ALOHA! The Poly FAQ~ Spring 2010 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
i cant wait only 1 month untill were at the polynesian and riding the monorail to the magic kingdom i cant wait! going to have to buy snacks soon for the ride down and then start packing to me that is when the vacation has started :banana:

I know I've posted something like this before, but I can't find it now. I'm compiling a list of yummy tropical beverages to enjoy poolside.
There's a Pina Colava, Lapu Lapu, and what else? Anyone have pics of these yummy drinks? I'll be there in exactly 2 weeks and the plan is to enjoy at least one adult beverage per day. ;) I don't partake much any other time, but I like to relax a bit on vacation. Also, can they do virgin Lapu lapu and Pina Colava? I just know my kids will want to try, too.

I love the Polynesian's drinks but one Pina Colava really fills me up! I like their X-fusion lemonade which I believe they now call a Poolside lemonade. It is x-fusion liquor (passion fruit & orange flavor), vodka, and light lemonade. I like that this is a lower calorie option (especially with the light lemonade which is only 5 calories by itself) to round out the decadent drinks that have a cream base (like the Pina Colava).

I do suggest you take a look at their current bar menu (at the bar or poolside) and try some of their current drinks. They are popular for a reason! But there are definite favorites from Poly fans out there!

I think my question got lost in the thread so I'm posting it again:

I've stayed in Tokelau twice and enjoyed it. Our toilet, tub/shower, and sink were in one room. Do any of the other longhouses have a different layout for the bathrooms such as one vs. two sinks, or sinks outside the toilet/shower area? I looked on tikiman's site but I didn't see any info on this particular subject. Thanks for any info you can give!

I love the Polynesian's drinks but one Pina Colava really fills me up! I like their X-fusion lemonade which I believe they now call a Poolside lemonade. It is x-fusion liquor (passion fruit & orange flavor), vodka, and light lemonade. I like that this is a lower calorie option (especially with the light lemonade which is only 5 calories by itself) to round out the decadent drinks that have a cream base (like the Pina Colava).

I do suggest you take a look at their current bar menu (at the bar or poolside) and try some of their current drinks. They are popular for a reason! But there are definite favorites from Poly fans out there!

Good to know they use the 'light' lemonade ... those drinks are what really do the most damage to the waistline during vacation .... :rotfl:

Also ... some of the longhouses have two sinks ... but I believe they are both in the bathroom. I don't think there are any rooms with the sinks outside of the bathroom area.

I think my question got lost in the thread so I'm posting it again:

I've stayed in Tokelau twice and enjoyed it. Our toilet, tub/shower, and sink were in one room. Do any of the other longhouses have a different layout for the bathrooms such as one vs. two sinks, or sinks outside the toilet/shower area? I looked on tikiman's site but I didn't see any info on this particular subject. Thanks for any info you can give!

Tahiti and Rapa Nui have 2 sinks (except HC rooms), but none outside the bathroom. :( Years and years ago Tokelau (then named Maui) had a few rooms with sinks outside the bathroom, we had one three times and thought all rooms were like that, but found out many years later that those were "test" rooms. Tikiman did say that these bathrooms no longer exist since the last refurbishment.

On Tikiman's site he will usually mentioend the bathroom layout on each longhouse description. :thumbsup2

I know I've posted something like this before, but I can't find it now. I'm compiling a list of yummy tropical beverages to enjoy poolside.
There's a Pina Colava, Lapu Lapu, and what else? Anyone have pics of these yummy drinks? I'll be there in exactly 2 weeks and the plan is to enjoy at least one adult beverage per day. ;) I don't partake much any other time, but I like to relax a bit on vacation. Also, can they do virgin Lapu lapu and Pina Colava? I just know my kids will want to try, too.

Tropical Macaw is soooo good! It has a coconut rum on the bottom, melon liquor next, pineapple juice and then cranberry juice. You can see the colors layered. It is light and fuity sweet. I had one every day of my trip and I am not a drinker. $8.50:thumbsup2

Does anyone know if the Pina Colava has any type of food dye in it? I always see people rave about that drink on here but I believe it's white and red in color, which leads me to believe it might just have some type of coloring in it (unless they use berries to get the color). I only ask because I'm allergic to food dyes, but I'd love to be able to get something fruity to drink while I lounge out by the pool.

We are too excited about going to our home away from home in August!!! It cant come soon enough! So excited to find this thread! :lovestruc

My favorite Poly drinks are the Backscratcher (two kinds of rum, fruit juices and Jack Daniels), and the Patron Platinum Margarita (if Clinta or Francisco are there to make it).

Heads up we heard the quiet pool will be closed in a couple of weeks from now. The quiet pool is having a major overhaul that will make it a shallow pool and possibly a hot tub. The info came from rec staff. Gotta go!

Heads up we heard the quiet pool will be closed in a couple of weeks from now. The quiet pool is having a mjor oerhaul that wil make it a shallow pool and possily a hot tub. The info came from rec staff. Gottta go

Hope you are having a great time, Tess! Thanks for the news.

Did they give dates for the quiet pool rehab? We
will be at the Polynesian from July 18-26. We aren't big swimmers but I have requested Tahiti and wouldn't really want to hear a lot o construction noise. Thanks.

Does anyone know if the Pina Colava has any type of food dye in it? I always see people rave about that drink on here but I believe it's white and red in color, which leads me to believe it might just have some type of coloring in it (unless they use berries to get the color). I only ask because I'm allergic to food dyes, but I'd love to be able to get something fruity to drink while I lounge out by the pool.

I would just ask to be sure but I pretty sure that its just a mixture of two frozen drinks, their more popular drinks are premade in frozen drink machines so they just open the valve for the Pina Colada and then put strawberry daquiri mix in with it.

I would just ask to be sure but I pretty sure that its just a mixture of two frozen drinks, their more popular drinks are premade in frozen drink machines so they just open the valve for the Pina Colada and then put strawberry daquiri mix in with it.

I thought it was raspberry puree......because the Pina Colava can be ordered as a non-alcoholic drink, too. And it's SO good either way.....:cloud9:

Ohhh poop! I hope it's open while were there end of August. I would think they would start the rehab though once the summer crowds start to wean out which most likely means while were down there. :sad1: I would love to know exact dates if anyone can get more info and also how long do they think it will take. Thanks!

I thought it was raspberry puree......because the Pina Colava can be ordered as a non-alcoholic drink, too. And it's SO good either way.....:cloud9:

Ahh sorry I must be confusing this with something else they mix up, it just dawned on me as I was typing I think I'm thinking of the Lava Flow.

i cant wait only 1 month untill were at the polynesian and riding the monorail to the magic kingdom i cant wait! going to have to buy snacks soon for the ride down and then start packing to me that is when the vacation has started :banana:

Me too:banana::banana::banana:

I am so excited about our trip. I think we will be down around the same time. :woohoo:

Heads up we heard the quiet pool will be closed in a couple of weeks from now. The quiet pool is having a major overhaul that wil make it a shallow pool and possibly a hot tub. The info came from rec staff. Gotta go

:woohoo: You're there!! Hope you had an uneventful flight and have a wonderful room/view etc.

Have an absolutely fabulous time!! :goodvibes

Me too:banana::banana::banana:

I am so excited about our trip. I think we will be down around the same time. :woohoo:

Originally Posted by 916chipndale

You are sooo lucky!!! :woohoo: Brave to go in the heat!!! ::yes::

I can smell the lobby as I type.:love:

Heads up we heard the quiet pool will be closed in a couple of weeks from now. The quiet pool is having a mjor oerhaul that wil make it a shallow pool and possily a hot tub. The info came from rec staff. Gottta go

Thanks for the info, hope you have a wonderful trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter