Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the bus the only option if you want to get to MK for an early breakfast reservation (be there by 7:30am) or do you think they'd run boats earlier in the morning? I wish it was possible to walk there. Lol. I dread those buses.

Honestly, I have no idea. I assume the ferry will still be operating, possibly even earlier due to the monorail being closed early morning.

I too dislike the buses. I feel like precious vacation time is being wasted by waiting :) I always rent a car because we go to all the parks, including water parks and DTD, and have lots of dining ressies all over the place. A car just makes it a lot easier for us. Though its never happened when we've been there, I guess panic mode would be eliminated too if the monorail track was struck by lightening again!

Honestly, I have no idea. I assume the ferry will still be operating, possibly even earlier due to the monorail being closed early morning.

I too dislike the buses. I feel like precious vacation time is being wasted by waiting :) I always rent a car because we go to all the parks, including water parks and DTD, and have lots of dining ressies all over the place. A car just makes it a lot easier for us. Though its never happened when we've been there, I guess panic mode would be eliminated too if the monorail track was struck by lightening again!

Our second family trip is in August and we're driving. We do have 2 early ADRs at MK, but other than that, RD would be the earliest arrival times. Not interested in DTD and not doing water parks this time. Where exactly would you recommend us driving while at WDW?

Our second family trip is in August and we're driving. We do have 2 early ADRs at MK, but other than that, RD would be the earliest arrival times. Not interested in DTD and not doing water parks this time. Where exactly would you recommend us driving while at WDW?

Im far from being the expert here, just voicing my own experiences.

Other than MK and Epcot, I drive everywhere. Though bus transportation is efficient, clean and comfortable, I prefer the car to go anywhere other than MK and Epcot. We drive to AK, HS and the waterparks. Also drive to other resorts and DTD for dining. Sometimes waiting for the bus can take 15+ minutes in each direction and sometimes have stops and change of buses.

So they will have busses to Epcot? I thought they didn't usually which is why I was asking :)

Im pretty sure they will. As in the artivles Ive read, when the monorail is down, the resorts will provide bus and alternative transportation.

We're using Touring Plan's service to request Samoa, 3rd floor, west side. (We have the standard view.) I looked at the views from all the buildings for our view, and this seemed the prettiest. I just hope we don't overlook construction.

We're using Touring Plan's service to request Samoa, 3rd floor, west side. (We have the standard view.) I looked at the views from all the buildings for our view, and this seemed the prettiest. I just hope we don't overlook construction.

I'm using TP's resort request fax too. Aside from my choice of building, floor and room, I've noted that my priority is to see and hear as minimal construction as possible. :rolleyes:

This is a very helpful thread-thanks to all who have contributed! Does anyone have pics or reviews of Lilo's Playhouse (formerly Neverland Club, Disney Club)? It looks like the kids club at WL has family craft time from 2:30-4:30 every day (based on a pic I saw of the sign at the entrance to the club). Wondering if Lilo's Playhouse has that too?

I always rent a car too. I wish we could drive directly to the entrance of the MK. This pre park opening ADR has me stressed out. Lol. It must be nice to be able to walk from the Contemporary.

This is a very helpful thread-thanks to all who have contributed! Does anyone have pics or reviews of Lilo's Playhouse (formerly Neverland Club, Disney Club)? It looks like the kids club at WL has family craft time from 2:30-4:30 every day (based on a pic I saw of the sign at the entrance to the club). Wondering if Lilo's Playhouse has that too?

I am heading to Poly tomorrow so I can check this out for you while we are there. :-)

I always rent a car too. I wish we could drive directly to the entrance of the MK. This pre park opening ADR has me stressed out. Lol. It must be nice to be able to walk from the Contemporary.

For sure the ferry from TTC to the MK will be operating early. The thing I am unsure about is the hours that the ferry from the Poly to the MK will be operating. I would guess because the monorail wont be operating early, the ferry from the Poly will be more frequent, or start early..or both. But if not, you can either walk to the TTC or drive. You wont miss your ADR!!

Thanks for those who responded to my thread about the pool situation...and the good thoughts for my MIL as well. I definitely understand both sides of the situation for sure regarding the pool and crowds. Don't even get me started about people who put down towels when the pool first opens and then you NEVER see them there anytime soon!

Of course, if I really wanted to be technical about seating, we are a family of five who could really be taking up five chairs at a pool at any given time. We due tend to be more courteous, knowing my kids will spend most of their time IN the pool anyway, and will usually only take up 3 lounge chairs. DH and myself will get one and the 3rd for the kids to put their stuff and use for a rest, or they share with us when getting out for rest and/or snacks. I don't think it's the crowd IN the pool that's the issue...but the seating around it and availability. Hey I've been to Las Vegas and I can tell you about crowded pools for sure...Disney never comes CLOSE to that! So really the two chairs I'm not using for my family of five could be for my MIL and FIL, if we really wanted to get down to it.

Honestly we are hoping to spend several days at the waterparks together instead, where we'll just lounge together there for the most part. I don't really think the pool situation will come up at all, at least at the Polynesian. When we are all together at Bay Lake/Contemporary is probably when we'll do more pool time together.

Really can't wait to get started on this vacay and will provide any Poly updates I can when I get the chance!

Thanks for those who responded to my thread about the pool situation...and the good thoughts for my MIL as well. I definitely understand both sides of the situation for sure regarding the pool and crowds. Don't even get me started about people who put down towels when the pool first opens and then you NEVER see them there anytime soon!

Of course, if I really wanted to be technical about seating, we are a family of five who could really be taking up five chairs at a pool at any given time. We due tend to be more courteous, knowing my kids will spend most of their time IN the pool anyway, and will usually only take up 3 lounge chairs. DH and myself will get one and the 3rd for the kids to put their stuff and use for a rest, or they share with us when getting out for rest and/or snacks. I don't think it's the crowd IN the pool that's the issue...but the seating around it and availability. Hey I've been to Las Vegas and I can tell you about crowded pools for sure...Disney never comes CLOSE to that! So really the two chairs I'm not using for my family of five could be for my MIL and FIL, if we really wanted to get down to it.

Honestly we are hoping to spend several days at the waterparks together instead, where we'll just lounge together there for the most part. I don't really think the pool situation will come up at all, at least at the Polynesian. When we are all together at Bay Lake/Contemporary is probably when we'll do more pool time together.

Really can't wait to get started on this vacay and will provide any Poly updates I can when I get the chance!
This is quite a nice post. You have made some really good points and I appreciate how considerate you are. I would have no problem with your in-laws joining you for a swim at the poly. I know some folks would disagree but there are some that would be okay with it, as long as there are seats. I'm sure you would also take this into consideration in making a decision. Have a wonderful trip.

I have a question about a 1st floor patio from Raratonga and/or Niue. Can you walk out of the patio door to refill cups at Captain Cooks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter