ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: June 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found this thread - we will be there in 24 days! Looks like a lot of you will be there around that time too! (My ticker says AKL but when 30% off came out we moved to Poly...now I can't remember how I got the ticker so I can't change it!)

I see you have been to poly before what would say is the best longhouse?

I know it's subjective and everyone has their own favorite, but we really like Tokelau and have requested it again. It's very centrally located to everything at the resort and it's really close to the TTC.

See you there!! :wave2:

19 days here too!!

Well, today actually makes 18 days for us, so we'll warm up the place for your arrival! :rotfl:See you there too!:wave2:

Positives include:

A beach that looks like this:

And a lobby that looks like this:

The one negative we found was actually the lack of sitting in the shade. Obviously July in Florida is going to be hot. There were many areas that would have been perfect for a bench to just sit and enjoy the scenery or people watch. (And no, we're not old fogeys!). And like people said, the tables in the shade by the pool were just impossible to get. Ever. But this in no way would detract us from booking again. We loved the Poly.

I just found this thread - we will be there in 24 days! Looks like a lot of you will be there around that time too! (My ticker says AKL but when 30% off came out we moved to Poly...now I can't remember how I got the ticker so I can't change it!)

You will be there before you know it ::yes::. AKL is a beautiful resort, but the Poly is :cloud9:. Have a great trip!!!

A beach that looks like this:

And a lobby that looks like this:

Love the pics. We don't usually sit in the lobby much, but I love walking through as it always seems so peaceful listening to the waterfall :goodvibes. Some people find the Poly lobby to be noisy and chaotic, but it's never seemed that way to me.

You will be there before you know it ::yes::. AKL is a beautiful resort, but the Poly is :cloud9:. Have a great trip!!!

Love the pics. We don't usually sit in the lobby much, but I love walking through as it always seems so peaceful listening to the waterfall :goodvibes. Some people find the Poly lobby to be noisy and chaotic, but it's never seemed that way to me.

Yeah, the only time we really sat in the lobby was when we were early for DME, but we said we should have done that more often. :)

Making kona sticky wings & pot stickers can't wait to be back at our happy place in 57 days!!!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013

psac beautiful photos, Thanks for shareing! I can not wait to see the Poly myself in 113 Days :)

Do you know if all rooms have them?

I'm not sure. We are CL so I don't know if it makes a difference. We didn't request one but there is one there and is colder than it has been in the past. I will ask around and see if I can find out if all have them or not.

Forgive me if this has been asked but I couldn't find it :confused3 ... what brand of coffee are they providing in the rooms now that Starbucks has taken over the parks??
79CF469C000B75F043E9CDD02D603D37.png

Forgive me if this has been asked but I couldn't find it :confused3 ... what brand of coffee are they providing in the rooms now that Starbucks has taken over the parks??

Starbucks will not be offered in the rooms. Currently they are in the process of switching the restaurants and lounges from Nescafé to Joffrey's. The in-room coffee makers are Cuisinart pods. They are round and flat type bags, not the k cup style, but I've never tasted them. Here is what they look like:

IMG_9604.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Starbucks will not be offered in the rooms. Currently they are in the process of switching the restaurants and lounges from Nescafé to Joffrey's. The in-room coffee makers are Cuisinart pods. They are round and flat type bags, not the k cup style, but I've never tasted them. Here is what they look like:

IMG_9604.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Yeah, I don't drink coffee either - was asking for DH ...

After 9 wonderful days here at the Poly we are checking out tomorrow. So sad to be leaving. :( This was our first on site trip and I would come back here in a heartbeat! We are in Aoteroa (?) and we are facing the monorail. DH was not delighted with this by my 2 daughters and I were! Where else can you watch a monorail go by? He was won over by the gorgeous room, the gorgeous trees almost blocking our monorail view and the fantastic sound proof glazing which meant you could not hear a things as they went by. Love my view and will be sad to say goodbye. Thanks to all on this thread who had provided such great insight into the resort! Really helped with planning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter