ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: October 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking of changing to SV and requesting Aotearoa for Oct 2015. Is there a special way to request "monorail view" for my son? He loves to watch and ride it.

Good lord, that's awful, texasgingerbread! It would never occur to me to drape a blanket over the whole stroller. Shade, yes. Approximating the interior of a car, no.

Sorry everyone that was probably TMI. My bad. I just wanted you to be aware of the dangers of the heat in case you're not from a hot area. Forgive me.

I am wondering if it will still be in front of the resort or not as well. I am thinking it is a good possibility?

So the walkway was never closed, just re-routed? I've never explored the Poly grounds, we have only ever been there for dinner, so I'm not familiar with the walkway to TTC. If the walkway is closed, will there be busses, or will you just have to take the monorail to TTC then switch to get to Epcot? Any experience with this? Thanks! :)

One more thing, if you're thinking of going at beginning of May a guy is canceling MANY good ADRs at that time. He posted them today so maybe the Chef Mickey's and others might still be available. http://www.disboards.com/threads/ne...ad-read-1st-post.3346769/page-4#post-53181101

Oh - and not trying to be morbid but please don't ever consider putting a blanket over your stroller when it's 100 degrees out...even if it's in the sun. In Texas people do this at our First Monday flea markets and they call the first Mondays of June, July, and August "dead baby Monday". I know that's awful but it's true. It happens every month. And sometimes just when the baby is against the Mom due to the heat. Not trying to freak you out, but be smart and keep air flowing with a small child. :)
Wow that's awful. What I was thinking of was just putting one of the light coloured flannel blankets over front of stroller, not sides enclosing entire stroller. But maybe that is even too much? I've also seen people who've had portable fans that attach to strollers with cage around them so little fingers won't get hurt.

Wow that's awful. What I was thinking of was just putting one of the light coloured flannel blankets over front of stroller, not sides enclosing entire stroller. But maybe that is even too much? I've also seen people who've had portable fans that attach to strollers with cage around them so little fingers won't get hurt.

I might go with the muslin receiving blanket instead. A fan would be fab!!!

We had bottles of frozen water, too, which we wrapped in a cloth diaper and put inside the stroller with her. Our stroller is black, but somehow, the cloth diaper and frozen bottles made it nice and cool inside. I'm thinking of doing the same thing this August when we go. Even though she's three now, it will be stinking hot. Fortunately, she drinks a lot of water. So I shouldn't have too much trouble getting her to stay hydrated.

So excited to be going back to the Poly, my DD and I will be there 9/2-9/7/2015. I just booked yesterday. We were there in November 2014 amidst tons of construction and still loved it, so this time around hopefully a lot less construction will be going on.

Thinking of changing to SV and requesting Aotearoa for Oct 2015. Is there a special way to request "monorail view" for my son? He loves to watch and ride it.

Call the central reservation number and have it added to your reservation. You won't be able to add such a specific request if you do online check-in, but a phone CM should be able to. They will likely warn you that it is just a request and they can't guarantee it. Just say you know and it should be good!

Call the central reservation number and have it added to your reservation. You won't be able to add such a specific request if you do online check-in, but a phone CM should be able to. They will likely warn you that it is just a request and they can't guarantee it. Just say you know and it should be good!
Thank you. The little guy loves the monorail!!

I might go with the muslin receiving blanket instead. A fan would be fab!!!
Lol, my babies are in their 20s now, didn't even know they had Muslin receiving blankets! We just had the thin flannel type.
But my parents have lived in Florida for 40 yrs, so I've been down lots when mine were babies.
And in Aug we still get out of the heat mid day either to our airconditioned room, or pool. Then return to a park at night after sundown. The nice thing about Poly pool is the zero entry. Easy to sit in the shallows with baby. Just remember swim diapers, not sure if gift shop sells them, and if they do they're prob double the cost!

Has anyone been able to book a cabana for April? I just tried and was told it was booked up for the date I wanted. I asked if it was just not allowing reservations because of refurbishments or if it was truly booked up. She was unable to find any information on if it was due to refurbishments. I was hopeful that was the reason so I could just call back when they opened the pool and grab one. Le sigh. Kinda bummed. This was the first time we were going to rent one.

We have been told by IPO that they are not bookable yet - we are on a list waiting for them to become available. I would call back as we get closer to March 26th when the pool is supposed to be open to check again.

Well, our date switch is officially done. We are now at Poly on 10/10 - 10/18/15 SV with Aotearoa request. This will be our first MNSSHP and Food & Wine. Very excited :yay:

We have been told by IPO that they are not bookable yet - we are on a list waiting for them to become available. I would call back as we get closer to March 26th when the pool is supposed to be open to check again.

Thank you! I'll wait a few weeks then. Hopefully we can get one. If not, I guess that's fine since they changed it to no pool hopping We should be able to find somewhere to sit. Last time we went, it was horrendous.

Can anyone please explain all the excitement surrounding Trader Sams? Isn't it just a bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter