ALOHA! The Poly FAQ: Winter 2011 Edition

Thanks for the great pictures mom2mek

You should consider writing a Trip Report - all us Poly addicts need more TRs to help with the cravings and such! :goodvibes

Ok... here's another question. I just bought my annual pass so I will have to activate it when I arrive. Will the Concierge be able to do that for me or will I have to go to guest services? Will it go on my KTTW card? The CL ones are gold aren't they? :confused3

Princssdisnygina: Great question. I'd like to know as well. I'm buying our park tickets beforehand and will need them put on my KTTW; last year when we just stayed in a GV room, this was done at the front desk. Now that we're staying CL, I'd also like to know if they can add your park tickets there in the CL check in or would we need to get that done in the GCH?

APs have to be a separate ticket since your time at the CL will expire long before your pass will. :scared1: If it was keyed to your room card, you wouldn't be able to use it beyond your length of stay. Now, if you could get an AP for CL, that would be sweet! :banana:

Ah, I should've been more clear. I was wondering if they could add my normal, non-AP park ticket to my KTTW there in the CL -- as opposed to having to walk back to have it done at the concierge in the GCH. I'd assume they would be able to do it there in CL... but ya know what they say about that. :laughing:

I make ADR's in the morning for our 10 day Poly trip this October. This will be our first trip to Poly and our first adult only trip in 7 years - yay:lovestruc! How necessary are ressies at Kona for breakfast/lunch/dinner?

I make ADR's in the morning for our 10 day Poly trip this October. This will be our first trip to Poly and our first adult only trip in 7 years - yay:lovestruc! How necessary are ressies at Kona for breakfast/lunch/dinner?

For lunch ... probably not so necessary.

For breakfast ... if not during a peak time than should be no problem provided you don't mind waiting a little bit ... 20 minutes maybe.

For dinner .... highly recommended ... but we have gotten in numerous time without an ADR ... but usually had to wait about 20 or 30 minutes.

For lunch ... probably not so necessary.

For breakfast ... if not during a peak time than should be no problem provided you don't mind waiting a little bit ... 20 minutes maybe.

For dinner .... highly recommended ... but we have gotten in numerous time without an ADR ... but usually had to wait about 20 or 30 minutes.

Excellent - Thank you!!! I'm sure at 3am I'll have many more questions :surfweb:

It looks like you are going Sept-Oct time frame! Great time of the year to go by the way! My wife and I have done several adult only trips in Sept and I can tell you, make your reservations.. But don't sweat it if you don't get the ones you want. Going as two adults only, we have been able to get into most restaurants as a walk in (they used us as a fill in). Character dining might be a little harder. some parks in September are eerily empty (the crowd levels are low on some days). Don't stress be happy:thumbsup2

:scared1: Ok. Thanks!

Just FYI, what we did was pull up to the valet, unload all our luggage with bell services (who then loaded it onto the golf cart for transport around to Hawaii) and then had them valet park our car. The next day we were going to AK and driving anyway, so we got our car from valet and then self-parked when we returned. (You could even do it later on that arrival day so that you only get charged one $12 fee). Since it was the next day, I think we had two valet days charged so they gave us a free valet parking ticket for any other resort during our trip which we used at AKL for our dinner at Boma that night. HTH.

Sara

Ah, I should've been more clear. I was wondering if they could add my normal, non-AP park ticket to my KTTW there in the CL -- as opposed to having to walk back to have it done at the concierge in the GCH. I'd assume they would be able to do it there in CL... but ya know what they say about that. :laughing:

CL should be able to add a two day ticket to your room card without a problem. We used to do it all the time with our pre-purchased tickets when our kids were little--only one "key" for them to handle.

Happy Friday, Poly Folks. :drinking1 :thumbsup2

CL should be able to add a two day ticket to your room card without a problem. We used to do it all the time with our pre-purchased tickets when our kids were little--only one "key" for them to handle.

Thanks Tess. :goodvibes

It looks like you are going Sept-Oct time frame! Great time of the year to go by the way! My wife and I have done several adult only trips in Sept and I can tell you, make your reservations.. But don't sweat it if you don't get the ones you want. Going as two adults only, we have been able to get into most restaurants as a walk in (they used us as a fill in). Character dining might be a little harder. some parks in September are eerily empty (the crowd levels are low on some days). Don't stress be happy:thumbsup2

We booked a few key places and then we're hoping to get others as walk ups since we're not on a tight schedule. We didn't end up doing an ADR for Kona. Keeping our fingers crossed that we can get in during an "off" time of the morning/afternoon. We did ADR's for the Spirit of Aloha, Chefs de France, 50's Prime, Hoop Dee Do, 'Ohana, Crystal Palace (before park opening :woohoo:) and Le Cellier. We're really big coffee drinkers and are looking forward to getting a Kona coffee and walking the grounds in the mornings - you know, adult time! :hug:

How sad is it that my ADR date is less than two weeks away and I cannot get it together to fill out the IPO worksheet and send it to them? :headache:

Maybe because we have had to postpone this trip so many times, maybe I am just lazy. I am not quite sure :confused3

Anyways! Happy Friday Poly Lovers :love:

I think I will try to go work on it now....:rolleyes1

How sad is it that my ADR date is less than two weeks away and I cannot get it together to fill out the IPO worksheet and send it to them? :headache:

Maybe because we have had to postpone this trip so many times, maybe I am just lazy. I am not quite sure :confused3

Anyways! Happy Friday Poly Lovers :love:

I think I will try to go work on it now....:rolleyes1

Awww. :hug: I know how you feel -- like you don't want to jinx anything, eh?

You could always fill it out then come back and share! ADR show-and-tell? :goodvibes

I was the same way with mine this time. It sat waiting so patiently, and I finally sent it to them two days before our date, I think. :laughing: I'm usually dying for any shred of WDW planning, but I just couldn't focus on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter