• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ALOHA! The Poly FAQ: Winter 2011 Edition

No, I didn't get any pics of it. I don't know that I would want to have it though because of the location - it's just seems so far removed from the pool. We had Mauna Loa and really enjoyed it. I could even see the castle from my lounge chair.:goodvibes

I heard some things from other people as well. because its so close to the boat dock it has traffic and privacy issues as well. we rented it for the 7p-12am to watch the fireworks and relax. I am definatly going to get my fill of the cabana that day. we rented the regular one all day and then the premium for the night on the third.

No, I didn't get any pics of it. I don't know that I would want to have it though because of the location - it's just seems so far removed from the pool. We had Mauna Loa and really enjoyed it. I could even see the castle from my lounge chair.:goodvibes

I heard that one of the two "regular" cabanas had a better view. It sounds like Mauna Loa is the right one to request? We have a cabana rented for a full day on July 15 - did you get to pick which one you wanted?

Thanks!

I heard that one of the two "regular" cabanas had a better view. It sounds like Mauna Loa is the right one to request? We have a cabana rented for a full day on July 15 - did you get to pick which one you wanted?

Thanks!
At the time I booked, they were still having issues booking it over the phone with the WDW-play #. After trying for almost 2 months and calling several times, I was finally transferred directly to the Poly and booked it while talking with the director of activities (or something like that). He gave me the choice, and told me which one had the better view (so that is what I went with, of course!).:)

We checked out Sunday after a wonderful 8 night stay at the Poly and we are all still so sad!! We are deep in Disney Depression, LOL! Our original plan for next year was to stay at the Yacht Club, but after this stay we have decided that it's the Poly for us again! Transportation just can't be beat and the entire feel of the resort is just perfect!! We were in a garden view room on the ground floor of Figi and we really liked our location. Our view was of the beach in between the Poly and the GF as well as the GF itself and the monorail! It was very peaceful and quiet over there and we could only just barely hear the Luau a couple of nights, but never enough to bother us or keep us awake.

Sadly it will be 360 days until we are back there again!:sad1:

So glad you had a good time!:) It's funny how Poly gets you addicted, isn't it? We tried it three years ago because it was the only monorail resort we had not yet tried. We didn't really know what to think at first - we had always LOVED CR and stayed there so many times, we never thought we would fall so in love with another resort. After being there for one day, I knew I loved it. Thankfully, dd8 loves it just as much, and dh and dsil like it too. They are kind of, whatever, it's all good to me wherever we stay, but dd8 and myself are passionate about it. You are right when you say that it is just the feel of the resort that really captures you. :goodvibes

Best wishes to all those traveling to the Poly or already there
were staying club level our upcoming stay and wondering if anyone has had experience w/ ordering to go or room service from kona or kona island sushi? wondering if we could get it to eat at beach, pool, or in room, also lapu lapus to go:laughing:
Also is the Ohana bfast worth doing
Lastly has anyone doen late checkout and whats the latest they do, thought i read 1pm
thanks!!

last question :rotfl: is CL IPO anymore successful than myself searching online ressies at getting an ADR for Ohana? We need to add a few people to an existing ressie but nothing showing available online, didnt know if its worth asking them.

Had my private cabana today! We had Moala Loa :-)confused3) and we were the only ones there. HOWEVER... it is Moala Kea :-)confused3) that has the better view... you can see the castle better if that is what you want. It was a great day! BEAUTIFUL! I thoroughly enjoyed the cabana and if I had it to do over again I would've got it for all day. It was so relaxing.

As far as the premium cabana... there were people in it but here is what I saw that was different:

Two loveseat cushioned couches
A Larger flat screen
a full size table and chairs outside the cabana
roped off area of the beach with hammocks

**It looks like it is really for a larger party**

I am not sure I would care to have the premium cabana... you cant see the castle from there but you can see Space Mountain. It is a pretty view but I think I like the regular cabanas better. When I return home I will post lots of pics for you! :thumbsup2

Flight leaves in a little over 8 hours. DH has alarm set for 4AM and I'm "too excited to sleeeeeeeep!"
:banana::banana::banana::banana:
Don't think I'll be posting until I get back, but hope to have some great pics to share. I'll have a Lapu Lapu or 2 & think of all my Poly peeps!

last question :rotfl: is CL IPO anymore successful than myself searching online ressies at getting an ADR for Ohana? We need to add a few people to an existing ressie but nothing showing available online, didnt know if its worth asking them.

No the IPO's will not have any exclusive access to reservations. But I can tell you from experience.. Show up for your ADR with the extra people.. You will get in, unless you show up with 4 or more extras.

Had my private cabana today! We had Moala Loa :-)confused3) and we were the only ones there. HOWEVER... it is Moala Kea :-)confused3) that has the better view... you can see the castle better if that is what you want. It was a great day! BEAUTIFUL! I thoroughly enjoyed the cabana and if I had it to do over again I would've got it for all day. It was so relaxing.

As far as the premium cabana... there were people in it but here is what I saw that was different:

Two loveseat cushioned couches
A Larger flat screen
a full size table and chairs outside the cabana
roped off area of the beach with hammocks

**It looks like it is really for a larger party**

I am not sure I would care to have the premium cabana... you cant see the castle from there but you can see Space Mountain. It is a pretty view but I think I like the regular cabanas better. When I return home I will post lots of pics for you! :thumbsup2

Thank you for the update! :worship:
Terrible can't see the castle! I am kind of confused though, if you can see space mountain. Why can't you see the castle? Is it the island?
I am still looking forward to the premium cabana we will be able to stretch out and the fact that it is removed from the hustle of the pool is a good thing for us.(maybe a little privacy) to us a good view of the pool means the pool has a good view of us.:rotfl2:I guess to each his own.
Tikiman just got back from the new Disney Aulani hotel in Hawaii he gave an update of the new hotel and he gave a little more info on the cabanas.

Aloha!! Just checking in to torture myself and say holy cow, do I miss the Poly. Seems so much has changed since my Aug. '10 visit, I'm dying to get back. You know you have a special kind of sickness when you wish you were headed to Florida instead of Paris this summer! :rotfl: I'll get over it, but am already planning my '12 trip back home. In the meantime, have fun for me!!! :goodvibes

were staying club level our upcoming stay and wondering if anyone has had experience w/ ordering to go or room service from kona or kona island sushi? wondering if we could get it to eat at beach, pool, or in room, also lapu lapus to go:laughing:
Lastly has anyone doen late checkout and whats the latest they do, thought i read 1pm
thanks!!

Late check out is until 1 PM and ask early in your stay. The head of housekeeping will only allow so many late check outs. Our friends asked before we did and since our reservations were "attached" we weren't allowed a late check out. Luckily, we were able to use our friends room.

We actually caught a launch last May ... we hadn't even been watching for one as previously when we did, they were always pushed back and we missed them. Truthfully we didn't even think of checking for this trip. We flew down, and that same night we turned on the TV at the resort and the news was talking about the shuttle launch the next day. DH and I looked at each other and said, screw the parks, we're going ... and we did ... it was amazing!!!

IMG_3987.jpg

... oh ...
3 more sleeps!!

Great photo!! We attended a night launch in 2001 I believe it was, it was awesome!!

Thank you for the update! :worship:
Terrible can't see the castle! I am kind of confused though, if you can see space mountain. Why can't you see the castle? Is it the island?
I am still looking forward to the premium cabana we will be able to stretch out and the fact that it is removed from the hustle of the pool is a good thing for us.(maybe a little privacy) to us a good view of the pool means the pool has a good view of us.:rotfl2:I guess to each his own.
Tikiman just got back from the new Disney Aulani hotel in Hawaii he gave an update of the new hotel and he gave a little more info on the cabanas.

Yes. It is most definitely the island in the way of the castle. You are right about the view of the pool but the downfall is... the prem cabana is right next to the walkway to the ferry so those people pass you on their way. :sad2: No matter... it is still great!

On a different note! Had a REALLY cool experience at Hollywood Studios today! Not only did we get to ride Star Tours AGAIN (got a different ride) BUT..... :wizard: We got to meet Joe Perry from Aerosmith! He was there doing some publicity thing and was in front of Rock n' roller coaster taking pics with Goofy and just happened to be getting off the ride as he was walking up! We got our pic with him and then he wanted a group shot with all of the fans so we got in that too! WOO HOO! :yay: Great day! :banana:

thanks!!

I never ordered room service so I can't help you there. But I will say that the Ohana Breakfast is very good and definitely worth doing with or without kids. It is family style with all you can eat mickey waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, etc.

Also if you are staying in CL then on check out day, you can use the lounge until ME comes. So you don't have to sit outside all day.

Enjoy.

Flight leaves in a little over 8 hours. DH has alarm set for 4AM and I'm "too excited to sleeeeeeeep!"
:banana::banana::banana::banana:
Don't think I'll be posting until I get back, but hope to have some great pics to share. I'll have a Lapu Lapu or 2 & think of all my Poly peeps!

Enjoy and can you please have a lapu lapu for me since I am pregnant and can't have one now....
Cant wait to see pictures.

Sorry if this has already been asked. I tried to find it over the last 133 pages but couldn't find it so your help will be appreciated. I am staying at the Poly in December and have seen pictures that show some rooms with 2 sinks and some with only 1. So my question is do all rooms have double sinks now or some do and some don't? Thank you for your help!

Sorry if this has already been asked. I tried to find it over the last 133 pages but couldn't find it so your help will be appreciated. I am staying at the Poly in December and have seen pictures that show some rooms with 2 sinks and some with only 1. So my question is do all rooms have double sinks now or some do and some don't? Thank you for your help!

Certain longhouses have 2 sinks. I think they are the Tahiti and Rapa Nui. I believe all the others only have one sink.

We leave tomorrow morning! FYI I got a call today from the Poly. The Volcano pool is going to be closed for resurfacing 5-23/24 and possible 25th. We had to move our cabana reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter