• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: October 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

The last time we stayed Club Level at the Poly was in 1989. I wasn't paying for it, and it was called the King Kamehameha Club back then. Good times.

they still call it that. when you check in your welcome identifies it that way :) The building is Hawaii but they call the club the same thing.

Ferrentinos said:
When we were there in January they had both. There was a Joffery's coffee maker next to the Nescafe machines. So much better in the morning for me! :-)

When I was there in September the coffee in the standard rooms was also Joffery' s. I personally prefer getting the Kona coffee at Kona Island, I believe it's called.

Sent from my LG G2.

I've been MIA on this thread for awhile since we don't have a trip planned. This year we decided to do just the Disney Cruise but we are planning on staying at POR the night before the cruise. I'm excited about trying another resort but will miss the Poly, and even going to the theme parks, we are just going to spend the day at DTD since our flight gets there later in the afternoon. I have been keeping up with Tikiman on FB and I'm anxious to see the Poly once all the construction and updates are done. We might have to take a monorail ride and visit the Poly when we are down there. ;)

Sent from my LG G2.

When I was there in September the coffee in the standard rooms was also Joffery' s. I personally prefer getting the Kona coffee at Kona Island, I believe it's called.

Sent from my LG G2.

Thank you both for your answers . I prefer any real coffee over Nescafé, so I'm happy to hear that.

Sorry...I'm coming in late to the discussion. But what are the dates of construction?

I'd love dates too... we booked the Yacht Club but after seeing the sale I think we can now afford the Poly. Does anyone know when the lobby and volcano pool construction is supposed to begin? Thanks!

Question...we are staying at the Poly in June and will be at club level (YAY) for the first time ever. I've been looking at different videos, etc on the Hawaii longhouse and saw they have a check-in desk. Would we then be checking in there? Or do we still check in at the GCH? They also mentioned personal itineraries, what's that all about? As you can probably tell, we've never stayed at club level ;) but we are really excited!!! Thank you!!

Question...we are staying at the Poly in June and will be at club level (YAY) for the first time ever. I've been looking at different videos, etc on the Hawaii longhouse and saw they have a check-in desk. Would we then be checking in there? Or do we still check in at the GCH? They also mentioned personal itineraries, what's that all about? As you can probably tell, we've never stayed at club level ;) but we are really excited!!! Thank you!!

Congrats! We love Poly CL. To answer your questions...

Yes you will check in in the Hawaii longhouse.

A personal itinerary is a list of dining and other reservations that they can make for you ahead of time. You should be contacted but if not you can email them at Polynesian.Itinerary.Planning@disneyworld.com
Make sure you include your conf number.

Does club level serve the real Joffreys coffee now? Or, is it still Nescafé?
Thanks!

I was just there 2 weeks ago, and they had Joffrey's in carafes and the Nescafé espresso/cappuccino/latte machine. I wish they'd get the Nespresso machine that the CR and the GF lounges have...

Would you guys recommend staying there in Oct. 2014 with the construction? I really want to stay there, but as travelers that stay at the resort for a majority of the day, I'm worried that the construction would, I don't know exactly, take away from the Disney magic? We're not worried about the pool, we're not really pool people, but I'm worried about the GCH and part of the beach not being open.

My Mom is a first-timer and I haven't been to Disney 10 years. I'm torn between GF and Poly. Poly just looks SO COOL!

Would you guys recommend staying there in Oct. 2014 with the construction? I really want to stay there, but as travelers that stay at the resort for a majority of the day, I'm worried that the construction would, I don't know exactly, take away from the Disney magic? We're not worried about the pool, we're not really pool people, but I'm worried about the GCH and part of the beach not being open.

My Mom is a first-timer and I haven't been to Disney 10 years. I'm torn between GF and Poly. Poly just looks SO COOL!

I don't think that the construction is that disruptive--yet. I was just there two weeks ago, and we enjoyed it so much that we booked two more nights at the Poly in July (but we will switch to another resort if the pool will be closed during our dates).

If I were you, however, I wouldn't hesitate staying at the GF. It's such a short walk between the two resorts that you could easily stay/sleep/wake in a construction-free zone and go and hang out at the Poly at night or during the day.

I don't think that the construction is that disruptive--yet. I was just there two weeks ago, and we enjoyed it so much that we booked two more nights at the Poly in July (but we will switch to another resort if the pool will be closed during our dates).

If I were you, however, I wouldn't hesitate staying at the GF. It's such a short walk between the two resorts that you could easily stay/sleep/wake in a construction-free zone and go and hang out at the Poly at night or during the day.

That's good to know. Maybe we'll get our poly fix at the Spirit of Aloha. Would you guys recommend the show?

Just booked a Mom n me for myself and dd19 for GV CL 5/30-6/3 with an extra night at AOA.

We loved it last year and can't wait to go back!:goodvibes

(A present from DH for my 50th, gasp, Birthday.)

We just returned from WDW. We went over to the Poly to check on how the new bungalows will effect the view from the Hawaii bldg. There is no pool construction as of 3/19. Captain Hook's is still in the same location as is has been so nothing has started there.

The big change is the view from the theme park/ lagoon side. The first 3 bungalows are being built and the roofs are up. A long way from completion but far enough to tell all first floor views of the castle will be gone.

You do not have the view even by 1501 the first room next to concierge. It is too early to tell if the second floor may have views also obstructed once the roof tops are 100% completed. The third floor will be fine.

This means people who go to the Poly beach to watch the fireworks will discover the view of them being shot over the castle is no more. The iconic view of fireworks over the castle will be only seen by the bungalows, those who do the firework cruises. The Hawaii bldg had the best view watching the firework displays but now that is for floor 3 plus the bungalows and cruises.

This will affect us but maybe not others. We love watching Wishes from our patio or on the beach. That huge viewing area will be gone. We were told some first floor rooms will have a view but if that means a sliver between two of the bungalows I am not wasting my money. You really will not see the fireworks. It will be worst than standing too close to the castle and missing out because the castle blocks the explosions.

Kathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter