• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: June 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow is our big day and I'm finishing up some final packing. I just wanted to make sure...there are small hair dryers in the room, right? Even after the renovations? Trying to keep my luggage situation under control.

Well after check in everything at Poly has been down hill since then. I'm so upset I just want to cry. First we had all the issues with the dinning plan. After never receiving an apology we were told that the only option was to rebook our reservation and issue new cards but if we didn't want to wait in the lobby we could go to our room. Well we were not happy since no one even apologized and twice we had to go the front desk due to the dinning plan issue (also we had to leave Animal Kingdom early to fix the issue before dinner at HS so we didn't have to pay out of pocket and be reimbursed later) but we went to our room to wait. We figured we would make the best of it and use this time to nap and shower. Of course with our luck today it starts pouring as we are walking back to Tahiti but Disney can't control the weather. A few minutes later soaking wet we arrive at our room only to find that the ceiling panels above the fridge and coffee pot have fallen in and a pipe is leaking. Needless to say several calls later and we are still waiting. We have been moved rooms and are waiting for our new room tickets. It took a lot of calling but needless to say two big issues in one day is not a way to start a trip.

Oh I'm so sorry!!! Sending pixie dust & hugs!!!

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979

Well after check in everything at Poly has been down hill since then. I'm so upset I just want to cry. First we had all the issues with the dinning plan. After never receiving an apology we were told that the only option was to rebook our reservation and issue new cards but if we didn't want to wait in the lobby we could go to our room. Well we were not happy since no one even apologized and twice we had to go the front desk due to the dinning plan issue (also we had to leave Animal Kingdom early to fix the issue before dinner at HS so we didn't have to pay out of pocket and be reimbursed later) but we went to our room to wait. We figured we would make the best of it and use this time to nap and shower. Of course with our luck today it starts pouring as we are walking back to Tahiti but Disney can't control the weather. A few minutes later soaking wet we arrive at our room only to find that the ceiling panels above the fridge and coffee pot have fallen in and a pipe is leaking. Needless to say several calls later and we are still waiting. We have been moved rooms and are waiting for our new room tickets. It took a lot of calling but needless to say two big issues in one day is not a way to start a trip.

that is NOT magical, so sorry:eek:. Just a quick story, we had a FLOOD in our room at YC in June (like we got back to the room and the furniture was removed and the carpet pulled up and fans blowing under it!), had to leave the park early, etc. After a ton of communication errors on Disney's part I got frustrated how it was being handled, but I remained nice to the cast members. I did ask nicely if there were concierge rooms available to move into and there was not, BUT they gave us club level access which was great. Trust me, I did NOT demand this or anything, just asked nicely, and was pleasantly surprised and pleased with the outcome.

Wishing you a happy evening, I hope it all works out in the end!:wizard:

Tomorrow is our big day and I'm finishing up some final packing. I just wanted to make sure...there are small hair dryers in the room, right? Even after the renovations? Trying to keep my luggage situation under control.

Yep, it's in a black drawstring bag in the closet :)

Don't call from your in-room phone, it is a waste of time. Go back to the grand ceremonial house and ask for the guest services manager. The one who helped us was named Eric. There is always one on staff at all times of the day and night. Stand there and wait until he or she comes out and tell them everything from the beginning. Tell them you want a new room immediately, you want comps for food and time wasted, and at least one night off your room stay. Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself and demand satisfaction. You shouldn't have to suffer because of all these problems that aren't your fault!

The Room Only discounts are out!! I was really hoping to upgrade to CL but Poly discounts are very limited for our November dates.

I could switch to WL and save over $1000... But my heart is set on Poly. I've never actually seen either one in person, so what do I know?! I realize I'm asking Poly people, but please weigh in - what do you think about WL?

I'm sorry you couldn't get the Poly with the discount, but the WL is an amazing resort. We've had two stays at the WL and both were great. The WL is a beautiful resort with a great pool, good CS, efficient bus transportation, and convenient boat transportation to MK and CR. Good luck deciding, but if you do choose to go with the WL, I don't think you would be disappointed :).

Well I talked to dh about the new codes and a trip to Disney in December. Because of my kids school schedule we would have to do several nights at rack rate. I would love more than anything to stay at the Poly in December but I have to be realistic. We are spending a ton of money on this August vacation and I can't realistically spend another 3 to 4 thousand dollars on another one in December. I think we have pretty much decided on staying at POFQ garden view. The price is right for us and it is one of the more compact prettier moderates and it has queen beds. We have stayed at CBR before but they still have double beds and we feel we would be more comfortable in queen beds. I will still visit my beloved Poly though. We have to eat at Ohana. It is a tradition on every vacation.

Congrats on going in December :banana:. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

So excited! Just booked the poly for November staying club level garden view. First time staying @ poly and first time club level!!!! Can't wait :)

So I have two questions...
1)how far the walk from Hawaii to the monorail?
2)do all rooms in Hawaii have the two queens & a twin size pull out or do I need to request a room with the twin size? We have 3 adults, and 3 children (ages 5,4 & infant) so without the twin it will be a very tight squeeze.

Thanks!
Soooooo excited!!!!

Yay for booking Poly.....you're going to love it :banana:.

The Hawaii building is close to the GCH...it isn't a long walk at all. All rooms at the Poly (including CL) come with 2 queens and a daybed :).

We are planned for first stay GV CL too :) first week of Dec. have u looked at the tikiman website? He has great info.

This December will be our first CL at the Poly as well. After FINALLY getting through this morning, I was able to get the discount for our nights. We love the Poly and are excited to try CL :goodvibes.

We just booked 2 days at the Poly CL TPV in October. This is our first time at Disney with our 3 kids aged 4 1/2, 3, and 6 months. We are so excited!

:yay:

well today we switched from the poly to the wilderness lodge. So sad but couldn't be avoided since my husband lost his job yesterday! Hopefully we will get to see the poly in 2015 and since we wont know what it was like before all the changes maybe it wont bother us or maybe we will walk around while we are there in October and not like it has much as the wilderness lodge. I cant see why anyone would like walking around on the beach or sleeping in a hammock anyway (NOT):rotfl2::lmao: Ugh I miss it already and I haven't even been there yet:sad2: O well Its Disney no matter what right!

I'm sorry about your DH's job. I hope he finds something else soon. I agree with mirage0306...the Poly is our favorite as well, but the WL runs a very close second for us too. I think you'll have a great time :goodvibes.

Tomorrow is our big day and I'm finishing up some final packing.

Have a great trip :dance3:.

I'm sorry you're having so many problems. I hope everything gets taken care of soon and you don't have any more problems.

The front desk manager Marcello took care of everything and went above and beyond to make it so much better. Now as long as nothing else happens we can have a good trip.

The front desk manager Marcello took care of everything and went above and beyond to make it so much better. Now as long as nothing else happens we can have a good trip.

Yea!!!!! Have a wonderful time

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979

I am glad to hear that everything got worked out and you can go on to have an awesome vacation.

Was on the phone 1st thing this morning 7am/ after 1 hr and 8 mins- I was able to get the room only discount for our trip! :)

I was also able to switch our dates to a week later- and now will be there for my 40th birthday!! And saved about $640!!

Our new dates are 11/14 - 11/19.

So glad to hear this. Sometimes being in a bad situation can turn into a great one. I'm a teacher...I know that when parents are concerned or upset over something, if I go above and beyond to resolve the issue we can actually establish an even better relationship. I was hoping that Disney would take care of your problems in a way that would make you happy. I had a feeling that they would if you talked to them about the issues. Enjoy the rest of your trip...maybe we'll run into each other.

:wizard: Hooray! I was hoping you would provide an update! Wishing you a magical vacation!

Glad everything has been taken care of :). I hope there are no other problems and you have a magical trip from here on out :wizard:.

Was on the phone 1st thing this morning 7am/ after 1 hr and 8 mins- I was able to get the room only discount for our trip! :)

I was also able to switch our dates to a week later- and now will be there for my 40th birthday!! And saved about $640!!

Our new dates are 11/14 - 11/19.

Yay for getting the discount and switching your dates to be there over your birthday :yay:.

I have a question about which floor? What are the differences? This will be our FIRST Poly stay!
We want to be close to GCH so thinking Samoa - what floor ?????

Hey there! :) How are you liking Samoa? We love the counter space too, plenty of room for all our stuff. I can't believe we only have 2 full park days left though. This week is going by too fast!!!

Well, I absolutely love it. My wife, on the other hand, still hasn't come around on the idea yet. She was complaining yesterday that the room had no hidden mickeys or towel aimals and it just seemed like a nice hotel and not a Disney hotel. Granted, we are used to staying at the moderates. She also didn't like the fact that the volcano poll has no shaded areas. We are used to Port Orleans, so there are lots if trees and some provide some shade during the day in the pool. Also, the bridges over the pool areas provide a little shade. We are very fair-skinned, so we always look for shaded areas when swimming.

A least when we returned to our room tonight we had a towel elephant on the bed. This gained some Disney points. :)

I am still trying to master the Dole Whip machine in Captain Cook's to get the biggest, tallest I can without any 'leaning tower of Pisa' action. :)

Ok only 7 1/2 hours and we leave very ýýýýýýýýýý

Woo hoo just reread that. I just realized you meant leve for the World not leave from the World. Teach me to read the boards half asleep without my glasses on

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter