Almost got him!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by SweetMissy, Nov 2, 2012.

1. SweetMissy

SweetMissy DIS Veteran

I'm getting closer at convincing my husband that we must go on a disney cruise next year, lol. I got him to go to a travel agent yesterday!! :rotfl2:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

Awesome...Good luck! :)

4. EpicBilynn

EpicBilynn Mouseketeer

Keep working at it! It took over a year to convince my mom to take the family on one. Lots of luck and pixie dust :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

5. Disneylandfanatic

Disneylandfanatic Annual Passholder since 2008

I am in the same boat as you! So close to having the bf agree to the Disney cruise. :-) I can't wait! I know ill be able to talk him into it.

6. 3Mickeys

3Mickeys Mouseketeer

My husband really didn't want to do it. I talked to everyone I knew who had gone. Played the "our kids will only be this age once" card. Memories forever. He finally agreed to a 3-4 night. When we looked at the numbers and the cost of a flight to Florida I somehow convinced him if we are going all that way, we might as well go all in and do 7 night. He was wary as neither of us have ever cruised.

We all absolutely loved it. Most relaxing and fun family vacation ever. Much to my surprise sitting in the sun on St. Thomas he said to me "tell me about this discount if you book on board?" I almost died.

We took our second cruise about 15 months later, a 5 night. We were THIS close to re-booking again, but we have work that has to be done on our house and decided we needed a year or two off of cruising. I"m sure we will go back though.

Good luck!!

7. SweetMissy

SweetMissy DIS Veteran

He's actually pretty receptive. A few weeks ago, there was NO talking to him about it! But for some reason, I don't know what changed. It was his idea to go to the travel agent! :cheer2: So I'm thinking we'll be definitely going next April! Yaaaahooo! We just want to do a 5 night. We've been on 2 cruises before. One before having kids (7 night) and the other a few years ago (5 night)....my MIL watched the kids. We actually liked the 5 night better....we felt the 7 night was too long. I think we'll enjoy the 5 night even more now that we'll be stuck on a boat with 3 kids, lol.

3Mickeys....that's funny about your husband asking about the discounts! Men are so funny. Why does it take them awhile to make up their mind? If my husband suggested going to disneyworld or a disney cruise....there would be no hesitation on my part....no thinking about it required, lol.

8. briarrose1

briarrose1 Disney Fanatic Since 1995♥

I have found that it doesn't take them long to make up their minds, it just has to be THEIR idea--that they ususally "borrow" from us! :lmao:

9. SweetMissy

SweetMissy DIS Veteran

Haha....hmmm, good idea. :rotfl: