ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: January 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just returned from extra magic hours at epcot. Had to take a bus back and was a bit miffed. Was not aware mono stops running at 10 magic hours or not. More angry at myself for not knowing this fact. Did I miss the memo? One of the cm's told me it was like that last year too. Must have never noticed and feel so dumb. DGD and I stood in a too packed bus shared with the GF. Not a big deal considering how wonderful the rest of the trip has been...... But wanted to let anyone else know who also was unaware.

Just returned from extra magic hours at epcot. Had to take a bus back and was a bit miffed. Was not aware mono stops running at 10 magic hours or not. More angry at myself for not knowing this fact. Did I miss the memo? One of the cm's told me it was like that last year too. Must have never noticed and feel so dumb. DGD and I stood in a too packed bus shared with the GF. Not a big deal considering how wonderful the rest of the trip has been...... But wanted to let anyone else know who also was unaware.
Have you Been in Hollywood studios? Does writers stop take DDP? I heard they stopped this year but I wanted confirmation!

Sorry about that Rob.

I'm sorry, maybe that came off terse, I should've worded that better. :coffee: It's early. I'm not trying to discourage discussion. I just thought that since no one answered you here that maybe you'd get a more definitive answer over there. :goodvibes

3 weeks from yesterday, we're heading back to the Poly:cool1:

The kids and I are making the countdown chain tonight-
3rd yr in a row- but first time in June. Really looking forward to it!:goodvibes

Here's my question- I've read somewhere about a running path that's about 1.5 miles from the Poly to the GF and back- anyone know if it's still there - are there maps at the front desk?

Thanks- I've got to get packing:thumbsup2

I did not know this. Thanks for the heads up. Does the boat still run from MK to Poly during EMH? Or would we have to take a bus for that too?

Aw, thanks! I LOVE all the yummy drinks at the Poly and WDW! I was on my quest for new things when I was there a couple weeks ago by myself. I discovered the Pomegrante Margarita at La Cava in Mexico - YUM! And I tried a frozen Bacardi mojito at the Refreshment Port (located just before Canada as you enter world showcase). It was really good! I dare say that I enjoyed it as much as a Grey Goose Slushie! It had a great mojito taste even though it just looked like a colorless slushie. But it was in a large cup (not the dinky ones from France :lmao:) and it wasn't as expensive (about $8).

And on my last Poly trip (last October), I really enjoyed the Island Sunset. While it isn't as potent as some of the drinks, it made for a refreshing and tasty drink to start off the evening. Here is a picture of the drink and the menu opened to that page:

A frozen mojito? Oh you've gotta be kidding me. I think Guitarob and I are going to have to tighten our budget belts even more in light of all the drinking we'll be doing (and if pics from the last trip are any indication...we already did our fair share... :rolleyes1 ...) ;)

3 weeks from yesterday, we're heading back to the Poly:cool1:

The kids and I are making the countdown chain tonight-
3rd yr in a row- but first time in June. Really looking forward to it!:goodvibes

Here's my question- I've read somewhere about a running path that's about 1.5 miles from the Poly to the GF and back- anyone know if it's still there - are there maps at the front desk?

Yay you're almost there! :)

I think someone told me recently that the construction that's going on right now blocks the path between the two resorts, but I could be remembering wrong.

Have you Been in Hollywood studios? Does writers stop take DDP? I heard they stopped this year but I wanted confirmation!

There's been mixed info about Writer's Stop for several years on and off. I'm not sure if it's really discontinued...but if you're worried because of the carrot cake cookie...no need to fear! They are available from Sunset Sweets on the boulevard heading toward ToT.

Just posting on here to see my brand new TICKER!! Hubby and I have finally decided it's definitely the POLY for next years trip! Woo Hoo!!:love:

I haven't fully been able to decipher whether or not that path is blocked off or not. I believe, and I could be wrong, that there is still a way to get to the GF Spa through the construction, so I'm guessing yes, it's still there.

You may want to keep tabs on the following threads that seem to be keeping up on the construction:

The "Official Grand Floridian Construction Thread"

The 2012 Grand Floridian FAQ

The 2011 Grand Floridian FAQ pages towards the end at least. This will probably continue into the 2012 FAQ.

There's not a map of the area between resorts that I'm aware of but you can see the path on an interactive map here.

Here is an overlaid screen shot of the above link:
polytogf_small.jpg

Larger version here

Yay you're almost there! :)

I think someone told me recently that the construction that's going on right now blocks the path between the two resorts, but I could be remembering wrong.

Last October you could still walk between the two resorts - the path was kind of redirected around the construction walls. That being said that was over 6 months ago and it may have changed as work has progressed ... sorry, this is not very helpful! :rotfl: I'd check out the links Rob's suggested just to be safe!

ETA: I just checked the GF construction thread. According to posts from a few days ago the walkway between the two resorts is still open, just winding around the outside of the construction walls like it was last fall.

OK... I've been stalking this thread for MONTHS and I am finally posting. We are checking in at the Poly in 25 days! We have always wanted to stay at the Poly... this will be the first time. We have four children... the youngest is under three. So, we are squeezing into our room. This will be our last shot at the Poly for several years so we thought we better do it now before we don't fit! I've have spent COUNTLESS hours researching and planning... hoping it all pays off as we will be at Disney with four kids under 10 at the hottest and busiest time of the year (YIKES!)

Anyway CANNOT WAIT! and thank you to all of you who have provided me with so much great information!

I haven't fully been able to decipher whether or not that path is blocked off or not. I believe, and I could be wrong, that there is still a way to get to the GF Spa through the construction, so I'm guessing yes, it's still there.

You may want to keep tabs on the following threads that seem to be keeping up on the construction:

The "Official Grand Floridian Construction Thread"

The 2012 Grand Floridian FAQ

The 2011 Grand Floridian FAQ pages towards the end at least. This will probably continue into the 2012 FAQ.

There's not a map of the area between resorts that I'm aware of but you can see the path on an interactive map here.

Here is an overlaid screen shot of the above link:
polytogf_small.jpg

Larger version here

as of may 19th, that path is open. when you get by the wed. pav., there are walls on the right side of the path heading to the grand. when you get past the gf gym, there are walls on both sides. you can walk from the poly to the gf. (unless it changed after may 19th):thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter