• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: June 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just left Poly CL on Monday - 2nd floor. The sliding glass doors could not be opened. Both my husband and I tried. Could it be that they changed this with the renovations?

That stinks. I was sure that they opened the last time we stayed on the second floor.

Another quick question that I've been wondering about....

What size are the in-room safes? Are they large enough to fit a laptop inside? (mine is 15.5")

Thanks so much for this info! :thumbsup2

We fit 3 laptops and 2 iPads in the safe.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Can anyone tell me what food offerings are currently available in the CL lounge? Our first stay is in 18 days and I can't wait!!!! :)

Can anyone tell me what food offerings are currently available in the CL lounge? Our first stay is in 18 days and I can't wait!!!! :)

I am pretty sure that this is it along with other things they serve always.

Saturday - barbecue pork skewers and spring rolls
Sunday - bacon wrapped chicken, raspberry/brie pastry, turkey salad
Monday - sushi, Ohana salad, tuna spoon
Tuesday - conch fritters, vegetable cornucopia (I must be missing one here!)
Wednesday - sticky wings, pot stickers, green bean salad
Thursday - crab rangoons, meatballs, pasta salad (and rumblings of ribs!!)
Friday - beef wellington, mango/guava empanadas, kim chee

Katie

Just got back last night! Stayed CL and it was wonderful once again. Housekeeping was wonderful, and we received several towel animals. We ate at the Kona twice for lunch and Ohana once for dinner. We also ate a CC a few times for lunch. All of it was fresh and very good. Rooms are fresh and spa-like. We cannot wait to return.

One of the CM told me that the Poly has the highest percentage of return guests in the world. I believe it! We were hooked our first stay in '07. :cloud9:

I'm thinking we need a Tambu Lounge DIS night!!!! :cloud9: :goodvibes :thumbsup2:cheer2:

Sound like a good idea. What night works for everyone?

I have never met another DISer before. Funny little story....last year while in MK my DH was approached by someone while he was carrying my green book bag which also happens to have a large lime green mickey head attached to it. The person asked him if he was on the Dis and my husband looked at him like he was crazy. :rolleyes1 He learned real quick and now is down with the Dis. A meetup sounds like fun. :goodvibes

Hi! We arrive 7/31!:cheer2:

Problem is we all there this year but.... Not same time.

Was there 4/3-4/8 and 5/23-5/24 and 5/26-5/27. Next is 12/19-12-24. Maybe another with an aunt August-October?.

Wish I could meet you all:confused3

Would love it:yay:

We just left Poly CL on Monday - 2nd floor. The sliding glass doors could not be opened. Both my husband and I tried. Could it be that they changed this with the renovations?

What room were you in? We stay in the same room every year-2501-and I have requested it again this year. I've always opened the sliding door so I can listen to the sounds of the resort. I love opening the door and watching the fireworks on the nights we're not in the parks!

Thanks so much for this thread. We just booked a "last minute" trip for August and your pictures are so wonderful!!!! We haven't stayed there in a few years and I am very much looking forward to this trip. The Poly is just so magical!!

I was very much looking forward to staying at the Poly for our spring break trip next year. But last week the DH decided he wanted to stay at AoA again in a suite to give us two bathrooms. I was kinda sad about it because I love the Polynesian so much and really wanted to stay there but I'm also happy to start at AoA bc I love Igor there too plus extra bathroom. But good news, we've also decided to go during Star Wars weekend next year for a short trip. So we'll be staying at the Poly then May 23rd through the 26th. So very excited!!

What room were you in? We stay in the same room every year-2501-and I have requested it again this year. I've always opened the sliding door so I can listen to the sounds of the resort. I love opening the door and watching the fireworks on the nights we're not in the parks!

We were in room 2511. I hope I am wrong and we just didn't try hard enough!!

A friend of mine just upgraded to Poly Concierge. Any advice or concierge tips for her? Her kids are 11, 13 & 14. Thank you!

We were in room 2511. I hope I am wrong and we just didn't try hard enough!!

We were just there mid June in room 2516 and the door opened. It was just the one on the right. We were disappointed with second floor at first but ended up loving it!

Just switched from CR to The Poly! Sept 8-15th! We have stayed at Poly CL twice & DH was pining for the Poly so went from a CR Tower Room Bay Lake View to Poly Standard View.. Lol

Really going to miss CL but we are very fortunate to be going back to the Poly!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013

Just switched from CR to The Poly! Sept 8-15th! We have stayed at Poly CL twice & DH was pining for the Poly so went from a CR Tower Room Bay Lake View to Poly Standard View.. Lol

Congrats on the switch. We've only stayed GV but are trying CL in December and I'm excited, but I would be just as happy if we were doing a standard room because the Poly is an amazing resort no matter what :goodvibes.

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013

good for you! We only stayed at poly once but had a garden view but I was convinced it was lagoon view! Lol. The view was awesome. I think we would only do garden view at poly!

On a side note...I wanted to know what you thought of cr after your trip! Lol.

I am busy planning for September 2014!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter