ALOHA! The Poly FAQ: Winter 2011 Edition

How much are the cabana's to rent? Do they rent by the hour or the day? I think my fiance would really enjoy that! Thanks!

Hi, I noticed you were still on line. Can you help me. I am usually on this thread so I thought maybe you could assist me with something. I want to do a slider ticker on my post. I got as far as selecting what I want but now I am lost. It says to cut and paste. Really do not understand how to do the rest. Can you walk me thru it. I truly appreciate the help.

We Converted!...well at least we plan on it!! DH and I just decided to take the POLY PLUNGE!! We LOVE POFQ, but have decided to upgrade to the POLY for a 3 night stay post- Dream cruise next summer!! :lovestruc
cant tell how excited i am, and I am so thankful for all of your invaluable information and lovely pictures you have shared. I think I have decided on Tokelau as a request for our longhouse. I cant wait to plan this very special trip for my family!
Looking foward to all things POLY!:cloud9:
annabug

You'll love it and be cursing the fact that it's only a 3-night stay. ;) Have fun Poly planning!!

OK... I just switched to the Poly Garden View CL! :banana: My first time staying CL and I am SUPER excited! :goodvibes So... will someone be waiting on us when we arrive? Will I get the golf cart ride to my room? Is there alcohol in the CL lounge? Give me the goods because this is all new! I appreciate any information! OH... and does anyone have pics of the lounge?
TIA! :dance3:

OK... I just switched to the Poly Garden View CL! :banana: My first time staying CL and I am SUPER excited! :goodvibes So... will someone be waiting on us when we arrive? Will I get the golf cart ride to my room? Is there alcohol in the CL lounge? Give me the goods because this is all new! I appreciate any information! OH... and does anyone have pics of the lounge?

Check out the first few posts of this very thread. Wonderful pics of the lounge and lots of info. :thumbsup2

Also, check out the first page of the Concierge thread for more CL goodness. :goodvibes

Hi, I noticed you were still on line. Can you help me. I am usually on this thread so I thought maybe you could assist me with something. I want to do a slider ticker on my post. I got as far as selecting what I want but now I am lost. It says to cut and paste. Really do not understand how to do the rest. Can you walk me thru it. I truly appreciate the help.
On a lighter note.. We are in the same boat. I live in Philly as well. Center city area. Welcome to disboards!
If you haven't already gotten the information on how to create your banner, hope this helps.
Click on any banner on any post you see. This will take you to the create your own banner page. Follow the directions. Once you have created the most awesomeness banner ever, you will be provided with a URL. It will Look like this (URL)blablabla.blabla.com(/URL) right click that URL and copy it. Now go back to dis.
On the top left corner of your screen in the just below the ad you will see "user cp" click on that. You will be taken to another screen. This is you key to changing all your personal data. In the left column of your screen look for edit your signature and click it. In the middle of your screen you will see a box " looks sort if like when you post on dis. Right click in the box and paste the URL that you copied from the banner creation earlier. Scroll down and click the " preview " button. If you did it right your new banner will be right there in front of you. Then scroll down and click "save". Your all done. Once you get comfortable you will be able to get creative and post little birdies and smilie faces!

If you need more clarification you can send me a private message. I will create a banner for you and pm it to you.:thumbsup2

No, no one will be waiting for you. But when you arrive at the poly you go to the bellhop desk in front of the poly. This is what it looks like!
disney09404.jpg

As far as the golf cart ride..sometimes they give you the ride and sometimes they don't. Every time we have gone we have gotten the golf cart treatment but I ha e heard of others that have not.

As far as Alcohol- beer can be requested throughout the day, just ask for it. Some alcohol, wine and the famous poly punch is available in the evening.

Some lounge pics are available on page one here. But I have a couple I can post for you.
This was done by chef dick as a decoration for the CL I do t known if the new chef is doing this or not.
disney09358.jpg

This is a tiki dude at the bottom of the stairs of CL concierge desk
disney09401.jpg

This is a pic of the lounge. If you look close you can see the castle through the window.. The view is heavenly!
disney09400.jpg

Hope this helps.. And hopefully it doesn't make the wait seem longer!!

No, no one will be waiting for you. But when you arrive at the poly you go to the bellhop desk in front of the poly. This is what it looks like!
disney09404.jpg

As far as the golf cart ride..sometimes they give you the ride and sometimes they don't. Every time we have gone we have gotten the golf cart treatment but I ha e heard of others that have not.

As far as Alcohol- beer can be requested throughout the day, just ask for it. Some alcohol, wine and the famous poly punch is available in the evening.

Some lounge pics are available on page one here. But I have a couple I can post for you.
This was done by chef dick as a decoration for the CL I do t known if the new chef is doing this or not.
disney09358.jpg

This is a tiki dude at the bottom of the stairs of CL concierge desk
disney09401.jpg

This is a pic of the lounge. If you look close you can see the castle through the window.. The view is heavenly!
disney09400.jpg

Hope this helps.. And hopefully it doesn't make the wait seem longer!!

You rock! Thanks! I think I can live with the 30 day countdown! Maybe you can answer me... Is it still the $1500 charging availability? Or is it different for CL? Thanks!

You rock! Thanks! I think I can live with the 30 day countdown! Maybe you can answer me... Is it still the $1500 charging availability? Or is it different for CL? Thanks!

It is $1500 you can get around it by just paying the balance at the desk then keep charging.. Or you can ask them to charge your credit card on file to reset your limit. Only platinum packages get the unlimited charging privilege But who could afford that?

Charging limit at deluxe resorts remains at $1,500. Keep an eye on your expenses and when you approach the limit, ask the CL CM to charge to your card and you start over with a fresh $1,500. ;)

We are staying at the Poly this May for 5 nights and I'm considering trying to switch to CL but had a few questions first.
What time do they serve breakfast? We always go to the parks at Rope Drop so we would want to be able to grab a coffee and some bagels or fruit before heading out to the parks.
Do they have high chairs in the lounge? We will have an 8 month old with us, and I plan on heading back to the resort a few times a day with him to give him a break from the heat. This is one of the biggest reasons I'm considering CL. I thought it might be nice if I could grab a snack and feed him in the nice quiet lounge before putting him down for a nap.
Thanks!

The Polynesian club level lounge does have highchairs.

They open for breakfast around 7 or 7:30 ... I don't remember exactly which but someone will chime in I'm sure.

We loved the lounge when our children were younger ... it was great for exactly what you said ... and it is rather quiet that early in the morning.

They have coffee out about 6 then by 7am they have all the food and other beverages out as well.

We also love to take breaks from the parks and head to the CL for a drink and light snack that we take out to the pool, then we shower have appetizers at 5pm in the CL and head back to the parks and have dinner later that night..

You can ask a CM for juice boxes, chocolate and white milk for the kids any time they are open..6am -10pm

Also they have yogurt back there, I eat it every morning so i always asked for it..

OMG Carlnix.. Those pics make me sooo homesick! Sept is tooo far away!

Gina you can ask the CL CM to give you a print out of what youve charged to check up on it here and there, which I always do, sometimes there is a descrepency and this way I can make sure my accounting is right!

The Polynesian club level lounge does have highchairs.

They open for breakfast around 7 or 7:30 ... I don't remember exactly which but someone will chime in I'm sure.

We loved the lounge when our children were younger ... it was great for exactly what you said ... and it is rather quiet that early in the morning.

Thank you!!! Now to just cross my fingers for something in CL to open up in the next three weeks!

They have coffee out about 6 then by 7am they have all the food and other beverages out as well.

We also love to take breaks from the parks and head to the CL for a drink and light snack that we take out to the pool, then we shower have appetizers at 5pm in the CL and head back to the parks and have dinner later that night..

You can ask a CM for juice boxes, chocolate and white milk for the kids any time they are open..6am -10pm

Also they have yogurt back there, I eat it every morning so i always asked for it..

Thank you!!! I didn't realize they had milk and juice boxes for the kids. I'm kind of kicking myself for not booking CL from the get go. I just didn't think about it!

We hit the lounge on a couple of mornings last week prior to 7 (MK had 8 AM openings) and they had the cereal and coffee out when we got there around 6:45. Right at 7 they started with the rest of the goods! :thumbsup2

Yes, there were high chairs in the lounge!

The punch is divine. They had wine and beer, but I only had the punch! :laughing: I did put kahlua in my caffe mocha many nights for sipping on the balcony! Hubby also brought a bottle of grey goose that we had in our room - he added his to the cranberry juice from the lounge and I added mine to the lemonade. Yummy!! :love:

Oh yeah - I was the one who asked on this thread about pizza delivery in the room a few weeks before we left. Here is what we found out. They do have pizza from the Poly. There was a menu insert next to the in-room dining menu and it worked great. I believe the menu said it was available from 4 until midnight, but I could be mistaken. I know it wasn't all day.

The kids got a cheese pizza and we got sushi from the Kona Sushi Bar (the CM on the phone taking the pizza order offered to bring us the sushi along with the pizza, but we opted to go watch them make it and order a couple of pina colavas from the bar as well).

So, they delivered the pizza to my Mom's room (TPV - so we were watching a movie and then the fireworks from their balcony that night) and it was about $20 for the large cheese pizza and the kids really enjoyed it! We charged it to our room but I did notice that it was 2 TS credits off your dining plan if you were using that (so not a good value on the DP, IMO).

I really enjoyed my California Luau Roll (yummy with the pineapple) and my pina colava as well. Then we hit the lounge for dessert and watched the fireworks from my parents' balcony! Ahhh....:cloud9:

Sara

On a lighter note.. We are in the same boat. I live in Philly as well. Center city area. Welcome to disboards!
If you haven't already gotten the information on how to create your banner, hope this helps.
Click on any banner on any post you see. This will take you to the create your own banner page. Follow the directions. Once you have created the most awesomeness banner ever, you will be provided with a URL. It will Look like this (URL)blablabla.blabla.com(/URL) right click that URL and copy it. Now go back to dis.
On the top left corner of your screen in the just below the ad you will see "user cp" click on that. You will be taken to another screen. This is you key to changing all your personal data. In the left column of your screen look for edit your signature and click it. In the middle of your screen you will see a box " looks sort if like when you post on dis. Right click in the box and paste the URL that you copied from the banner creation earlier. Scroll down and click the " preview " button. If you did it right your new banner will be right there in front of you. Then scroll down and click "save". Your all done. Once you get comfortable you will be able to get creative and post little birdies and smilie faces!

If you need more clarification you can send me a private message. I will create a banner for you and pm it to you.:thumbsup2

Carlnix30, thanks so much for answering my request! Just got your post. Enjoying another wonderful rainy, dismal day here in our beloved City of Brotherly Love. Pics of the Poly are getting me thru! I have an appt at work in a few so when I am finished I will attempt to follow your directions on creating the banner. Its the little things that keep me going. Thanks again!:cheer2:

Here are some pics from last week. I apologize for the not-so-great quality as these are all "my" pictures, from my cell phone, not my husband's, taken with his Nikon D80. :sad2:

His will be coming shortly - as soon as I can get them off his computer and upload them. They will be much better, I assure you! :thumbsup2

As we arrived, we were told we would be taking the golf cart over to Hawaii!! :banana: We are a family of 5 so DH sat up front with DS on his lap and I sat in the back with the two girls. The driver brought us around by the marina first and then around to the Volcano pool area before we got to Hawaii. He was very imformative and pleasant.

Hula girl on the golf cart dash!
Poly_Golf_Cart.jpg

DH and DS getting ready to go!
Poly_Golf_Cart_Michael_Shawn.jpg

Self portrait of me with each girl - not very good at doing those yet, but you can sense the excitement, right? :laughing:
Poly_Golf_Cart_Katie.jpg

Poly_Golf_Cart_Emily.jpg

On our way!
Poly_Golf_Cart_Michael.jpg

We stopped briefly at the marina where he told us about the boat rentals and surrey bike rentals.
Poly_Golf_Cart_Katie_2.jpg

We stopped at the volcano pool area - this pic was a little bit after lunch time - maybe 12:30 or so on Saturday, 4/2/11:
Poly_Golf_Cart_Pool.jpg

I noticed the cabana area right away and took a couple of quick pics from the golf cart. There are two like this up by the volcano pool - near the slide area.

Poly_Golf_Cart_Ride_Cabanna_2.jpg

Poly_Golf_Cart_Ride_Cabanna.jpg

Arriving to Hawaii and brought up to our garden view room on the 3rd floor, overlooking the quiet pool under refurb. It was fine though - still beautiful!

This is room 3528 - looking to the right.
Poly_Arrival_3.jpg

Looking straight out:
Poly_Arrival_4.jpg

To the left:
Poly_depart_2.jpg

A few of the lounge:
Poly_lounge.jpg

Poly_lounge_2.jpg

(Really we have better pictures....just wanted to post what I already have uploaded:lmao:)

A few towel animals during our stay! We had a great mousekeeper (um, hello, could you please follow me home...:worship:). Over the week we had mickey, "love" swans, elephants, stitch, monkey, alligator, and according to my kids, the 3 on the bed in the last picture are cobras - I think they are a family of swans, LOL)

Poly_Towel_animal_4.jpg

Poly_Towel_animal_2.jpg

Poly_Towel_animal.jpg

Poly_Towel_animal_3.jpg

I will post some of the best hotel view on property (in my opinion) - room 3510, aka my parents' room - they arrived mid-week so from that point on we spent a lot of time on their balcony! I also have a few beach pics to share. :goodvibes

Sara​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter