• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: June 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for a quick answer since I am about to book. I have only stayed in Hawaii and Samoa before but im interested in the rooms with 2 sinks on the TTC side of resort. Which longhouse is that?

Thanks

All rooms will now have two sinks.

All rooms will now have two sinks.

That's good to know. It will be my brother and nieces 1st time at a deluxe! Very excited for them. We are going March 3-7 2014. I wanted to be close to TTC but thinking Tokelau may be better since they will be closer to everything.

Thanks

Does anyone have cab fare rates from the Poly to DTD, AK & HS? I tried using one of the online taxi calculators but it was giving me like $36 to AK. Is it seriously that much!?!?

Poly to DTD was approximately $15 + tip

Poly to AK was approximately $25 + tip

We haven't taken a cab to DHS from the Poly. However last trip, I wish we had. We waiting over 50 minutes for the bus :rolleyes2 It wasn't the busy and a CM was following it up and it still took that long. It was almost 90 minutes in travelling time. I would have rather paid for a cab.

We were there at the start of the month and most buses shared with the contemporary, they stopped there first on the way back from everywhere. Grand Floridian was sharing buses with the wilderness lodge.

As I said before I found the buses fine. We were at the poly for 18 days so we used them quite a bit. Downtown Disney was the only place where the buses were annoying but even then it wasn't the end of the world. We went to Dtd one night after dinner at the yachtsman and that bus was horrendous...

Geeez , if I stayed at the POLY for 18 days I would be fine walking everywhere.......

Kudus to you for such a long stay!!!!!!

Poly to DTD was approximately $15 + tip

Poly to AK was approximately $25 + tip

We haven't taken a cab to DHS from the Poly. However last trip, I wish we had. We waiting over 50 minutes for the bus :rolleyes2 It wasn't the busy and a CM was following it up and it still took that long. It was almost 90 minutes in travelling time. I would have rather paid for a cab.

I take it this is 1 way....looks like it may be close to the same price for us to rent a car. $190 for 10 days and that saves us from tipping ME and the bellhop for our bags (so $30 saved). We would spend at least $120 in taxi fares.

30 days!!!! I think I'll start packing....LOL!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

We leave Thursday night and I just started last night and I am not done! Feeling a little stressed. Packing and organizing for my family of 5 is like organized chaos. ;)

We leave Thursday night and I just started last night and I am not done! Feeling a little stressed. Packing and organizing for my family of 5 is like organized chaos. ;)

Ditto! We are leaving Friday , sleeping at the airport and taking an early flight on Saturday morning. We should be at the poly by 9:30 or 10:00 AM Saturday morning!!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

That's good to know. It will be my brother and nieces 1st time at a deluxe! Very excited for them. We are going March 3-7 2014. I wanted to be close to TTC but thinking Tokelau may be better since they will be closer to everything.

Thanks

It was our first stay at the Poly and we loved Tokelau, it was so convenient for everything!

Geeez , if I stayed at the POLY for 18 days I would be fine walking everywhere.......

Kudus to you for such a long stay!!!!!!

Thanks, can't believe we still didn't do everything we wanted to, still an excuse for another trip in the future once we replenish the savings!

99 Days!!!!! Wish it were closer, but really excited about October...

Kids don't know yet, which makes it more fun for me...

DTD seems to be a problem with every resort except POR/POFQ where there is a boat...

And we just stayed there in June and it's a hassle too bc only so many people can fit on a boat and they go soooo slow so you sometimes waited 20-30 min to get on and then its another 20 min boat ride and them if they see lightning...oy!

I just did it...Changed to Poly Club Level for our December trip. Husband's idea. I can't believe it!!!! :yay:
I am so EXCITED for you! You won't be sorry you did. There is nothing like Club Level at the Poly.

Does anyone know if the stores sell large bottles of water like gallon size? Even with no refrigerator I would like to have water on hand in the room. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter