ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: October 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your going back for Food and Wine and I was not invited :sad: ?

All four of you are welcome to join us at F&W--Taylor, her intended, and the friends you met before are going along as well.

Then again, Ron and I will be there in May too--take your pick and we'll meet ya'! :yay::cheer2:

sure but it has also gained a Big Ten title and Rose Bowl...lol..off topic I know... Can't wait to go to Poly end of Jan!!!!

So true! And for that I am thankful. We wore our Spartan shirts proudly -- before and after the game.

I hope your weather in January is as perfect as we had during our trip. I could not have ordered nicer weather.

I'm sure this question has already been asked here, but with so many pages sometimes answers are hard to find!

We're planning a trip August 28-September 3 at the Poly and are booking just the standard room. I know that somewhat limits us to the Samoa, Niue, and Rarotonga longhouses. Does anyone have any input on which one of the three would be the best request?

Also, if you dont request a certain building is there a chance we would be put in one of the other buildings with the better views? I know thats probably just wishful thinking though lol :scratchin

Thanks!

I'm sure this question has already been asked here, but with so many pages sometimes answers are hard to find!

We're planning a trip August 28-September 3 at the Poly and are booking just the standard room. I know that somewhat limits us to the Samoa, Niue, and Rarotonga longhouses. Does anyone have any input on which one of the three would be the best request?

Also, if you dont request a certain building is there a chance we would be put in one of the other buildings with the better views? I know thats probably just wishful thinking though lol :scratchin

Thanks!

Oh, you are not just limited to one of those buildings! There is also Figi (request 'marina side' and you will have a view of the marina, the lagoon & CR, although I don't know how the pool construction will affect the marina) or Tokelau. Now it is over near the construction, but if you were on the west side of the building you wouldn't see it. There are lots of options!

Thanks!

All longhouses except Hawaii and Tonga have standard view rooms so you are not limited to just those 3.

All four of you are welcome to join us at F&W--Taylor, her intended, and the friends you met before are going along as well.

Then again, Ron and I will be there in May too--take your pick and we'll meet ya'! :yay::cheer2:

Oh, Tess, your F&W trip is about 5 weeks too early!! BreezysMom will be at the Poly too during our week!

I'm sure this question has already been asked here, but with so many pages sometimes answers are hard to find! We're planning a trip August 28-September 3 at the Poly and are booking just the standard room. I know that somewhat limits us to the Samoa, Niue, and Rarotonga longhouses. Does anyone have any input on which one of the three would be the best request? Also, if you dont request a certain building is there a chance we would be put in one of the other buildings with the better views? I know thats probably just wishful thinking though lol :scratchin Thanks!

I don't think that's right. We had a standard room and we were in aeoteroa with a view of the monorail. I'm on my phone and can't copy and paste. Google Tikimans website. It has all of the long houses and their views.

Is there any word about closing the Poly pool in August? We are wanting to book for the 3rd week in August, but I've heard rumors the pool may be closed.

Our favorite standard view rooms are in Tokelau, quiet pool side. You can even get a view of the castle if you look all the way to the right on your balcony in some rooms! :wizard:

Our favorite standard view rooms are in Tokelau, quiet pool side. You can even get a view of the castle if you look all the way to the right on your balcony in some rooms! :wizard:

We like that area too! dd and I would walk to end of building facing MK and there are small balconies at the end of each floor. We would go up stairs to 3rd floor and WOW what a "free" view!:goodvibes

Thank you for this! I am going to go and put in our room request today :goodvibes

....and now I was just reading how Tokelau is very close to the construction. Has anyone been lately? Is it loud? Am I going to be looking at orange construction fences the whole time??

We just got back from a weeklong stay at the Poly. We stayed CL and booked GV rooms. It was great. We got our 3rd floor request and our 3 families were next to each other. The breakfast food was great, Mousekeeping was fine as far as I could tell. We didn't get to take advantage of the evening food/drinks too much b/c we had ADRs most evenings, but it was so nice to come home and grab a cold beer or glass of wine while we got ready for dinner (or just to unwind after a day in the park with the kids!!) Construction was a complete non-issue, except we had to walk a bit longer to get to the TTC, but that was minimal. Yes, you could see it from the lounge windows, but if you just focus on the castle it was fine. :) The luggage service to and from our car was amazing. Magic bands worked great everywhere for opening doors and charging, although slightly awkward to open the doors. My girls went to the Neverland Club twice and loved it. Everything was easy, easy. Spoiled for life now!!

I only have 3 complaints about the whole week. 2 of which aren't Poly-specific:
1) People who come to the lounge to eat and drink with no shoes on. Sorry, folks, this grossed me out. How can they allow that?????
2) The buses to AK and DHS. When the bus filled up at the CR, it just skipped the Poly. My brother had to wait 45 minutes for a bus to AK after 2 of them just didn't come. Not cool.
3) They really need a place to store strollers on the buses. Its ridiculous in a theme park that caters to families not to have this. Its incredibly inconvenient and dangerous.

Happy to answer questions if anyone has any about recent experiences

Feeling pretty happy tonight as I went ahead and booked our Poly stay for next June/ July. We were going to try the Beach Club but my family loves the convenience of the Poly and the feel of the resort. It's like an early Christmas gift for me!

Like the above poster, feeling happy here tonight. Also sad because my sister and her husband are no longer able to go on our trip in March. So now it's just the 4 of us plus my Mom. Which put the 2 BR at BLT that we had booked out of reach. What to do? Well, now the pool is supposed to be open at the Poly. And with the monorail closure, walking to the TTC sure would be convenient. And we just loooove the Poly! How better to cure our blues? Switch our reservation to the Poly of course!! So we'll be back for our fifth stay March 1-8. My Mom's room is booked Feb 28-Mar 5. She's flying and we're driving. We may get there late on the 28th and just crash in her room.

So excited to be coming "home" in just 68 days!!

We like that area too! dd and I would walk to end of building facing MK and there are small balconies at the end of each floor. We would go up stairs to 3rd floor and WOW what a "free" view!:goodvibes

We loved Tokelau too, but now I'm afraid to request it for August. So I requested the other side of the resort. However I'll be reading people's experience about construction and see how things are closer to August. We stayed in Tokelau our first poly stay, on west side, beach end. I thought it was perfect. And a balcony is important to me.

Like the above poster, feeling happy here tonight. Switch our reservation to the Poly of course!! So we'll be back for our fifth stay March 1-8. My Mom's room is booked Feb 28-Mar 5. She's flying and we're driving. We may get there late on the 28th and just crash in her room.

So excited to be coming "home" in just 68 days!!

We'll be there that week as well...looking forward to a relaxing Poly trip! 69 days & counting for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter