• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: October 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that info...:thumbsup2

Thanks to you too for the additional info....:goodvibes

:scratchin Decisions..decisions...I will be making some requests for sure!

~ Another Hawaii question...is there an internal staircase going from the 3rd floor down to the 2nd...or do you have to use the elevator...I believe that there is one between the 1st and 2nd floors....???

There are external staircases on both ends of the longhouse that go to all floors and one internal staircase to all floors in the lounge.

There are external staircases on both ends of the longhouse that go to all floors and one internal staircase to all floors in the lounge.

Thanks Tikiman For all of the staircase info...

The internal staircases info was exactly what I wanted to know...:thumbsup2..If we requested say 3rd floor..I was concerned about the ease of getting back and forth from the lounge.... :moped: ..We are all about convenience on vacation...::yes::

Is the walkway to the Grand Floridian a better spot to watch WISHES from the "Poly Beach" now that the bungalows are in place? The place where the bungalows are at now used to be my favorite spot to watch the MK fireworks. Any good insider spots to watch fireworks now? Next trip is January for Marathon Weekend. Thanks.

I'm here!!! We'll be at the Poly August 2015 and I'm soooooooooo excited!!!!!:banana:

I'll join you in the wait as we are heading back to the Poly July 2015 :cool1::cool1:.

Yay!! By then everything should be finished how exciting!!

:banana::banana:

Hoping the pics work this time guys! Only the Poly related pics from a couple weeks back. :cool1:

Awesome pics, thanks for sharing :goodvibes. We love the Poly and I am very excited to go back next summer after all of the renovations are complete :yay:.

I am going in November and staying with my daughter and grand daughter. I've stayed at the Poly before and was wondering if I had made the right decision by rebooking during the construction. I am feeling a bit more settled about my decision.

Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Mystery Thanks so much for the terrific pics!! :goodvibes Confirms to me that we made the right decision in not being scared off by the refurbishments and construction! :thumbsup2 DD has always wanted to stay here..and lack of availability at our fave..the GF made me decide to finally give the Poly a try....

Hi BlueSkies :wave2:

You will love the Poly :thumbsup2.

As we get closer to my October trip I'll have to spend more time on the GF boards :woohoo:

You will love the GF ::yes::. Come over to the FAQ as there are a lot of very friendly and knowledgeable posters there always willing to help :flower3:.

Being a total Poly newbie...and also being picky about my room location...:confused: would you recommend third floor as opposed to second floor...We also like to be close to the lounge....

I can't help with a room close to the lounge as we've never stayed CL at the Poly before, but the 2nd floor rooms don't have balconies, so if a balcony is important to you, you would need to request 3rd floor ;).

I have a question about getting to the Poly. We will be at All Star Sports and have a reservation at Kona on Oct 27th at 7:30am. We plan to take the bus to TTC an then how do we get to the Poly? Can we get a boat that early? Should we just take a cab? How much are cabs at Disney?

I have a question about getting to the Poly. We will be at All Star Sports and have a reservation at Kona on Oct 27th at 7:30am. We plan to take the bus to TTC an then how do we get to the Poly? Can we get a boat that early? Should we just take a cab? How much are cabs at Disney?
If the monorail is back to its normal operating schedule, it should be running at that time. You can also walk to the Poly from TTC. It's maybe a 10-15 minute (leisurely) walk.

If the monorail is back to its normal operating schedule, it should be running at that time. You can also walk to the Poly from TTC. It's maybe a 10-15 minute (leisurely) walk.

Oh! Thank you so much! It's my first visit, I didn't realize how close it is to MK.

Unless I am mistaken, busses from All Star Sports will drop off at MK and not the TTC so you would have to take the monorail from MK or Contemporary to Poly. Personally at that time of day I would take a cab. Taxi would be $15-$20.

Unless I am mistaken, busses from All Star Sports will drop off at MK and not the TTC so you would have to take the monorail from MK or Contemporary to Poly. Personally at that time of day I would take a cab. Taxi would be $15-$20.

Ok thank you. I'll have to ask disney next time I call.

Hi Poly Peeps-

Just a quick page 2 rescue. And to tell you we're excited to stay at the Poly because our name IS Poly. :cutie:

Have a great weekend!

Is the walkway to the Grand Floridian a better spot to watch WISHES from the "Poly Beach" now that the bungalows are in place? The place where the bungalows are at now used to be my favorite spot to watch the MK fireworks. Any good insider spots to watch fireworks now? Next trip is January for Marathon Weekend. Thanks.

We are there in Dec and wondering the same thing. Anyone know?

Hi Poly Peeps-

Just a quick page 2 rescue. And to tell you we're excited to stay at the Poly because our name IS Poly. :cutie:

Have a great weekend!

:thumbsup2 .....Very cool on the name!! We are excited to be staying there too!! :cloud9:

We are there in Dec and wondering the same thing. Anyone know?

The view of Wishes from the GF..particularly from the marina area where many people choose to watch from..is more distant of a view than from the Poly..and also much more a of side view... HTH...:flower3:

MickeyNut The no balcony on the 2nd floor thing has me so torn...DD does not want to be in a first floor room...and I truly am a balcony sitter...but as Tikiman said..there is an internal staircase..so maybe 3rd floor is the best option for us....decisions decisions...lol... :upsidedow

I agree with BlueSkies, cool name ::yes::.

MickeyNut The no balcony on the 2nd floor thing has me so torn...DD does not want to be in a first floor room...and I truly am a balcony sitter...but as Tikiman said..there is an internal staircase..so maybe 3rd floor is the best option for us....decisions decisions...lol... :upsidedow

I think 3rd floor is the best option for you :thumbsup2. I am not a first floor room gal either, so when we eventually try Poly CL, my first request will be for a 3rd floor room :goodvibes.

Hey mickeynut1 going to book standard room at the Poly for Feb. where should I request to stay so i don't get a view of the parking lot lol?

Hey mickeynut1 going to book standard room at the Poly for Feb. where should I request to stay so i don't get a view of the parking lot lol?

I know you didn't direct this question at me, but we just stayed in a standard view room at the beginning of August. We were in Samoa, third floor overlooking the quiet pool. We loved that building and location. We were very close to the GCH. There were no parking lots in sight.

I know you didn't direct this question at me, but we just stayed in a standard view room at the beginning of August. We were in Samoa, third floor overlooking the quiet pool. We loved that building and location. We were very close to the GCH. There were no parking lots in sight.

Thank you very much disny_luvr that sounds perfect to me!

Ok thank you. I'll have to ask disney next time I call.

There are character buses serving every hotel. Be at the bus stop no later than 6:30. If you tell the bus driver you're headed to Kona, he may drop you off at the Polynesian instead of MK. If not, take the bus or boat from MK.

Front desk cast members often don't know a thing about these buses, so don't ask them. Trust the men in the purple pants!

My fam and I will be in WDW next year for a big vacation. We were looking to have a dinner at the Poly; first we thought 'Ohana, but we weren't 100% sure. So we started looking into Kona Cafe for sushi. I went to the Disney web site to check out the menu, and then I saw Luau Cove... But I can't click it. I'm intrigued by the description "Buffet/Family Style, Unique/Themed Dining" :confused3 not a ton of information there!! Does anyone know what this is, or will be? What is it?! I HAVE to know :earseek:. Thanks in advance!! :thanks: :disrocks:

The view of Wishes from the GF..particularly from the marina area where many people choose to watch from..is more distant of a view than from the Poly..and also much more a of side view... HTH...:flower3:

Thank you, BlueSkies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter