• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: June 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow when I booked this I didn't think about all the non guest taking over the poly. I sure hope I don't regret my decision on staying there.

Honestly, the problem is usually confined to big holidays ... like the 4th of July. Only this year they had the fireworks for a full SEVEN days and locals, and many many others descended upon the Polynesian every seven of those nights. Once those fireworks switched back to Wishes it was much more manageable ... fortunately, our last night was quite pleasant on the beach -- but not the other nights.

Oh ok thanks I was worried after reading the post about the non guest. I am so nervous we never stayed there before.

So does anyone know if you request a longhouse the chance of you getting that one?

Well ANY request is NOT guaranteed but I will say WDW always does everything they can to give it to you, normally if they didn't, it's b/c they couldn't...

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013

Oh ok thanks I was worried after reading the post about the non guest. I am so nervous we never stayed there before.

Yes, sorry, don't be nervous at all about Poly. Large crowds of non-Poly guests really are just surrounding big holidays and special presentations of Wishes.

The positives at Poly outweigh the one negative by tons! You won't be disappointed there. The atmosphere, transportation, location, new rooms, restaurants, beach, etc., are outstanding.

Good: great location, amazing views, relaxing ambiance, monorail access

ITA :). Just to add a few more....the beach is great for relaxing in a hammock watching the fireworks, the pool is nice as it backs up to the beach with a distant view of the castle while swimming, and Captain Cooks is great for quick CS meals and snacks :goodvibes.

The good:

Starting from when you see the signs for the MK resorts/Polynesian. It's like a kid in the candy shop. Then the entrance & then you walk in, ahh..it's paradise.

Then that first walk out of the GCH & you hear the toot toots of the boats, the train whistle, the howl from the Haunted mansion. Then you see the castle & the view.

It doesn't matter if you have garden view, lagoon view, theme park view, CL or not, you are at the Poly. Your view will be amazing. The lushness of the landscape & the peacefulness of it as well. There are no screaming kids (OK the pool might be another story) but it is calm. You can sit outside and think or daydream.

Um..the monorail to Epcot. The walkway is peaceful to the TTC.

I couldn't agree more :thumbsup2.

We have been at the Poly since 27th June, 3 more days to go...

Hope you're having a great trip :wizard:.

I sure hope I don't regret my decision on staying there.

You won't regret it.....the Poly is an amazing resort :cloud9:.

Well ANY request is NOT guaranteed but I will say WDW always does everything they can to give it to you, normally if they didn't, it's b/c they couldn't...

I agree ;).

The positives at Poly outweigh the one negative by tons! You won't be disappointed there. The atmosphere, transportation, location, new rooms, restaurants, beach, etc., are outstanding.

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

So can anyone tell me what I should except when I get to poly good or bad things will help.

We just had our first trip at the Poly. The grounds are beautiful and you can't beat watching the fireworks from the beach. The cons we had with the Poly were the crowds of people who come to the Poly for the pool and fireworks. (July 4th was insane!) We were in Tahiti which was awesome for TTC transportation but was further from GCH than we wanted which meant little legs doing a lot of walking to get to Captain Cooks. Not the end of the world - we survived! Honestly, the convenience of transportation from Poly or TTC is the biggest pro I can think of! Indoor seating at Captain Cooks was a challenge at times but there is outdoor seating available as well. The kids loved the volcano pool and keep asking when we are going back so they can go on the waterslide again!

Just enjoy your trip. You will have a great time!

We just had our first trip at the Poly. The grounds are beautiful and you can't beat watching the fireworks from the beach. The cons we had with the Poly were the crowds of people who come to the Poly for the pool and fireworks. (July 4th was insane!) We were in Tahiti which was awesome for TTC transportation but was further from GCH than we wanted which meant little legs doing a lot of walking to get to Captain Cooks. Not the end of the world - we survived! Honestly, the convenience of transportation from Poly or TTC is the biggest pro I can think of! Indoor seating at Captain Cooks was a challenge at times but there is outdoor seating available as well. The kids loved the volcano pool and keep asking when we are going back so they can go on the waterslide again!

Just enjoy your trip. You will have a great time!

Had Tahiti been refurbished already?? I thought it was going to be closed during our trip...

Wow - so many people leaving soon - have wonderful, magical trips :banana:

One month from today for me :cool1::yay::goodvibes

One week from tomorrow!

ONE WEEK FROM TOMORROW!!!!

:jumping1:

:banana: :banana:

3 DAYS TO GO!!!
Can't contain my excitement!!
FIRST TIME AT THE POLY!!! :)

You're going to love the Poly :cool1: :cool1:.

One month from today for me :cool1::yay::goodvibes

:yay:

what would say is the best longhouse?

I'm not the one you quoted, but we loved Samoa. We found it convenient to everything as it's just steps from the GCH, volcano pool, the beach, and Captain Cooks :goodvibes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter