ALOHA! The Poly FAQ: Winter 2011 Edition

Hi ... I have been reading all the horrible reviews on tripadvisor lately and I have to say WOW! is it really that bad?? I will be staying there in May...:)
Please tell me other wise...

I read those same reviews over the weekend. Take them with a grain of salt. Two of those negatives from the last month are related. One person posted an issue about their "friend", and then the "friend" posted as well. From the sounds of it, those people were expecting a level of service that, had they done their research before hand, they would have known wasn't there. One person compained that there was no mini bar and complimentary wine upon arrival in a room they paid $600 a night for. They weren't staying club level. Had they done any research, they would have known those things don't exist when you are staying standard, and none of the rooms come with a stocked mini bar. It isn't the Ritz on 5th Ave in NYC, it's a Disney hotel with the best location in the World. People expect the massive price tag to come with extra perks, when in essence you are paying for ambiance, a great view, and a steller location.

I stopped at TB's drive thru for a quick lunch today, but mostly to pick up SPORKS for our upcoming trip. After asking for a couple extras, I opened my bag only to find extra Forks!! I should have turned right around to have the mistake corrected, but figured there is still lots of time...

My very practical and non-Diser BFF asked my why we all just don't ASK for a spoon when we order our drink? I replied "What fun is THAT?". But, seriously, though a nice long-handled serrated grapefruit spoon would really work much better, I doubt if the TSA would let me get that through the scanner in my carry-on bag! :rotfl::lmao:

But, seriously, though a nice long-handled serrated grapefruit spoon would really work much better, I doubt if the TSA would let me get that through the scanner in my carry-on bag! :rotfl::lmao:

Oooooh, nice! I'd forgot all about those. All I have is the bent grapefruit knife, none of those handy spoons. Those would be excellent for Lapu scraping. :thumbsup2:rotfl: I should ask my parents to bring theirs down so I can borrow them for the second half of our trip. :laughing:

Hello! My God is it Sept yet?? LOL

Ugh! And what about October?! Especially when I'm looking out the window and there's still ice on the lake. :rolleyes2
Lots of Poly dream' on going on here! And wondering if I could convince the bartender to fill one of those pineapples with yummy pina colava. I'll even bring my own spork!

2 more days till we hit the road!! 3 more days to the Poly!! :cool1::cool1:

Off to pack some sporks! :rotfl2:

Sara

I'm joining the "Wish Away the Summer; C'mon September!" crowd. ;)

It's been made even worse by the weather having been nice a couple of weeks ago and back to being cold again. Though, I won't complain too heartily about that considering it's not snow. :scared1:

I need a little help from my friends... Oh, I'll get by with a little help from my friends... ooh, I'm gonna try, with a little help from my friends...

Having a POLY ADR crisis:

I will be there with my mom, MIL, and DD (staying club level) Friday, all day, Staurday, all day, and Sunday half day (May 6-8)

I only have ADR for Friday night (Beirgarten), and Sunday (Mother's Day brunch at the Wave).

Do any of you with club level experience have any suggestions for what I should do for Saturday? We're on regular dining (2 tables, 2 CS, 2 snacks... for the whole trip) I can book another one and pay OOP with help from the TIW card...???

I need a little help from my friends... Oh, I'll get by with a little help from my friends... ooh, I'm gonna try, with a little help from my friends...

I will be there with my mom, MIL, and DD (staying club level) Friday, all day, Staurday, all day, and Sunday half day (May 6-8)

I only have ADR for Friday night (Beirgarten), and Sunday (Mother's Day brunch at the Wave).

Do any of you with club level experience have any suggestions for what I should do for Saturday? We're on regular dining (2 tables, 2 CS, 2 snacks... for the whole trip) I can book another one and pay OOP with help from the TIW card...???

What are your park plans for Saturday? Will it be a rope drop day or more relaxed and casual? Are you planning a specific park for certain days?

If it were me and I was having a relaxing day I would plan OOP TiW for Sat and maybe check out Kona for breakfast or have apps in the CL lounge and head over to Kona for a light dinner or more apps and dessert/drinks. We're a family that snacks though (why TiW is fab for us, discounted apps and drinks! :cool1: ). If it's a full on park day and you are ok with a later dinner maybe see if the IPO's can score you an Ohana dinner ressie with enough time to be out in time for wishes on the beach or in the lounge. :lovestruc Never hurts to ask and see if they can arrange something!

Yes you sure can! :thumbsup2 I would suggest Kona right at the Poly!!! :cloud9: The food and the service are wonderful! :) Ohana is another option. Such good food. :love: The bread pudding makes you want to never eat another dessert but that for the rest of your life. It's that good. :thumbsup2 (IMO)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter