Aloha Polynesian 2013 Edition: A Birthday, Some Rain and A Whole Lot of Happiness

EnchantedLilly

Earning My Ears
Aloha!!!

Welcome to my very first trip report. We just returned from our yearly trip to the world (of happiness) and I have to say that with the current weather in Ontario, Canada (we seem to be having 4 seasons in 1 day - wind, snow, rain and sun), I am missing Disney World more than ever. It only makes sense to create a trip report, to relive and share the happiness and magical moments we experienced!

The Trip Details:
  • Dates: Thursday, May 2nd to Saturday, May 11th
  • The Crew: Myself, my Mom and my Dad
  • The Resort: Polynesian Resort, Lagoon View
I am obsessed with everything Disney. I love Disney music, Disney movies, Disney clothing, Disney shows, Disney websites and the list goes on and on. I am also a future teacher (going to teacher's college in the fall of 2013). My mom shares in my obsession with Disney, although she is more up to date with Disney news than I am! My dad likes Disney World, well actually, he would like any kind of vacation (but then again, who wouldn't?!).

We have been going to Disney World since 2000, I was 8 then, and on our 15th trip to the world I turned 22. Having been lucky enough to have gone to WDW for 13 years of my life, I call Disney World my second home and each and every time we leave the World to return back to Canada I cry (a lot as you will see). There is something about the magic and the happiness that I feel when I am there that makes me addicted to the place.

So without further ado, let's get started with this trip report. I hope you all enjoy reading this trip report and reliving our journey to the Happiest Place on Earth.

Table of Contents
Introduction (Table of Contents)
The Arrival Day: Part 1

We like to pack last minute, or well maybe that is the wrong way to word it. We don't like to pack last minute but somehow we always end up pushing the packing to the night before the arrival day. Picture it, Wednesday night 8:30pm we are running around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to pack clothing, medication, toiletries, cameras, and other electronics. We have to get up at 4:30am the next morning, and well I guess you could say we always arrive at Disney World tired.

So after the packing was done, we went to sleep...at 12:00am. Flash forward to 4:30am on Thursday May 2nd and we are dragging ourselves out of bed finishing the packing, drinking tea to try and wake ourselves up and waiting for the airport taxi to take us to the ever so lovely Pearson International Airport. The airport taxi came to pick us up at 5:45am, and although our plane did not leave until 10:30am we thought it was necessary to leave for the airport extra early since it was a week day and there is always a lot of traffic going into Toronto around 6:00am-6:30am.

We got to the airport around 6:45am, and by the time we got through security and customs it was 7:00am. Now we have arrived at the airport 2 hours in advance and we barely made the plane, lesson learned you do not want to be running through the airport on 4 hours of sleep. So now we arrive at the airport extra early and sit in the ever so lovely terminal that needs to be redone. Well they are redoing the airport terminal that WestJet flies out of, and this is where the first event of the trip came in to play. Because there is construction, we left from a gate that was not even close to where we are used to flying out of. This gate was down a dark hallway and in an area that had an abandoned food store. Interesting to say the least :rotfl:. Well we were waiting at the gate for our boarding time and a man who works at the airport asked us what airline we were waiting for. We told him WestJet and he told us that we were in the wrong area...WHAT?!?!??!?! The WestJet flight check in agent told us to go to gate A7, which was where we went. So we made a mad dash to one of the flight boards and the flight was scheduled to be leaving from gate A8, not A7. Not a problem because that gate was right next to A7. Slight panic...but after all was said and done we were up in the air by 10:30am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter