ALOHA! The Poly FAQ: Winter 2011 Edition

My daughters want to get hair wraps by the pool at the Poly. Can anyone tell me if they had any issues taking them out when you got home from vacation?

Thank you
Gail

My daughter always wanted to keep it in forever! It does last a long time.

The first year or two she got a hair wrap from the 'top' of her head -- which if you want to remove you will need to unravel -- which shouldn't be hard.

However, you can also get the hair wrap from the bottom of your head ... right above the neckline ... which is also very nice. With that you can simple cut it off b/c they don't use much hair when wrapping and you won't notice the cut at all.

My daughters want to get hair wraps by the pool at the Poly. Can anyone tell me if they had any issues taking them out when you got home from vacation?

Thank you
Gail
My DD12 had her hair wrapped Christmas Eve at the WL. I, too worried about getting them out, but my DD actually (finally) got tired of them and took them out herself back in May. She said the knots were too hard to untie so she used scissors which worked well, but it did take some time to cut the knots without cutting too much hair.

I just asked DD if she would do it again and she said she would. So even though it's sort of uncomfortable to get them put in and take them out, she wants to have it done again in July.

We were just there in May. My son keeps asking to go back. I think I will bite the bullet and book 4 days for my son and myself in August. Should be a good bonding experieince for us two. Hopefully we won't melt in the heat!

Well, Poly lovers, we're headed to California in a little over four hours. Hitting the beach (first beach for the kids aside from the Poly and BC!!) for a few days, then a three day Disney fix at DL and the DLH!!! Definitely going to pop in and check out Tangaroa Terrace for my Poly injection. :)

Thank you !!! I feel like I have a million questions and don't know where to start ! You paint such a lovely picture..... I love how the Poly looks...all tropical and pretty. One of the things I loved about it is that it's a little more relaxed looking than the GF. Don't get me wrong, we loved the GF, but it might be fun for a change. I can't think of a better place.

We literally know NOTHING about the Poly.... I'm trying to find all the info I can! One question I do have.... I've heard some people say how the rooms feel so dark. Did you feel that way ? How about the bathrooms ...do all just have one sink ? I can work with that, so it's not that big a deal if that's all that they have.

How is the bus / boat to the parks ? I've seen some threads where the boat and bus are packed. we never found that at the GF, so I thought that was odd. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think I'm nervous about trying a new place so I'm completely over analyzing!!! (my DH is nodding vehemently !!) :lmao: I know when we get there we're probably going to fall in love !!
In my opinion the rooms were not dark at all. I dont now why people say that. Ive stayed at club level my visits so i know that all club level rooms only have one sink. But it really wasnt a problem with my family of four. And We like our room while were getting ready. lol The boat has never been a problem with us but i guess that depends on when you go! the bus on the other hand can be a little stuffy but you cant blame the resort on that! You shouldnt stress because you cant go wrong when it comes to disney!! :-)

Early one morning during one of our stays we saw a little Disney pest control truck parked by the marina at the Poly. The guy had all kinds of neat looking gadgets on the back of his vehicle (poles with loops on them, poles with hooks etc). We thought he was maybe looking for snakes because that same trip we saw a tiny baby snake near our longhouse (though we never saw the mamma!)

Thank goodness you didnt see the momma:eek:! I wouldn't be surprised with the water and high grass along the beach or anywhere in WDW, being Florida swamp land. Im sure plenty of gators also, I think I remember seeing one when were boating. Even Disney has pests, MAGICAL PESTS! :wizard::wizard:

Just joined the disboards :thumbsup2 Planning my first stay at the Poly in September, a birthday present for my sister, she has had a tough time lately and she always wanted to stay at the Poly. We will be there Sept. 11 - 17th.

No longer a lurker on this thread :)

Welcome no longer a lurker! Have a wonderful stay at the POLY, y'all will love it! I hope things get better real soon for your sister, hey, they already are, she is going to WDW to the Poly with her sister!:wizard:

How far out should you order from gardengrocer to deliver to the Poly. We are at our 30 day mark...

We placed our order about a month out. I wouldn't wait too much longer, they do fill up but usually at the last day or two. The customer service rep said our timing was just fine.

Well, Poly lovers, we're headed to California in a little over four hours. Hitting the beach (first beach for the kids aside from the Poly and BC!!) for a few days, then a three day Disney fix at DL and the DLH!!! Definitely going to pop in and check out Tangaroa Terrace for my Poly injection. :)

You guys have a great time! :goodvibes Make sure to check out ElecTRONica. DD loved it! Also let me know how you liked the DLH. We stayed at the Grand Californian and while it was nice (and we could see it from our room) I've been wanting to stay at the DLH since the renovation.

Checking in tomorrow for a week! :banana:
Couple of questions.........

1. Do all ground floor rooms have the little patio with the chairs and table? And if we booked a GV would one of those rooms qualify?

2. Do you know if they do movies on the beach there? How about a campfire?

Thanks!!!

Have a great time! I can't imagine life without a beach nearby. :sad1::faint:

Checking in tomorrow for a week! :banana:
Couple of questions.........

1. Do all ground floor rooms have the little patio with the chairs and table? And if we booked a GV would one of those rooms qualify?

2. Do you know if they do movies on the beach there? How about a campfire?

Thanks!!!

Yes, all 1st floor rooms have a patio with chairs & a table, including GV.

Yes there are movies and campfires on the beach. The schedule is usually posted by the volcano pool.

Have a great stay!

I know it's supposed to be no more snake talk...but I thought of you all yesterday. Took the kids and friends to Wildwater Kingdom, a water park about an hour away. They were in a section with small slides, cannons, etc and where the big bucket dumps water every few minutes. All of a sudden the lifeguards were clearing the area. At first I figured it was a "bathroom" emergency clearout. Then I saw the snake!!! Quite long (3 feet or so) and dark black and swimming all over the pool. And FAST!!! We got out of there and watched a guy come and grab it. He was lucky at that point the snake had worked his way onto a little (toddler) water slide. YUK!!!!!!!!!!!

I know it's supposed to be no more snake talk...but I thought of you all yesterday. Took the kids and friends to Wildwater Kingdom, a water park about an hour away. They were in a section with small slides, cannons, etc and where the big bucket dumps water every few minutes. All of a sudden the lifeguards were clearing the area. At first I figured it was a "bathroom" emergency clearout. Then I saw the snake!!! Quite long (3 feet or so) and dark black and swimming all over the pool. And FAST!!! We got out of there and watched a guy come and grab it. He was lucky at that point the snake had worked his way onto a little (toddler) water slide. YUK!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHH! Yuck....:eek:.

Hope all you Poly Dads have a great day! Wish we were at WDW celebrating!
Happy Father's Day to all!!!:woohoo:

Heather

We love using gardengrocer. We usually get milk, yogurt, cereal, pop tarts, chips, cookies, crackers, microwave Kraft mac-n-cheese, plastic utensils/bowls/plates, paper towels, sunscreen, beer, wine, water, and even had them get nice sand pails and shovels for the girls. They are wonderful about getting things that are not on their website. great customer service:thumbsup2

I am thinking of getting soda,water,milk, snacks and maybe some fruit, are the fridges big enough to hold a half gallon of milk?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter