ALOHA! The Poly FAQ: Winter 2011 Edition

A few more cell phone pictures of the Poly from last week.​

Here are a few beach shots!

Here are my feet and my girls getting started on their sand castle for the sand castle building competition. There were at least 10 teams working on castles. It was a lot of fun!

Poly_beach_3.jpg

Our finished castle:
Poly_sandcastle.jpg

The girls wanted to do Rapunzel's tower. :thumbsup2 They did have some help from Daddy! ;) About 1/2 the teams were families and the other 1/2 just kids. They ended up awarding two prizes - one to a team without adults, and one to a team with adults. We won one of them!! :banana: The prize was a free 1/2 hour sea racer rental!! :cool1:

My 8 year old daughter getting her hair wrapped at the volcano pool. We cancelled her pirates league appointment earlier in the week due to rain so I let her do this instead. Just FYI, it was $2 per inch of hair plus the cost of beads - she picked out 4 regular beads at 50 cents each and one colorful larger bead for $4 and she did her entire length of the strand so the total was $34. Yikes! :eek: But the lady doing it was super nice and my daughter thought it was pretty great! You can just get it from behind the ear, verses the entire strand from the root which would be a lot cheaper. They also have clip-on ones that I think were $15. She also got a ankle bracelet made for free with the extra thread.

Poly_Hair_Wrap.jpg

Many, many afternoons were spent at the pool - kids swimming and me with a pina colava! Heavenly! :cloud9:
Poly_Pina_Colava.jpg

Dinner at 'Ohana would not be complete without one. I was sadly without spork. :sad2:
Poly_lapu_Lapu.jpg

A couple of random beach shots at dusk:
Poly_beach.jpg

Poly_beach_2.jpg

Tree:
Poly_tree.jpg

A few from my parents' room, room 3510, TPV in Hawaii! Gorgeous!
Poly_Vew_Mom.jpg

Poly_Vew_Mom_2.jpg

Poly_Vew_Mom_3.jpg
Sara​

momtomek, wonderful photo's! These pictures have brightened made my blahhhh day! Thank you for sharing them! Hope to stay here in 2 years.

Lovely photos momto2mek! We have had the pleasure of staying in 3528 (June 2010) and 3507 (May 2009)--enjoyed both rooms--3510 looks like as lovely a view as I remember 3507 being! :)

What do they serve in the evening in CL? I have seen old menus... does anyone have an updated one or is it random? TIA!:thumbsup2

We hit the lounge on most nights we were there and the menu posted is still fairly accurate. There were some nights that I didn't see what was posted here, but I'm sure they try out new things and/or leave something off the menu due to supply list, availability, season, etc...

Here is what I remember - I apologize that I should have taken better notes.

Sunday - we were running out the door to Boma, but really wanted to see what was in the lounge. They had the delicious potstickers and the chicken wrapped in bacon along with the regular veggies, pineapple and caramel, kids offerings, hummus, and other "regulars".

Monday - perhaps my favorite. They had sushi and the amazing Kona salad as their standouts and then the regular stuff. The pineapple was especially good on this night if I remember correctly.

Tuesday - they had the pork skewers and some kind of fried vegetable - it was very good. The pork skewers were very tasty.

Wednesday - we sadly did not get to the lounge during night time offering. We were going to the luau this night!!

Thursday - I'm having a tough time remembering this night. I know we ate something from the lounge before ordering pizza for the kids and sushi for us from the sushi bar, but I"m drawing a blank. The menu posted here says spring rolls and crab rangoon, and I'm pretty positive we did not have any of that. I know we had a green bean and almond salad one night (chilled) and it was tasty and fresh - perhaps that was this night. I will check our pics out and see if I can provide any more info.

Friday - we had dinner at 'Ohana so we did not hit the lounge until much later that night for desserts.

Saturday - they had delicious BBQ that was plated with little pieces of pineapple and you could put it on the yummy coconut bread pieces they had out. They also had Asian slaw out with the BBQ. The spring rolls were also out and they were delicious!!

Never saw any soups out on any of the days we were in the lounge, so I don't know if they were served on the days that we weren't in the lounge or if that is more seasonal. Hope that helps a little.

Sara

OMG Carlnix.. Those pics make me sooo homesick! Sept is tooo far away!
I miss the POLY!!! :sad2:
Carlnix30, thanks so much for answering my request! Just got your post. Enjoying another wonderful rainy, dismal day here in our beloved City of Brotherly Love. Pics of the Poly are getting me thru! I have an appt at work in a few so when I am finished I will attempt to follow your directions on creating the banner. Its the little things that keep me going. Thanks again!:cheer2:

Your very welcome! Looking forward to seeing your new fancy new banner!:thumbsup2

Thanks so much for posting the pics momtomek! I can't believe that we will be exactly where you were(don't know the exact room yet of course) in Hawaii CL in about 3 weeks!

We hit the lounge on most nights we were there and the menu posted is still fairly accurate. There were some nights that I didn't see what was posted here, but I'm sure they try out new things and/or leave something off the menu due to supply list, availability, season, etc...

Here is what I remember - I apologize that I should have taken better notes.

Sunday - we were running out the door to Boma, but really wanted to see what was in the lounge. They had the delicious potstickers and the chicken wrapped in bacon along with the regular veggies, pineapple and caramel, kids offerings, hummus, and other "regulars".

Monday - perhaps my favorite. They had sushi and the amazing Kona salad as their standouts and then the regular stuff. The pineapple was especially good on this night if I remember correctly.

Tuesday - they had the pork skewers and some kind of fried vegetable - it was very good. The pork skewers were very tasty.

Wednesday - we sadly did not get to the lounge during night time offering. We were going to the luau this night!!

Thursday - I'm having a tough time remembering this night. I know we ate something from the lounge before ordering pizza for the kids and sushi for us from the sushi bar, but I"m drawing a blank. The menu posted here says spring rolls and crab rangoon, and I'm pretty positive we did not have any of that. I know we had a green bean and almond salad one night (chilled) and it was tasty and fresh - perhaps that was this night. I will check our pics out and see if I can provide any more info.

Friday - we had dinner at 'Ohana so we did not hit the lounge until much later that night for desserts.

Saturday - they had delicious BBQ that was plated with little pieces of pineapple and you could put it on the yummy coconut bread pieces they had out. They also had Asian slaw out with the BBQ. The spring rolls were also out and they were delicious!!

Never saw any soups out on any of the days we were in the lounge, so I don't know if they were served on the days that we weren't in the lounge or if that is more seasonal. Hope that helps a little.

Sara

Thanks for the info! We have dinner reservations every night but still may snack! :thumbsup2 Still trying to get into Ohana. They are booked the whole time we are there. I thought the concierge could help us since we are CL but to no avail. :confused3 Oh well... maybe we can just walk up or ask the concierge when we get there! :goodvibes

Wanted to come out of 'lurkerdom' to thank everyone for all the info on this thread. We've been to WDW several times but have bitten the bullet and are staying at the Poly for the 1st time in only 33 days. With a little Pixie Dust from the CM at reservations, we booked a TP view for the rate of a GV room, and I am so excited to bring my three DD's (8, 6, and 2) into the room to see the castle! I have always wanted to stay--DH was there when he was young, and I've always longed to be one of those special people that got off the monorail when we pulled up to the Poly!

I only requested a room that wasn't on the 1st floor, DD2 is an escape artist and a patio door with a castle on the horizon will keep me up at night keeping an eye on her! Should I have asked for a particular building, you think? My only choices are Tahiti and Tuvalu, correct?

Again, thanks to all for all the info. As always, these boards have always made our Disney days the best ever!!

DisFanEY!

Wanted to come out of 'lurkerdom' to thank everyone for all the info on this thread. We've been to WDW several times but have bitten the bullet and are staying at the Poly for the 1st time in only 33 days. With a little Pixie Dust from the CM at reservations, we booked a TP view for the rate of a GV room, and I am so excited to bring my three DD's (8, 6, and 2) into the room to see the castle! I have always wanted to stay--DH was there when he was young, and I've always longed to be one of those special people that got off the monorail when we pulled up to the Poly!

I only requested a room that wasn't on the 1st floor, DD2 is an escape artist and a patio door with a castle on the horizon will keep me up at night keeping an eye on her! Should I have asked for a particular building, you think? My only choices are Tahiti and Tuvalu, correct?

Again, thanks to all for all the info. As always, these boards have always made our Disney days the best ever!!

DisFanEY!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Welcome! :welcome:
Please join the Poly May 2011 thread that I started. The link is below in my signature. I'm positive you will love the Polynesian as much as the rest of us already do!
What are your exact days? Sounds like we may overlap some. We'll be there May 19-25. Getting so excited I can hardly stand myself!! :banana::banana:

Oh my gosh. Those photos just made me miss Disney so much I could cry. We just came home on March 6th!! It hasn't even been 6 weeks and it feels like months and months. It just goes so fast:sad2:

Thank you for sharing them!:)

Ok... here's another question. I just bought my annual pass so I will have to activate it when I arrive. Will the Concierge be able to do that for me or will I have to go to guest services? Will it go on my KTTW card? The CL ones are gold aren't they? :confused3

Ok... here's another question. I just bought my annual pass so I will have to activate it when I arrive. Will the Concierge be able to do that for me or will I have to go to guest services? Will it go on my KTTW card? The CL ones are gold aren't they? :confused3

I believe you still need to go to guest services, but could be wrong. It won't be added to your KTTW. AP is a separate ticket, unfortunately.

Princssdisnygina: Great question. I'd like to know as well. I'm buying our park tickets beforehand and will need them put on my KTTW; last year when we just stayed in a GV room, this was done at the front desk. Now that we're staying CL, I'd also like to know if they can add your park tickets there in the CL check in or would we need to get that done in the GCH?

Well under the new LILO computer system at the all the WDW Resorts guests are able to purchase Annual Passes there, so I assume that means getting them activated if they pre-purchased them. So let's say they are able to it will go on a Gold KTTW card because those are what all Club Level guests get, however if it were me I would want my Annual Pass on a different card so I don't get them mixed up. When I stay Club Level at the Boardwalk Inn this August I need to renew my Annual Pass and if it can be done in their Club Level lounge I will ask for it on a seperate KTTW card.

Well under the new LILO computer system at the all the WDW Resorts guests are able to purchase Annual Passes there, so I assume that means getting them activated if they pre-purchased them. So let's say they are able to it will go on a Gold KTTW card because those are what all Club Level guests get, however if it were me I would want my Annual Pass on a different card so I don't get them mixed up. When I stay Club Level at the Boardwalk Inn this August I need to renew my Annual Pass and if it can be done in their Club Level lounge I will ask for it on a seperate KTTW card.

It will probably have to be on a separate card because we actually have 2 day tickets with our package. Not my call but I don't care. :rolleyes: So I am guessing the 2 days will go on my KTTW card and my annual pass on a different card.

On a lighter note.. We are in the same boat. I live in Philly as well. Center city area. Welcome to disboards!
If you haven't already gotten the information on how to create your banner, hope this helps.
Click on any banner on any post you see. This will take you to the create your own banner page. Follow the directions. Once you have created the most awesomeness banner ever, you will be provided with a URL. It will Look like this (URL)blablabla.blabla.com(/URL) right click that URL and copy it. Now go back to dis.
On the top left corner of your screen in the just below the ad you will see "user cp" click on that. You will be taken to another screen. This is you key to changing all your personal data. In the left column of your screen look for edit your signature and click it. In the middle of your screen you will see a box " looks sort if like when you post on dis. Right click in the box and paste the URL that you copied from the banner creation earlier. Scroll down and click the " preview " button. If you did it right your new banner will be right there in front of you. Then scroll down and click "save". Your all done. Once you get comfortable you will be able to get creative and post little birdies and smilie faces!

If you need more clarification you can send me a private message. I will create a banner for you and pm it to you.:thumbsup2

Think I did the banner the right way. Thanks so much for taking the time to explain!

How much is valet parking?:confused3 we are staying CL so I just thought I'd have them park it for me so we can go straight to check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter