Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, overall i don't think i have a problem with the type of swim clothes people have on, even if it's a t-shirt and some shorts- i think it's harder to tell if that t-shirt is someone's designated swim outfit. i just wouldn't really want people in the pool in the same clothes as they wore on the plane or in the parks, and already spent 10+ hours in- that's definitely a cleanliness issue.
Regarding swimming in clothes, I just have to say, some people wear shirts over their suits as sun protection. I have just finished radiation treatment and have to keep covered. I do have to add, just FYI, when I was at Granby Zoo in Canada they asked people with cotton shirts to exit the water. If you had poly on...it was okay....something about clogging the filters with fiber.

Glad ya'll enjoyed the pic of the bears in the pool, but I think they will refrain from the Poly pool while at Disney. They will stick with the Wilderness Lodge. :)

I am very concerned about the lack of shade at the pool though. There is no excuse for that. Wonder if they will implement more shade once the other pool is finished. I do not like having any shade what so ever.

Glad ya'll enjoyed the pic of the bears in the pool, but I think they will refrain from the Poly pool while at Disney. They will stick with the Wilderness Lodge. :)

I am very concerned about the lack of shade at the pool though. There is no excuse for that. Wonder if they will implement more shade once the other pool is finished. I do not like having any shade what so ever.
"Those CRAZY JERSEY bears"!:laughing:;) YES, lets hope for more shade. Some with health conditions certainly need it.::yes::

As I've posted before, I totally agree about the need for some more shade at that pool, health issues and just plain comfort related! Hope the life guards are watching for those bear pool hoppers and kick them out!

First timer going next week. Any issues with the monorail refurb right now?

I found last week that this schedule seemed to be in effect still:
Epcot Beam
  • Sunday: 8am to 11pm
  • Monday: 9am to 11pm
  • Tuesday: 9am to 11pm
  • Wednesday: 9am to 11pm
  • Thursday to Saturday - regular hours (8am until 2 hours after regular hours park closing)
Express Beam
  • Sunday: 8:30am to 11:30pm
  • Monday: 9:30am to 11:30pm
  • Tuesday: 9:30am to 11:30pm
  • Wednesday: 9:30am to 12:00am
  • Thursday: 8:30am to 11:30am, 6pm to 1am
  • Friday: 8:30am to 11:30am, 6pm to 1am
  • Saturday - regular hours (30 minutes prior to Magic Kingdom opening until 1 hour after regular hours park closing)
Resort Beam
  • Sunday: 7am to 12:00am
  • Monday: 8:30am to 12:00am
  • Tuesday: 8:30am to 12:00am
  • Wednesday: 8:30am to 12:00am
  • Thursday to Saturday - regular hours (7am until 1 hour after regular hours park closing at the Magic Kingdom)
(Reposted from this thread)

It was very annoying to have to pay a cab for transportation to an ADR that normally would only be a monorail ride away (Chef Mickey's at 7:30 AM), but in the end, it was worth it.

I hope this is accurate! I sold hubby on the Poly by the "no buses" pitch... we have two pre-park ADRs but they are on Friday and Sat (next week). Glad I can live up to my promise :)
You should be ok on the weekends. But we are talking about the monorail. It's not the most reliable of modes of transportation. We found mid-day it would have stoppages frequently. Not so much closing but sitting on the tracks for 15-30 min while they fix something, move a train off, etc. Once we were waiting at Epcot. A monorail came and then we were told they were closing it down and we had to go down to the bus stop where a bus was waiting to take everyone to the TTC. Which was just frustrating as "why couldn't they tell us while we were all just standing and waiting for the monorail?" and also because there was not a bus to the TTC there waiting. Monorail issues cost us our tour on the Behind the Seeds Tour too. So while the opening times are typically good you can't be always avoid transportation issues with it. It breaks down a lot.

Did they change the bedding too ?

68796_158417804193324_6993604_n.jpg

Yep - the bedding is different. A lot is different.

20150816_151837 (640x360).jpg

Last edited:
Looks like HeyIt'sMe and I were neighbors - we were in Fiji 3316 last week. (Sure hope you couldn't hear my noisy little guy, I gave it my best to keep him quiet but it seemed like a losing battle.) I am fighting a bad case of I-want-to-be-there-right-now-itis. It was our first trip as a family to WDW and to the Polynesian (my last trip to WDW was when I was in high school, which was a couple decades ago!) and it won't be our last to either. Honestly, this was a ridiculously awesome family vacation for us and we watched our children grow up right before our eyes.
Here's some pics. The marina view was absolutely all I had hoped for and made the room special for my six year old. We found her at the railing several times just taking it all in.
We miss the ducks too! They were wandering across the path by Fiji one morning and surprised us.
I may write a longer post later, but right now this is making me miss it too much. Easily the best thing we've done for our family in ages.

Hey neighbor! I don't remember hearing your little guy. Did you keep your stroller outside your room? There was one in the hallway each day but I don't remember what room it was in front of.

I'm so glad to hear you had a magical trip. I have been addicted to the Poly since my first stay there in 1991 for our honeymoon.

We can miss it together. :sad:

Really? We will have a rental car and I was planning to drive to the Winn Dixie before we checked in. Do you know how much the case of water is at the resort? I dont mind a few dollars more, but if its park prices x 24 (like the 6 pack of beer!) then no thanks!

Really? We will have a rental car and I was planning to drive to the Winn Dixie before we checked in. Do you know how much the case of water is at the resort? I dont mind a few dollars more, but if its park prices x 24 (like the 6 pack of beer!) then no thanks!

When my In Laws were down in June it was $6.69 for a case of 12oz bottles.

And here's the new bathroom

View attachment 119611

Thanks for this. The absolute # 1 reason I chose the Poly was because of their bathrooms. I LOVE having a door at the vanity area. I get up earlier than anyone else and dont want the kids to wake up because Im brushing my teeth! Also, I just like peace and quiet while getting ready for the day. If the kids saw me, then would not leave me alone :)

Contemp is the only other resort with a door, but they only had the suites available when I booked, so Poly is was. I had a ressie for GF originally, but then came to DIS and was told no door. That was the deal breaker. I hope the Poly never changes that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter