Almost got him!

Keep working at it! It took over a year to convince my mom to take the family on one. Lots of luck and pixie dust :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My husband really didn't want to do it. I talked to everyone I knew who had gone. Played the "our kids will only be this age once" card. Memories forever. He finally agreed to a 3-4 night. When we looked at the numbers and the cost of a flight to Florida I somehow convinced him if we are going all that way, we might as well go all in and do 7 night. He was wary as neither of us have ever cruised.

We all absolutely loved it. Most relaxing and fun family vacation ever. Much to my surprise sitting in the sun on St. Thomas he said to me "tell me about this discount if you book on board?" I almost died.

We took our second cruise about 15 months later, a 5 night. We were THIS close to re-booking again, but we have work that has to be done on our house and decided we needed a year or two off of cruising. I"m sure we will go back though.

Good luck!!

He's actually pretty receptive. A few weeks ago, there was NO talking to him about it! But for some reason, I don't know what changed. It was his idea to go to the travel agent! :cheer2: So I'm thinking we'll be definitely going next April! Yaaaahooo! We just want to do a 5 night. We've been on 2 cruises before. One before having kids (7 night) and the other a few years ago (5 night)....my MIL watched the kids. We actually liked the 5 night better....we felt the 7 night was too long. I think we'll enjoy the 5 night even more now that we'll be stuck on a boat with 3 kids, lol.

3Mickeys....that's funny about your husband asking about the discounts! Men are so funny. Why does it take them awhile to make up their mind? If my husband suggested going to disneyworld or a disney cruise....there would be no hesitation on my part....no thinking about it required, lol.

He's actually pretty receptive. A few weeks ago, there was NO talking to him about it! But for some reason, I don't know what changed. It was his idea to go to the travel agent! :cheer2: So I'm thinking we'll be definitely going next April! Yaaaahooo! We just want to do a 5 night. We've been on 2 cruises before. One before having kids (7 night) and the other a few years ago (5 night)....my MIL watched the kids. We actually liked the 5 night better....we felt the 7 night was too long. I think we'll enjoy the 5 night even more now that we'll be stuck on a boat with 3 kids, lol.

3Mickeys....that's funny about your husband asking about the discounts! Men are so funny. Why does it take them awhile to make up their mind? If my husband suggested going to disneyworld or a disney cruise....there would be no hesitation on my part....no thinking about it required, lol.

I have found that it doesn't take them long to make up their minds, it just has to be THEIR idea--that they ususally "borrow" from us! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter