ALOHA! The Poly FAQ: Winter 2011 Edition

Had to change our vacation week to 8/14-8/21. Lost our room at AKL and are now staying at Poly. A little nervous because we love AKL so much. Please tell me we will like the Poly:scared:

Had to change our vacation week to 8/14-8/21. Lost our room at AKL and are now staying at Poly. A little nervous because we love AKL so much. Please tell me we will like the Poly:scared:

You will love being at the Poly! :love: The rooms are larger and if you like that tropical feel... you will fall in love!! Not to mention being close to the MK! I would be surprised if it doesn't become your new favorite place!:goodvibes

Go to the tikimanpages website, it is filled with great information

I'll be interested in hearing how your adventure back to your resort goes with the new system....post if you can!!!
The ride home wasn't bad-if you don't mind riding the bus. We got in line about 11:15 and waited about 5 mins for the bus. We were dropped off first, before the folks at The Grand. Yes, the bus was crowded. I would definitely recommend not waiting until EMH closing. Tonight they closed at midnight so we had a little bit of time to spare. Like I said, not bad for a bus ride on the first night of implementation. They had it signed very well, but I had to laugh at those oblivious folks that were trying to walk up the monorail ramps, practically stepping over the signs that said it was not running :).

The ride home wasn't bad-if you don't mind riding the bus. We got in line about 11:15 and waited about 5 mins for the bus. We were dropped off first, before the folks at The Grand. Yes, the bus was crowded. I would definitely recommend not waiting until EMH closing. Tonight they closed at midnight so we had a little bit of time to spare. Like I said, not bad for a bus ride on the first night of implementation. They had it signed very well, but I had to laugh at those oblivious folks that were trying to walk up the monorail ramps, practically stepping over the signs that said it was not running :).

Thanks so much for posting back and letting everyone know your experience. As bad as you felt for those poor souls wandering up the monorail ramp, I am sure you were secretly glad because that meant less folks in line for your bus. They can figure it out AFTER your bus leaves....:rotfl2:

thanks for letting us know how it went. :)

They had it signed very well, but I had to laugh at those oblivious folks that were trying to walk up the monorail ramps, practically stepping over the signs that said it was not running :).

PEOPLE NEVER READ SIGNS!!!! Huge pet peeve of complete ignorance to your surroundings!!! :confused3 (or maybe I'm so special - they MUST not mean me!!!)

Thanks for posting. I'm feeling better about this now - especially if the Poly is the first stop!! :thumbsup2

Just booked a Cabana for DH's birthday - so excited!!!:yay:

Now - just to decide if $500 is worth it to upgrade from regular GV to CL GV:confused3

Good to hear the EP bus will stop at TTC, we can get off there and walk to the Hawaii LH!

Im glad to hear that the monorails will be under maintance, the way it sounded at first that it was to be a permanent thing b/c of the cost of repair/replacing them.. I probably read it wrong anyway!

Court tomorrow for the wrongful death claim against the workers comp company of my ex husbands.. Wish us luck..

Im in better spirits, will be very happy when I get rid of this bronchitis.. When we went to WDW in JUne I came back with a cold that went straight to my chest and I just kept taking robitussin and nyquil until I finally realized yesterday I needed to go to the dr.. Good thing I did..

Is it Sept yet???

Just booked a Cabana for DH's birthday - so excited!!!:yay:

Now - just to decide if $500 is worth it to upgrade from regular GV to CL GV:confused3

I made this decision just a few months ago! We stayed for a week so we definitely felt like it was worth the money! If you are going to get to enjoy the resort and take advantage of the lounge then yes.... most definitely do it! I loved it so much that we booked TPV CL for Nov/Dec!! :goodvibes

I will be there the same time as you! It's my first time staying there, but I am sure we are going to love it!

Isn't it about time to rename this thread? WINTER 2011, we are halfway to winter 2012 now!:lmao:

Checked in to the Poly this past Saturday. I had requested Tokelau, room 2913. I used the online check-in three days before departure.

To my utter amazement when we arrived via Disney Magic Express we were greeted by name and ask to follow them to the special on-line check in desk where Bailey was waiting with our check in packet. we were given room 2913 in Tokelau just as requested. We were all over joyed to have the Best GV room in the resort.

We were just about to walk away and I was asked why I requested that room... I told her that I had researched it here on the DIS board and found that 2913 had a good sideways porch view of the castle. She says to me " Would you like a castle view?" And after I said yes, she bumped us to Tuvalu third floor.... full Castle view, unobstructed, right on the water!!! :banana::banana::banana:

I had no idea what I was getting since this is our first time to stay at the Poly...until I walked into the room and opened the sliding glass door. Wow.. Just incredible.:cool1::cool1::cool1:

I'll post pics when I get back home.

We ate at O'hana that night and it was just amazing. The food was great.

Poly is a fantastic place to stay and the girls love it. Quiet pool is or hang out and we have been virtually alone there each day from 10 am till 1pm. Wierd for July.

I checked with Front Desk and was advised that the resort was at 60% capacity. I checked again today, 7/13 cause it seemed more crowded and was told that the resort was at 72% and going up each day. the weekend is supposed to be real busy... they are calling in all cast members and we were told they are expecting record crowdes all next week. Even giving folks 30% off coupons if they will eat off property.

This coming to you live from the Poly... more later!!

WOW! What a great treat!! Not only do you get your requested room but they upgrade you!!! That is sweet!! Congrats on that!! I am glad you are having a magical time!! Will be waiting to see pics! :goodvibes The pictures help with the Poly withdrawal!

Checked in to the Poly this past Saturday. I had requested Tokelau, room 2913. I used the online check-in three days before departure.

To my utter amazement when we arrived via Disney Magic Express we were greeted by name and ask to follow them to the special on-line check in desk where Bailey was waiting with our check in packet. we were given room 2913 in Tokelau just as requested. We were all over joyed to have the Best GV room in the resort.

We were just about to walk away and I was asked why I requested that room... I told her that I had researched it here on the DIS board and found that 2913 had a good sideways porch view of the castle. She says to me " Would you like a castle view?" And after I said yes, she bumped us to Tuvalu third floor.... full Castle view, unobstructed, right on the water!!! :banana::banana::banana:

I had no idea what I was getting since this is our first time to stay at the Poly...until I walked into the room and opened the sliding glass door. Wow.. Just incredible.:cool1::cool1::cool1:

I'll post pics when I get back home.

We ate at O'hana that night and it was just amazing. The food was great.

Poly is a fantastic place to stay and the girls love it. Quiet pool is or hang out and we have been virtually alone there each day from 10 am till 1pm. Wierd for July.

I checked with Front Desk and was advised that the resort was at 60% capacity. I checked again today, 7/13 cause it seemed more crowded and was told that the resort was at 72% and going up each day. the weekend is supposed to be real busy... they are calling in all cast members and we were told they are expecting record crowdes all next week. Even giving folks 30% off coupons if they will eat off property.

This coming to you live from the Poly... more later!!
What a great check-in you had! I can't believe they gave you the exact room you requested. It's usually never a good idea to request a specific room number because if it's not available, the room assignor doesn't know why you requested it and can't easily put you into a similar room. You must have been just giddy to get that TPV upgrade.

I wonder what's going on next week to make it so much more crowded than this week and last? Of course that worries me since we'll be there soon.

Love reading your live update! Thanks for posting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter