ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: June 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
matthewhavens said:
Arriving on 11/29.

Those who requested/got the rooms you wanted - how did you do it?

The online check-in allows you to check two somewhat vague boxes (longhouse and floor).

Are you calling (what # do you call), faxing (what # did you fax), help?

Thanks.

The best way is to call the reservation line and add your requests to your reservation.

Pirate Mickey mom said:
Has the Poly switched to Joffrey's coffee? :coffee:

When we were there the 1st week in September they had Joffrey's coffee in the room but still had the Nescafe at Captain Cooks. I didn't care for the taste of Joffrey's but it was still better than the Nescafe, better yet is the 100% Kona or Kona Blend.

matthewhavens said:
Arriving on 11/29.

The online check-in allows you to check two somewhat vague boxes (longhouse and floor).

Thanks.

I put in my request when I do online check-in as well as call. The past 3 years we have stayed there I have put in a request and the request was met each time. Keep in mind though, they are not obligated to honor the request but they will try their best.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Checking in Nov 2. TP view room. 1st time at Poly. Any advice / tips for first timer???

1. Enjoy the resort. Its incredible. Be sure to walk around at night, enjoy the sights
2. Watch the water pageant from the beach!
3. Take a launch out on the water during Wishes!
4. Lay back on the hammock during the morning with an OJ. (Just leave one for me )
5. Have a Kona Coffee while browsing the Pin shop!
6. Find the quiet beach...... Shhhh its a secret....
7. Ride the monorail at off times in a full circuit (twice!)
8. Sit outside Capt. Cooks and listen to the music and the water spring while having. DOLE whip.
9. Talk with Auntie Kau'i
10. Take a buggy bike for a ride!

Is that enought? These are always on my list!

Arriving on 11/29.

Thanks.

They chuck out faxes ' now apparently, i always call and speak with CM and explain how much you really want that room. We always specify a floor too. We have yet to be disappointed......

1. Enjoy the resort. Its incredible. Be sure to walk around at night, enjoy the sights
4. Lay back on the hammock during the morning with an OJ. (Just leave one for me )
8. Sit outside Capt. Cooks and listen to the music and the water spring while having. DOLE whip.

All excellent recommendations!! One more, catch the torch lighting ceremony in the lobby at 6:00 pm

You forgot about hula lessons in the lobby! ;)

Hey guys Steve Tikiman said he would consider keeping his site up if he hit 6000 Facebook likes by the 24th. Lets make this happen. He is only about 1500 off that mark now. Please let every Poly lover you know to like his site so that we wont lose this terrific guy!

Hey guys Steve Tikiman said he would consider keeping his site up if he hit 6000 Facebook likes by the 24th. Lets make this happen. He is only about 1500 off that mark now. Please let every Poly lover you know to like his site so that we wont lose this terrific guy!

Why is he taking down his site?

I was just on the phone for 1 hour and 54 minutes to book a small cabana. Then the lady tells me it's available, ready to book.... but apparently we have one too many people! Me & DH, grandma, grandpa & 3 little kids. I just wanted some shade for my little blonde kids and a place for grandma & grandpa to relax. I'm so, so, so, bummed. Not to mention I just wasted 2 hours of my life.

leannak said:
I was just on the phone for 1 hour and 54 minutes to book a small cabana. Then the lady tells me it's available, ready to book.... but apparently we have one too many people! Me & DH, grandma, grandpa & 3 little kids. I just wanted some shade for my little blonde kids and a place for grandma & grandpa to relax. I'm so, so, so, bummed. Not to mention I just wasted 2 hours of my life.

Ugh, that's horrible!! :( That doesn't seem like too many people to me. Too bad the CM didn't ask how many people and tell you the limit to begin with!!

Sent from my Galaxy SII

The limit is 6 people. We have 4 adults and 3 little kids. She did ask me right after verifying our confirmation #, home address, blah blah blah, but the hold time to get to a recreation CM was almost 2 hours!! I wanted to cry. She wasn't even nice about it. :(

leannak said:
The limit is 6 people. We have 4 adults and 3 little kids. She did ask me right after verifying our confirmation #, home address, blah blah blah, but the hold time to get to a recreation CM was almost 2 hours!! I wanted to cry. She wasn't even nice about it. :(

Oh, I see. That is annoying!!!

Sent from my Galaxy SII

I would have just told them you had the 5 of you and then just have the grand parents come visit you at the cabana. They don't check people. We had some ex cast members come and hang out with us part of the day.

I would have just told them you had the 5 of you and then just have the grand parents come visit you at the cabana. They don't check people. We had some ex cast members come and hang out with us part of the day.

Really?? It might be worth the 2 hours on hold if that would work. I had considered booking it for 6 of us and not giving our 5 year old a wristband. I thought maybe the CM would take pity on the poor little thing and let her come in with us. :rotfl:

My kids don't even drink soda and we'll all have mugs, so it's not like they'll lose money on us that way. Probably would sell a few more adult beverages if we were in a cabana, in fact. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter