• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ALOHA! The Poly FAQ: Winter 2011 Edition

How sad is it that my ADR date is less than two weeks away and I cannot get it together to fill out the IPO worksheet and send it to them? :headache:

Maybe because we have had to postpone this trip so many times, maybe I am just lazy. I am not quite sure :confused3

Anyways! Happy Friday Poly Lovers :love:

I think I will try to go work on it now....:rolleyes1

:rotfl: We are in the same boat. We finally sat down as a family tonight to plan out all the meals and tours. I usually plan everything on my own, but this time my dh and dd8 decided to "help" :scared1:
Let's just say it has been an interesting conversation & none of the meals they want to eat are located in the parks that we are visiting that day :sad2:
I am going to "tweak" the plans tonight and get it out to IPO early next week.

We booked a few key places and then we're hoping to get others as walk ups since we're not on a tight schedule. We didn't end up doing an ADR for Kona. Keeping our fingers crossed that we can get in during an "off" time of the morning/afternoon. We did ADR's for the Spirit of Aloha, Chefs de France, 50's Prime, Hoop Dee Do, 'Ohana, Crystal Palace (before park opening :woohoo:) and Le Cellier. We're really big coffee drinkers and are looking forward to getting a Kona coffee and walking the grounds in the mornings - you know, adult time! :hug:

Sounds like you have some great ADR's! We have done them all!! Loved some more than others. It is absolutely fabulous to go with the "whatever will be will be attitude" if you haven't done it, congrats on your first time.. If you have then you know what I mean! You will see Epcot in a whole new light.:thumbsup2

How sad is it that my ADR date is less than two weeks away and I cannot get it together to fill out the IPO worksheet and send it to them? :headache:

Maybe because we have had to postpone this trip so many times, maybe I am just lazy. I am not quite sure :confused3

Anyways! Happy Friday Poly Lovers :love:

I think I will try to go work on it now....:rolleyes1

I had the same problem. Before DD was born I felt like I would be jinxing something if I did it. After she was born I just couldn't get it together and fill it out. I finally sent it over 2 days before our date and luckily scored everything we wanted. You'll get it done in your own time.

I just booked our three family for July and had planned on GV CL, however, my CM told me we had a PIN attached to my name for FD.

Question: Would GV CL be total over kill with the DDP?

The last time we did the DDP it seemed like we were always eating... I think it should be one or the other... what say you?

I just booked our three family for July and had planned on GV CL, however, my CM told me we had a PIN attached to my name for FD.

The last time we did the DDP it seemed like we were always eating... I think it should be one or the other... what say you?

The dining plan is a touchy subject around here:scared1: we have tried all three plans and have found that the deluxe dining is an overkill both price and food wise. We found that every time we eat at a table service it eats at least 2 hours of park time. We stay CL and get the quick service dining then pay OOP for a table service meal. For us it is the best bang for the buck.

We never really relied on the food in club level lounge. Maybe get a bowl of cereal and a banana in the morning or a cookie and a soda in the afternoon. Some do it but I can't see coming back to the resort to have a plate of CL offerings for dinner then head back to the park. I would not rely on the food in CL lounge.. We stay CL because of the IPO, the staff is awesome, and the building is secure.:thumbsup2

We did the DDP and CL last year and I did not think it was overkill. We ate breakfast and snacks at CL and had one TS and one CS meal per day but we have small kids so it suits us. We had a lot of snack credits leftover that we had to use the last day.

Good morning!

I have a question for those of you who have stayed in the Hawaii bldg. on the Garden View side facing the not-so quiet pool. On the Poly map, there is a DSA (Designated Smoking Area) near the pool in front of the Hawaii bldg. Does the smoke waft from that DSA area near the pool to the Hawaii GV rooms? Could you notice the smoking smells while on your balcony/patio? Can you even see the DSA area?

We will be heading for our first stay at the Poly in May! We have visited the poly many times over the years just to look around but really haven't gotten past the GCH. So here is my question, what is your favorite longhouse (not CL) and why?

We will be heading for our first stay at the Poly in May! We have visited the poly many times over the years just to look around but really haven't gotten past the GCH. So here is my question, what is your favorite longhouse (not CL) and why?

Ah, a longhouse preference! You'll find varied answers. The good thing is, there really is not a bad longhouse and rarely a bad view here. But to be safe, I always request Tokelau and here are my reasons:

- Central location in the resort with a short walk to the GCH and a five minute or so walk to the TTC. It's also right next to the kids club, bus stop, and east pool.
- All rooms have either a patio or balcony (some longhouses do not have balconies on the 2nd floor)
- Absolutely no room here has a parking lot or 'dumpster' view
- I like the layout of the bathroom in this longhouse. The bathroom has one sink so lots of counter space. The one sink has always been enough for my family of 4 but there are folks that prefer the two sink layout in other longhouses (I just don't want to give up my counter space!)

A great resource for longhouse information is Tikiman's unofficial Poly website.

Good luck!

Hi Poly Peeps!

I'll be living vicariously through you for while as this year DH has insisted on trying the BC in September since it was 30% off instead of only 25% at the Poly.

I'm trying to stay positive, but all I can think about is missing everything I LOVE about the Poly. Wishes/Hallowishes on the beach, the torch lighting ceremony, Captain Cooks, the Volcano Pool, tiki torches lighting up the night, the monorail with 4 young kids (including our newbie who will be 8 months then), and on, and on, and on....

My fam loves the Poly as much as I do, but after 3 visits, they are ready to try something new. I, however, am NOT!

I need some pixie dust for a 40% off rate to come out for September so that maybe I can make DH see the light! If not, there is always 2012, I guess:goodvibes

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. I know everybody here understands!

Seconding everything Tinkerbellie said on the previous page about Tokelau; she and I might not agree on coffee but Poly's a different matter entirely. :rotfl:

I was in your position last year, wondering which longhouse to request. After perusing Tikiman's site -- and the Poly FAQ of course -- I went with Tokelau. We were more than pleased with the location. Had a nice view out to the quiet pool. The thing we loved most about Tokelau's location was the walk to the TTC. We wound up never using the resort monorail because the stroll to the TTC was so pleasant.

You'll get excellent reviews of each longhouse on Tikiman's site -- with the potential pros and cons of each. Invaluable resource outside of this thread. :goodvibes

Have fun. I'm sure you'll be pleased with whatever you wind up choosing.

WDWKOOK: Hmmm. Good question. I'm curious to know the answer to that as well.

Good morning!

I have a question for those of you who have stayed in the Hawaii bldg. on the Garden View side facing the not-so quiet pool. On the Poly map, there is a DSA (Designated Smoking Area) near the pool in front of the Hawaii bldg. Does the smoke waft from that DSA area near the pool to the Hawaii GV rooms? Could you notice the smoking smells while on your balcony/patio? Can you even see the DSA area?

The DSA is right next to the pool pump room building. It is far enough away that you do not notice it there. You do not smell smoke and it is not a popular smoking area so you won't see a bunch of citizens promoting their freedom of the country that we love.:thumbsup2

We've stayed GV in the Hawaii building twice, 3rd floor near the lounge and bottom floor complete opposite end of the lounge and neither time had issues with seeing anyone smoking there or with the smell drifting into our room. My dh is highly sensitive and he never even noticed that area is a smoking area (ie like Carl mentioned, it's rarely used).

Walking into the GCH through the back doors though :rolleyes:, we usually took the route to the left of Niue (closer to the quiet pool vs volcano) and entered through the side doors just to avoid it.

Just a couple of quick questions and thank you for the Tikiman link, I had lost track of his wonderful site. Is the volcano pool crowded the majority of the time (we are going October 28th), the reason I ask is that my DS is autistic and this may be a bit too much for him, as it was always quiet at the GF pool. And want to confirm that Poly has turndown service request as this was DD's absolutely favorite thing at GF and I wanted to be able to do that for her (and I'm a great tipper for housekeepers, I work at a hotel and know how hard they work). We are nearly at our ADR mark so I'm busy making up the preliminary eating extraganza!

The DSA is right next to the pool pump room building. It is far enough away that you do not notice it there. You do not smell smoke and it is not a popular smoking area so you won't see a bunch of citizens promoting their freedom of the country that we love.:thumbsup2
Thank you very much for answering my question, carlnix30.

We've stayed GV in the Hawaii building twice, 3rd floor near the lounge and bottom floor complete opposite end of the lounge and neither time had issues with seeing anyone smoking there or with the smell drifting into our room. My dh is highly sensitive and he never even noticed that area is a smoking area (ie like Carl mentioned, it's rarely used).

Walking into the GCH through the back doors though :rolleyes:, we usually took the route to the left of Niue (closer to the quiet pool vs volcano) and entered through the side doors just to avoid it.
That is good to hear, dizneechic. Thank you!

Awww. :hug: I know how you feel -- like you don't want to jinx anything, eh?

You could always fill it out then come back and share! ADR show-and-tell? :goodvibes

I was the same way with mine this time. It sat waiting so patiently, and I finally sent it to them two days before our date, I think. :laughing: I'm usually dying for any shred of WDW planning, but I just couldn't focus on it.

:rotfl: We are in the same boat. We finally sat down as a family tonight to plan out all the meals and tours. I usually plan everything on my own, but this time my dh and dd8 decided to "help" :scared1:
Let's just say it has been an interesting conversation & none of the meals they want to eat are located in the parks that we are visiting that day :sad2:
I am going to "tweak" the plans tonight and get it out to IPO early next week.

I had the same problem. Before DD was born I felt like I would be jinxing something if I did it. After she was born I just couldn't get it together and fill it out. I finally sent it over 2 days before our date and luckily scored everything we wanted. You'll get it done in your own time.

I am so glad I am not the only slacker around here ;)

Hubby and I were running around all day shopping. Of course with all the spring/summer stuff coming out I was thinking to myself..that would be cute for Disney.

So, while we were out and about I checked my e-mail from my cell phone and there was a e-mail from the Poly IPO reminding me that my ADR date was approaching :woohoo: So, off I go to look at my crowd calenders and notes that I have and by tomorrow afternoon I will be all set :thumbsup2....I hope :rolleyes1

Today's the day!:banana: I check into the Polynesian in about 5 hours. Ican't wait and will try and post photos and updates from my phone. Thanks to everyone hear for keeping up my excitment before our trip. I'll check out pool construction, let you in to our cabana, share my lapulapu and collect DVC building rumors. Time to go wake up the sleeping kids!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter