Almost Live From Disney 6/8 till 6/14

Tinkfan10

Mouseketeer
So my mother, father, two sisters, baby niece, teen niece and nephew are all there with out me!!!!! They just checked in.....I haven't been since 2002 because of college and they leave me at home. No they really didn't with the honeymoon next year at this time and the wedding with my masters work coming up the money wasn't there so they are my scouts. When I hear reports I will send them your way from my spies. They are staying at POFQ in building 4...when they got there this morning their room was not ready so my sister and her two kids (13 and 10) went to Epcot while my mom and dad had lunch in the food court and walked around the resort. We as a family have always stayed at POR so this is their first time at FQ. My other sister with her 4 year old came in from another city and they met mom/dad around 2 or 3 when the rooms should have been ready. I know they are meeting the others at Epcot for dinner at Le Cellar for dinner and Illuminations. I will keep you all posted. Oh and they said it was VERY HoT.

Just talked to the family....they ate dinner at Le Cellar and my mom raved about it. My parents are very picky about steaks and they both loved it. Mom got the mushroom filet with the risotto, my 13 year old niece got the mussels, they all had the cheddar soup and everyone in the group enjoyed the meal. Dessert was also great from the cheesecake to the moose and smores. They rode the new Nemo ride at the Seas with Nemo and friends and my mom said it was really neat and nice to see the update. Later I will find out information about lunch in Mexico and the Test Track and more from my sister's afternoon report. Stay tuned.

Thanks for the pseudo-trip report!:) I'm the same way when my family is at WDW without me - I beg them for constant updates - I truly feel like it is *almost* as good as being down there!

Can't wait to hear more:goodvibes

Okay I finally have an update. Today the weather was overcast with the typical showers in the afternoon and it was in the mid 90s. The family went to Epcot and ate at the Norway Princess Breakfast which they said was really good. The Princess at the door for the photo was Belle and the others were Mary Poppins (Not a Princess), Mulan, Snow White, and Aurora. After breakfast they went on Test Track which they said was a lot of fun. Crowd level on a scale of 1-10 was given a 4 by my mom, she said they got through the Character Connection in under 30 minutes and really only had a long wait for Spaceship Earth. In Japan my 4 year old niece received the special candy that the lady makes....she got her favorite animal an elephant. My sister dropped her digital camera and had to make a run to walmart later in the evening. My little niece also got a henna tattoo at Morocco and broke out from it, maybe she was allergic, I don't know but it is better now. They said that with my parents, the three kids, and then the two of them (my sisters) everyone wanted to do different things so they ended up running in all directions all day...they won't be going without a plan to the other parks as they are totally exhausted, but having a great time. Dinner was at Kona which got mixed reviews my one sister loved her meal the others said it was just okay. The service was bad, they were there over 2 hours and it was very very loud so they left with the not going back blues. They are having a great time tomorrow it is in the 90s again with high humidity and they are going to Animal Kingdom so stay tuned. I know I am waiting all day with my cell phone :hyper:

Thanks for the report - we're leaving tomorrow so I won't be reading much more.... sounds like they're having fun! And now I'm glad I didn't make ressies at Kona....

I remember the first time my parents went to WDW without me. I was shocked into realizing that I was then an official grown-up, and I was going to have to make my own way back to The World! We enjoyed many WDW trips together when I was a child, and we had more than a few family reunions at WDW when I had my own family. My mom and brother are now gone, and my dad has Alzheimer's. My memories of those trips will endure for the ages. Each time we go to WDW, we make new memories. Thanks for sharing about your family's trip without you. You'll be there soon to write your next chapter.
Lucy's Mom

The family started the day at the Donald Safari breakfast at Tusker House and they loved it!!!. After breakfast they went on the Safari and they saw tons of animals. On the way to the Kali River Raft my dad spotted DeVine and my mom went crazy saying she was so neat. After the River Raft they went to see the first showing of Nemo while waiting for their fast pass time for EE. They all loved the show. My sisters and my dad went on EE and loved it, "It was so Neat!!":yay: After Everest they saw It's Tough to be a Bug and my 4 year old niece got really scared but didn't cry. By this time it was 3:30 and at 95 degrees plus humidity they were done....it was just too hot they said :sick: so they went back to go to the pool and rest. My sisters and the kids had dinner at Planet Hollywood and went walking through Downtown Disney while my parents had a private dining experience at the GF, which was magical:hug:

Tomorrow is Magic Kingdom lets party everyone:cool1:

Thanks for the report, I hope you continue to have a good time.

Thanks for the reports! How do they like POFQ? We are staying there for the first time this Oct.

How were the crowds?

Sorry I didn't post last night they got back late and I only talked to my mom not the sisters. So here is what I have been asking my mom...On a Scale of 1-10 how bad are the crowds. She has gone over 20 times in her lifetime so far and during mostly busy seasons, summer and winter. End of June or July is when I remember going most when I was a child, which is the crazy busy, crazy hot time. She has reported:

Epcot a 4: she said she was surprised it wasn't very busy
Animal Kingdom: didn't give a number just said very congested.
Magic Kingdom: moderate a 6...busy but not crazy, especially if you go early.
Hollywood Studios is tomorrow for Star Wars and I will get as much detail as I can.

Today is a pool day so I will update those interested in the resort. The Magic Kingdom Report will be done this afternoon.

Sorry, yesterday at the MK did them all in so here is the late report.

Crystal Palace: Breakfast before park opened, good strategy and food was amazing with a great variety.

They went to Tomorrow Land and half of Fantasy land before lunch...this was when the park crowd was not busy. The parks got bad at 11:30 and stayed crazy all afternoon with 45-90 minute waits, some were longer depending. Very Very Hot, so much so that my sister's ankles swelled and they have now been eaten by her legs...no more ankles. Love the Buzz Lightyear spin..rode twice in the day.

Tony's Lunch: Salads were great but the main dishes left alot to be desired, nasty sauce. My family has always been Tony's fans but my sister said that she won't be going back anytime soon, it has changed and leaves you less then satisfied.

POTC was indeed still closed for Refurb:furious: they were sad that they missed the new additions of Jack Sparrow.

Left to go Chef Mickey's for dinner with the kids and mom and dad went to Jiko. Mom said Jiko was fabulous a must do on the list. Chef Mickey's on the other hand had great food, even mickey shaped ravioli, great selection, but too loud, too chaotic, no order, rushed, ZOO! so if you plan to go there to escape the craziness from the parks you might want to rethink.

Today they had the must needed pool day. Love Love Love POFQ and the pool. The kids had a blast, lunch in the food quart was great, one word for my mother beingets she was raving about them. :worship: They rented a boat which they found relaxing and fun then got ready for dinner at Narcessos (spelling is wrong) at the GF. Loved it, even the kids did great. Over all they are enjoying everything but are getting the Disney Burnout from planning too much, so be careful all those out there, go with a plan!!!!!:cool2:

Tomorrow is Hollywood studios for star wars weekend so I will make sure I really have them focus on the details for that and the crowd levels. :thumbsup2 I really think that the first week of June is safe for the crowds, but after that the schools across the country are out and that is when the summer rush really starts. :worried:

I hope you are enjoying....let me know what questions I should ask them, what do you all want to know? Hope this is helpful. I try even though I am not there with them...but alas they are the spies for next year and the honeymoon:bride:

Do you know if the pool was refreshingly cool? Some of the pools are so shallow, they heat up in the hot weather. My DH complained about the AKL pool that it was like wading through liquid air!
We're going to POFQ this August and hope the pool will be a nice cool down after a morning in the parks.
Lucy's Mom

To answer all those crowd questions first YES it was a Madhouse!!!!! As they left the park there were actually people camping outside the park for tomorrow morning to get the meet the stars thing. To each their own.:confused3

If you are a Star Wars fan this is a must! My dad said that the parade at noon was the best he has ever seen:cool1: Everywhere there were people with costumes and it was amazing. Plan to get a seat for an hour before the parade if you want to see it...on the left side of the street mom said.

The Star Wars activities were well worth dealing with the crowds, but lines were long and at the popular attractions Fast Passes sold out. :(

Toy Story Mania was AMAZING a must and well worth the line! Every one loved it and had a ton of fun.:banana:

With the crowd level if you want to see Fantasmic do the dining with show::yes:: There are no bad seats in the stadium and to not have to wait in the regular line was worth it.

They ate at Brown Derby and loved it, great food and service. A mistake was trying to eat lunch at Sci-Fi they waited for an hour past their ADR and then by the time food came it was 2:30, with the Fantasmic dining package you eat early so they just picked at their lunch. Don't bother they said...go counter service before parade and enjoy dinner, no wait at all!

The one comment that I got was that they didn't do a lot of the attractions because of the Star Wars character meet and greet lines and parade. The had time for TOT, Little Mermaid, Toy Story, Great Movie Ride and really that was it. So if you are there choose wisly what you want to do. They had a blast but it was hot, so much so that my nephew started to feel sick standing in the sun for one of the star wars things.

Any other questions let me know.

Thanks for the reports! How do they like POFQ? We are staying there for the first time this Oct.

They love it...try for building 5. The pool is great, the food is good, they did a carriage ride and loved it, the grounds are beautiful, rooms clean, they did say though that POR has more activity and a better lounge but you can walk over or take the boat there at any time.

Do you know if the pool was refreshingly cool? Some of the pools are so shallow, they heat up in the hot weather. My DH complained about the AKL pool that it was like wading through liquid air!
We're going to POFQ this August and hope the pool will be a nice cool down after a morning in the parks.
Lucy's Mom

Not to worry they are at the pool today and while it is horribly hot the pool is cool and refreshing...not like bath water at all. They are having a blast in the pool, my 4 year old niece loves the slide and all the fountains. I think you will have a wonderful time....try to get in building 5 or 2 (i think) they are in 5 and it is right next to the pool and main building.:cool1:

After a week of going going going it was a day of nothing but the pool. They ate in the POFQ food court and loved it, said it was a great breakfast...my mom is hooked on the beignets. The morning was spent in the FQ pool then they went to Riverside for lunch and to use that sides pool.

This evening they went to Cirque Du Solie, the 4 year old fell asleep but everyone else enjoyed it.

Now for the bad news: DO NOT EAT AT WOLFGANG PUCK CAFE!!!!! They said it was the worst meal of the trip. The bad thing is that it is not even owned by Wolfgang Puck...he sold it and only has to come 2-4 times a year but really has no say or care about it. The server was terrible, the food well:
My mom got the wrong pizza :(
My sister had alfredo that was curdled :sick:
My dad's steak and potatoes was cold :worried:
The desserts are not made there and were heavy from being frozen
I asked why they didn't complain and they said what would they have done we were one the meal plan so a free meal doesn't do any good and they had to get to Cirque so the time was not there either. It is just sad b/c this was their last night :eek:
Their wish was to report the story here so you all know that it is not a place to go to, that they felt was how they were getting back so to speak.

Tomorrow they leave eating breakfast at food court, pool in morning, and DTD and lunch at Earl of Sandwich...this concludes my Almost Live Report unless people ask me questions.:surfweb: Happy reading.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter