early because later they will be hard to get. Decisions decisions :confused3

Congrats!!! Re: the pool, we go every year in January and swim almost every trip. We like the quiet pool and it's heated :cool2: 2 years ago, my DH and DS were having a great time in the pool, and people walked by in their parkas saying they were crazy for being in the pool. They were from the south. We are from PA so it was balmy to us! Depends on your tolerance ;)

See you there!!! (sorry I missed your post before..darn phone):flower3:

I priced out that August deal and WOW, that's some great rate!!

Just trying to decide if I want to go there in August or try for a villa. If they open next year, I really want to get a cash ressie early because later they will be hard to get. Decisions decisions :confused3
:goodvibes

One month down, fourteen and change to go before our stay at the Poly! I know I'm gonna burn myself out, but gathering info and planning is so much fun. I hope everyone will post pics as they visit so we can see the completions unfold. Thinking ahead to Christmas 2015, do you think we will get a big nice Christmas tree with the waterfall being gone? There should be plenty of space, but I can't make heads or tails of the concept art.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter