ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: June 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the bungalows will be awesome? Maybe they will be in the style of French Polynesian (gasp) bungalows that have great views and special location? Maybe they will be the new club level rooms, and will have attendants like the swanky French Polynesian resorts do. Hawaii will change to regular rooms, and everyone will try to make a reservation in them as soon as the reservations open, like we do with ADRs, Castaway Cay cabanas on DCL, and every other thing that Disney has somehow convinced us we can't live without. I'm betting in 3 years people will be complaining there aren't MORE of them. What if the too small pool and eyesore volcano actually was better?

All I know is I like Disney, and I trust they are going to make money AND make things fresh and new. I liked Toon Town but I like new Fantasyland too. I liked Mr. Toad's wild ride but I like Winnie the Pooh too. I liked Body Wars and the cable cars and the old Imagination but I like Soarin' and Alladin's carpets and the Rockin' Roller Coaster too. I don't want WDW to get stale. I want a good mix of old and new, and I trust the Imagineers.

So let's give them the benefit of the doubt that this will improve things rather than anything new is bad and will ruin our memories. Even Tikiman, who I have the ultimate Disney respect for, doesn't know exactly what is going on so let's just see what happens. Maybe it will turn out to be magical?

The comparison is that many people have decided they don't like something before even trying it or seeing it in its final form. I don't wish to argue, and you clearly have decided the addition of bungalows is a negative for you.
I stand by my original post, being appreciative of a level-headed response- I found it refreshing. The last thing I want is to get caught up in a debate because I choose to take a wait and see approach while you are choosing to react now.

No offence... You can't stay out of a debate by publicly disagreeing.. Lol

Maybe the bungalows will be awesome? Maybe they will be in the style of French Polynesian (gasp) bungalows that have great views and special location? Maybe they will be the new club level rooms, and will have attendants like the swanky French Polynesian resorts do. Hawaii will change to regular rooms, and everyone will try to make a reservation in them as soon as the reservations open, like we do with ADRs, Castaway Cay cabanas on DCL, and every other thing that Disney has somehow convinced us we can't live without. I'm betting in 3 years people will be complaining there aren't MORE of them. What if the too small pool and eyesore volcano actually was better?

All I know is I like Disney, and I trust they are going to make money AND make things fresh and new. I liked Toon Town but I like new Fantasyland too. I liked Mr. Toad's wild ride but I like Winnie the Pooh too. I liked Body Wars and the cable cars and the old Imagination but I like Soarin' and Alladin's carpets and the Rockin' Roller Coaster too. I don't want WDW to get stale. I want a good mix of old and new, and I trust the Imagineers.

So let's give them the benefit of the doubt that this will improve things rather than anything new is bad and will ruin our memories. Even Tikiman, who I have the ultimate Disney respect for, doesn't know exactly what is going on so let's just see what happens. Maybe it will turn out to be magical?

:thumbsup2

My family LOVES the monorail resorts. :love:

So in essence you can blame us for this dvc building !

We are dh, dw, dd18 and ds16. We need more than to be in a single room to enjoy our vacation.

We love BLT! We stayed in the 1br villas 2 years in a row and I finally got a 2br last November.

We have been waiting patiently since first heard about it to stay in VGF. Yep we will be there in early January when ds off for HS and dd home from college. I booked a 2br lake view and can't wait. How many family of 4 trips do I have left???? I want this family time to be special and you can be assured I will be watching, waiting and planning to secure a space in the new poly villas :cloud9:

No offence... You can't stay out of a debate by publicly disagreeing.. Lol

Thank you bluejasmine.

Also I am not the only one who feels the bungalows in front of Hawaii will not be a good thing. I am not against them building them at all either. I am against them building them in front of the Club Level Longhouse. They want to build them in front of Tahiti and Sunset Point fine.

As our dreams of returning to Tahiti for a 6th year fade quickly away, I am beginning to ponder a CL TPV upgrade.

BUT... my DD has peanut and tree nut allergies...

Does anyone have any experience with food allergies and CL or a contact that I can reach out to at Poly to find out?

Thanks!

My family LOVES the monorail resorts. :love:

So in essence you can blame us for this dvc building !

We are dh, dw, dd18 and ds16. We need more than to be in a single room to enjoy our vacation.

We love BLT! We stayed in the 1br villas 2 years in a row and I finally got a 2br last November.

We have been waiting patiently since first heard about it to stay in VGF. Yep we will be there in early January when ds off for HS and dd home from college. I booked a 2br lake view and can't wait. How many family of 4 trips do I have left???? I want this family time to be special and you can be assured I will be watching, waiting and planning to secure a space in the new poly villas :cloud9:

We don't blame the DVC people at all. This was Disney's idea and the placement is also Disney's idea. The bungalows though will be Grand Villa's that sleep 8 and studio villa's which may not fit into what you need. I don't know.

As our dreams of returning to Tahiti for a 6th year fade quickly away, I am beginning to ponder a CL TPV upgrade.

BUT... my DD has peanut and tree nut allergies...

Does anyone have any experience with food allergies and CL or a contact that I can reach out to at Poly to find out?

Thanks!

Tara the CM's at the Lounge are wonderful about allergies and providing things that won't cause problems for your daughter. I know of others that have done CL with all different types of allergies and sensitivities.

Another one here who does not like bungalow in front of Hawaii, Tahiti, or SP! I have no problem with DVC. Though I do not own DVC, I can book that room type anytime I like.

So sent that post by accident before finishing. :-)

I just wish the bungalows would be built on the West side closer to GF, if they must be built.

I just wish the bungalows would be built on the West side closer to GF, if they must be built.

I have never walked over there. Is there beach there? If there is that would be the ideal place to build them. It would not impact as many LV and TPV rooms.

Thank you bluejasmine.

Also I am not the only one who feels the bungalows in front of Hawaii will not be a good thing. I am not against them building them at all either. I am against them building them in front of the Club Level Longhouse. They want to build them in front of Tahiti and Sunset Point fine.

No you're not. Not at all. I'm not sure why some have to criticize those of us who aren't in love with this idea. :confused3 We are all entitled to an opinion.

I'm all for fresh & new and changes, and I'm certainly not 'woe is me', I just think this is the worst idea ever.

That's the best idea so far!! :thumbsup2

I have never walked over there. Is there beach there? If there is that would be the ideal place to build them. It would not impact as many LV and TPV rooms.

Yes, there's lots of beach over there!

Especially on these boards.

On any public board you go to. If you post you are open to disagreement and debate and you are especially open to disagreement or debate if you post against the prevailing view of the board.

On any public board you go to. If you post you are open to disagreement and debate and you are especially open to disagreement or debate if you post against the prevailing view of the board.

You are correct.

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."

-Albert Einstein

I am trying to provide my family with a list of items that are available for breakfast in the CL lounge, since that's what we are planning on doing while we're there. Am I missing anything from this list?

Bagels, croissants, pastries
Oatmeal
Fruit
Yogurt
Cereals - corn flakes, fruit loops (are these always the same or do they rotate?)
Juice, coffee, tea

How easy is it to run over to Captain Cook's and get some eggs? Would that take long? I know this selection won't have enough protein for some...

Oh yeah***and this***WE'RE 99 DAYS OUT!!!!!!!!!:cool1::cheer2::cool1::cheer2:

You are correct.

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."

-Albert Einstein

I am very capable of forming my own opinions. I am no lemming. I listen and I learn about an issue. You came on to an established board where a lot of us feel the same way. You posted a different opinion in such a way as to say we were being unreasonable. Then you say you didn't want a debate. Did you seriously think you were not going to get one? Then you post a dig at us, or maybe just at me because I have been the most vocal. I am sorry but I just find that rude. If I go to another board and my opinions differ I strive to learn why the people on that board feel as they do. I do not however insult them.

I like going to a board where they stay on topic. For example, I like it when we talk about the Poly on the Poly information board. I don't think Einstein ever even stayed in the Poly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter