• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: June 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update since most of the day went by and my Water isn't cold because the fridge still has the dirty food dh went to speak to management. He apologized gave us one night credit and fast passes that really helped! Now I can start my vacation I understand things happen and it's awesome when people make up for it that's great customer service!

Hey, now you're talking! Glad they made it up to you. Enjoy your trip!!

Thanks everyone for trying to allay my fears. This is just such an important and big trip for us I would hate for it to start out badly. I am going to put the bad experiences posted in the back of my mind and think positive. I so want this trip to be magical.

I am sorry about those that had rough starts to their vacations. I see some were made up for and I hope they do the same with the others. pixiedust:pixiedust:

Try not to worry. :goodvibes I know it's easier said than done, but odds are overwhelmingly on your side that check in will go just fine. I have a good feeling for you--I think you're going to have an amazing trip! :goodvibes

Wondering if things got better for you and your family? Did they have a third floor room for you to move to?

I think that is really appalling. Telling you as the guest that you have to be the one to notify bell services that your location has changed? Shouldn't that be done by a staff member? The lack of enthusiasm is very disappointing. I hope your trip has become more magical.

Agreed. That is one of the worse WDW customer service experiences I have read about and certainly would not expect that from the Poly.

Hope things look up for you! Be sure that you are adequately taken care of and then try to put it behind you and enjoy the rest of what will hopefully be a magical trip! :tink:

Are all the theme park view club level rooms on upper floors or are some on the first floor?

Wow, sorry to hear about these poor customer service/room experiences!!!

I somewhat sadly booked BLT 2 BR Lakeview today for my family of 4 and my sister and her husband, for March 1-8. Still hope that there will not be major construction at the Poly and we can switch. I was just afraid those 2 BR's would disappear. I doubt we'll have too much trouble getting standard view rooms at the Poly, so we made the decision to book our "back-up" instead of our first choice. Kids are actually excited about BLT - new pools and slides to try out, more room, etc. But this was to be my sister's first stay at Poly and I just can't imagine staying anywhere else. Of course there's pros and cons to both, but fingers crossed for our 5th Poly stay!

I had originally told IPO that I wanted first floor but then thought about the theme park views and that they might be on the third floor so I called IPO and told them first or third. I am hoping for some pixie dust but if it doesn't happen at least I am at the Poly!!pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

If we have a theme park view room can we get Wishes on our room t.v. like at the Contemp or is it just at the main beach?

If we have a theme park view room can we get Wishes on our room t.v. like at the Contemp or is it just at the main beach?

I do not believe you can get it on your room tv--if you can, no one told me when we checked in. ;) We just stood on the balcony and listened to it from the beach below. It was one of the highlights of our trip.

I had originally told IPO that I wanted first floor but then thought about the theme park views and that they might be on the third floor so I called IPO and told them first or third. I am hoping for some pixie dust but if it doesn't happen at least I am at the Poly!!pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Themepark views are on all 3 floors.

I do not believe you can get it on your room tv--if you can, no one told me when we checked in. ;) We just stood on the balcony and listened to it from the beach below. It was one of the highlights of our trip.

What building were you in we are in Tahiti and don't know if we want to go to the beach or not especially if it is raining.

Hi I'm so excited I just booked my 1st trip to The Poly for this upcoming January 18 2014!! I was curious if there is any construction going on at the resort at this time. We booked a garden View Club Level room.

What building were you in we are in Tahiti and don't know if we want to go to the beach or not especially if it is raining.

Oh no! I forgot about RAIN! Ha ha! I was planning on watching fireworks from the beach. This is important to me - we left our first night open for this because some of the people we are with will be at disney for the very first (and only!) time. Is there anywhere to watch fireworks in a protected area? (No, we're not club level or TPV!) We are arriving early afternoon and have a dinner res at chef mickeys then were planning on heading back to poly beach for fireworks. If it's raining, maybe there's a covered place at CR we could try??

Hi everyone, I've got a quick question if anyone could help I'd appreciate it!

We are currently booked at Shades of Green but they are doing some heavy construction right now so I was thinking of changing and staying across the street at the Poly, but was wondering is there construction (besides room upgrades) going at the Poly right now too?

We are going August 22-September 3 if anyone knows if there is Poly construction scheduled for those times I'd really love to know. I'd hate to change resorts and still be stuck with heavy construction. Thanks for any info guys!

Oh no! I forgot about RAIN! Ha ha! I was planning on watching fireworks from the beach. This is important to me - we left our first night open for this because some of the people we are with will be at disney for the very first (and only!) time. Is there anywhere to watch fireworks in a protected area? (No, we're not club level or TPV!) We are arriving early afternoon and have a dinner res at chef mickeys then were planning on heading back to poly beach for fireworks. If it's raining, maybe there's a covered place at CR we could try??

Yes. The 4th floor deck is not covered, but if you go out and go a level or two up the stairs, you can still hear the music and you will be under cover. This will be the stairs on the opposite side from the monorail, and I usually go up two levels so I am above the trains for viewing.

Hi everyone, I've got a quick question if anyone could help I'd appreciate it!

We are currently booked at Shades of Green but they are doing some heavy construction right now so I was thinking of changing and staying across the street at the Poly, but was wondering is there construction (besides room upgrades) going at the Poly right now too?

We are going August 22-September 3 if anyone knows if there is Poly construction scheduled for those times I'd really love to know. I'd hate to change resorts and still be stuck with heavy construction. Thanks for any info guys!

We will be there for most of the same days you will be there. From everything I've read, the earliest any construction would begin is sometime during September, but I don't remember any dates in the beginning of September.

CTDisney,

I thought I was reading my own letter to Disney when I read your post.

We had nearly the same exact experience with Club Level a month ago.

Are you in 2514? The steamed up, dirty windows full of cobwebs put a real damper on our magic :mad:

Unfortunately, they were never able to move us during our entire stay.

Like you, our only request was to be on the 1st or 3rd floor ... anything but the 2nd floor.

Well yesterday was a comedy of errors. Got to airport on time and found out that our plane would be arriving 1/2 hour late. No big deal. Then we get on the plane and are told there is a minor mechanical problem. That took another 1/2 hour to resolve. We were then cleared for takeoff...yay! We moved up to the runway and were next to take off...and air traffic control closes our route. Ugh!! Took another full hour of sitting on the runway until we finally took off. So now we are a full two hours late. We were supposed to land 6:15 at MCO and now it's looking like it will be 8:25.

We finally land at MCO and board the ME. And yup you guessed it...we are the last stop. We get dropped off at the poly at 10:05.

We were checking into club level. No one meets us off the bus so we head into the GCH. Wait in line at the check-in desk and finally get the attention of a rather unmagical cm. I tell her we are checking in CL and she looks at us and says, "name?". So I tell her and she just starts typing. No aloha, no smile, no nothin. So I say "I'm assuming we can't check in at the Hawaii building since it's a few minutes after 10:00". And she tells me they have all gone home. I ask if there is any way we can have them put a couple crackers or desserts in our room since the kids haven't eaten since lunch. She tells me "nope too late". Then she just hands us our key. No mention of club hours, no 'enjoy your stay', no nothin. Doesn't even tell us what room we are in. So I ask her what room we are in and how to get to Hawaii.

She tells me we are on the 2nd floor. UGH. My one and only request was 3rd floor. What I found interesting is that when she checked us in she didn't even say "I see you requested 3rd floor, I'm sorry it is not available". No acknowledgment at all. And no leis either. She tells us there are no 3rd floor rooms available tonight but that we can check back in the morning.

So we head over to our 2nd floor room. The windows are all fogged up so we can't see out. I say "let's open these sliders and see this TPV we paid for". Open the slider and massive cobwebs cover the whole opening. Cant lean on rail or anything. Looks like it hasn't been opened and cleaned for months.

So my DH goes down to talk to manager. Manager says we definitely didn't get the CL experience. Offers to move us to a standard non-CL room for tonight and check us into a 3rd floor CL room in morning. My DH asks if we can just pay the reduced rate but keep our current room for the night. Our carry-ons are already there, kids are starving and tired. Manager says no but assigns us to a room in Raratonga. Also tells us to go to bell services and inform them of our room change so ME knows where to deliver our bags. So we do that and then we go back to room, gather all our stuff, and head to our new room in Raratonga...only to discover a king bed. Ugh! So back we go to front desk.

Guess what...manager is now unavailable. Need to re-explain issue to new CM. He agrees to put us back in our original room at a reduced rate. But first we need to go to bell services again to inform them of the room change.

It is now just before midnight. Bell services says our bags will be in our room by 12:00. So we go to captain cooks for a bite to eat. Get back to room at 12:30 and still no luggage. So we call down to luggage and valet on our room phone. My DH explains issue and it takes a good few minutes for him to realize they have transferred him to GF luggage and valet by mistake. They transfer him to poly and he re-explains issue. We end up getting our luggage a bit before 1 am.

Now, I am not usually a negative Nellie but this was seriously the worst CL check-in we've ever had at Disney. I guess the magic goes home at 10 pm.

Honestly, we were all laughing by the end of the night it was all so chaotic.

Kids and dh are still sleeping now. They are all exhausted from our late night. Here's hoping they still have that 3rd floor room for us today...

staticmap

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter