• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ALOHA! The Poly FAQ: Winter 2011 Edition

Today's the day!:banana: I check into the Polynesian in about 5 hours. Ican't wait and will try and post photos and updates from my phone. Thanks to everyone hear for keeping up my excitment before our trip. I'll check out pool construction, let you in to our cabana, share my lapulapu and collect DVC building rumors. Time to go wake up the sleeping kids!

Have a great trip!!!! :woohoo: Hope you enjoy and especially relax in that Cabana!!! Just know that I am very jealous!!!

Happy that I finished my pre trip shopping yesterday. I have a busy couple of weeks coming up with a trip to my parents (with a hair appt included :cloud9:), Easter and a birthday bash for my DD. Then one week to clean up loose ends and pack... Hoping the next 19 days fly by!

Morning my Poly peeps! Checking on my ticker.. DH was laughing at me yesterday, we took DD to the mall to buy a dress for a school dance and ended up buying her a dress from Hollister for Ohanas instead! Then I wanted to head to bath and body works to get DD and I some shower gel, body spray and lotion for the trip! LOL I did agree it was a but soon but.. I will be shopping very soon for it! LOL I say its never too early!

I just booked our three family for July and had planned on GV CL, however, my CM told me we had a PIN attached to my name for FD.

Question: Would GV CL be total over kill with the DDP?

The last time we did the DDP it seemed like we were always eating... I think it should be one or the other... what say you?

CL with the regular DP is too much food for us, and we like to eat:lmao: It did seem like the whole trip revolved around food and I ended up gaining weight even with all the walking!:confused3 We chose the DP this year, can't wait!!!:dance3:

We had CL and regular DDP last Sept and if you time it right we thought it was perfect! We ate breakfast at the CL, CS lunch at parks, came back around 2 and swam and had a light snack and then at 4 we would shower and then head to lounge for appys around 5( making sure to keep it light, tried one of each hot appy, some hummus and cheese, and veggies) and then headed to the park and had our dinners around 7 or 8 and it worked out ok. I did gain a bit of weight but lost it when I got home, b/c we dont normally eat like that but hey..its vacation..LOL

Today's the day!:banana: I check into the Polynesian in about 5 hours. Ican't wait and will try and post photos and updates from my phone. Thanks to everyone hear for keeping up my excitment before our trip. I'll check out pool construction, let you in to our cabana, share my lapulapu and collect DVC building rumors. Time to go wake up the sleeping kids!

Have a wonderful time!

How exciting! Have a great trip. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Morning my Poly peeps! Checking on my ticker.. DH was laughing at me yesterday, we took DD to the mall to buy a dress for a school dance and ended up buying her a dress from Hollister for Ohanas instead! Then I wanted to head to bath and body works to get DD and I some shower gel, body spray and lotion for the trip! LOL I did agree it was a but soon but.. I will be shopping very soon for it! LOL I say its never too early!

I just ordered a bunch, too. I stocked up on the Buy 3 Get 3 promo. :laughing:

I am so jealous!!! Hope you have a great trip! :thumbsup2

HA! Its never too early. Girl, we've been PACKED for over two weeks and we don't leave until May 14th, LOL!

2011-04-17_11-45-02_377.jpg
Just checked in, Pixie Dust!!!!! Tokalau, third floor, east side away from construction AND we are at the end of the hall and have a little slice of lagoon view!!! AND it is ready!!!!! Lovin' life right now.
2011-04-17_11-45-26_465.jpg

I stopped at TB's drive thru for a quick lunch today, but mostly to pick up SPORKS for our upcoming trip. After asking for a couple extras, I opened my bag only to find extra Forks!! I should have turned right around to have the mistake corrected, but figured there is still lots of time...

My very practical and non-Diser BFF asked my why we all just don't ASK for a spoon when we order our drink? I replied "What fun is THAT?". But, seriously, though a nice long-handled serrated grapefruit spoon would really work much better, I doubt if the TSA would let me get that through the scanner in my carry-on bag! :rotfl::lmao:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've solved the spork dilemma! :idea: I borrowed 2 serrated grapefruit spoons from a friend!!!! :love: (Sorry, we don't eat grapefruit--too healthy!:rotfl2:) Since DD#2 is checking a bag and we are visiting her in Virginia for Easter, I will take them along so she can pack them in her suitcase! :yay: I'll be able to scrape out TONS of rummy, pineappley goodness from way on the bottom when I finally get my first (of many, I hope) lapu lapus!!!!! :dance3:

Did I smell a Lapu Lapu around here? It's like the bat signal...
:lmao::lmao:
That picture's making me drool. Just call me Pavlov's Mutt.

MsStinkerBelle: I think I'll be needing one of those invisibility cloaks too. :laughing::wizard:

Rcsilverspring: Great minds think alike! I just asked my parents this afternoon if I could have their serrated grapefruit spoons they've had kickin' around for decades since they don't use them. :laughing::goodvibes

I know our trip's a long, long way off but one can never be too prepared for Lapu Lapus.

Ok... I am new to the Lapu Lapu. Since I am going in a month... I may have to try one! What's in it?:confused3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A LOT of rum!! :rotfl2:

Here is a recipe I found online:

Lapu Lapu

Tambu Lounge

1 oz. Meyer's Rum

1/2 oz. Bacardi 151

Scorpion Mix (half and half sour mix and orange juice)

Garnish: Cherry

Served in a pineapple

Source: disneyecho.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DD#1 & her BF had them last time we were at the Poly, one of the perks of going as an adult--"You can drink at DISNEY WORLD!!!"

IMG_1690.jpg

I've never had one, but THIS trip, "Watch Out"!

Please list your dates on the Poly May 2001 thread. Link is in my signature.

After I had mine, I was so invisable that my son and I jumped on the monorail and went to MK! Crazy busy so we just rode the people mover. Then, still being invisable, I took my daughter, who missed the MK experience, to Epcot. We are on line for Test Track right now. BTW we were NOT going to a park tonight. Darn Lapulapu....invisable AND invincible!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter