Almost every single CM has mentioned my DDs Inside Out Stuffed animals.

pmaurer74

DIS Veteran
It is really strange. My DDs bought these characters at HS 2 days ago and since then we have had about 40 CMs mentioned them. At first I thought it was nice but now it is strange. Are the CMs trained to mentioned these particular characters to promote toe movie or do they comment on all stuffed animals kids carry around. At first I thought it was a coincidence but not anymore. We plan to go see the extended trailer at EPCOT tonight. Does anyone know when there will be a character greeting for Inside Out?

As a former CM who loves new movies/new Disney stuff, you bet I would comment on a child's souvenir from an upcoming film, especially if the film looked good and the release date was close. I was never asked to do it, just being friendly and trying to share in the excitement of Disney. Not sure on those other 40 CMs you mentioned.

As a former CM who loves new movies/new Disney stuff, you bet I would comment on a child's souvenir from an upcoming film, especially if the film looked good and the release date was close. I was never asked to do it, just being friendly and trying to share in the excitement of Disney. Not sure on those other 40 CMs you mentioned.
That is interesting. I just thought frequency of the comments were odd. I was not exaggerating other, there really have been about that many in the past few days!

Not a CM, but I am really looking forward to that movie so I would definitely notice a toy like that - though I probably wouldn't say anything to you or your child. Remember that CMs are also encouraged to engage customers, and this seems like a great opportunity to do just that. You look for something that you might have in common - like excitement over an upcoming film.

CMs are trained to comment on little things i think. It makes you feel more welcome i suspect. I am an adult pin trader, but I only carry 5-10 pins per day. I get at least 30 comments a day on my "pin collection". We often go for our anniversary and used to wear the anniversary buttons. The "happy anniversaries" got so annoying we stopped wearing them! :laughing: We brought our infant twins last week and got stopped every 3 minutes about how cute they were.

Last year we bought the LE MNSSHP magic bands. So many CMs asked us about them and then had us run them through again when we went through FP+ turnstyles. They hadn't seen how the rainbow colors light up vs the white, green and blue and when you're quiet you can hear Mickey say Happy Halloween. So I really think they are just looking at your new items.

I think part of it is CM always are looking for something "special" to strike up a conversation. That is why wearing the birthday buttons will get you LOTS of "Happy Birthdays" and why wearing custom clothes will get LOTS of comments too.

CMs are trained to comment on little things i think. It makes you feel more welcome i suspect. I am an adult pin trader, but I only carry 5-10 pins per day. I get at least 30 comments a day on my "pin collection". We often go for our anniversary and used to wear the anniversary buttons. The "happy anniversaries" got so annoying we stopped wearing them! :laughing: We brought our infant twins last week and got stopped every 3 minutes about how cute they were.

As a mom of identical twins (though not infant any longer....18 later this month).....we used to get stopped constantly in the mall, at restaurants, anywhere we went.....we didn't take them to Disney until they were older, but even now at almost 18, they still like to dress alike and get comments all the time. It's rare that I go somewhere with only one...but I've joked with them that they seem to be missing the attention...when there is only one no one comments, lol.

As a new mom of twins, you need to get used to it, lol. Life is never dull with twins. Enjoy!

On the day my son was wearing the jacket he has on in my avi pic, every single CM he interacted with called him "Buzz Lightyear" he was walking around the MK like the big man on campus, beaming with pride. CMs are great with little kids.

On our last trip, my DD wore a dumbo mickey ear hat. It is a super cute hat, but she has worn it since 2013. This trip it received lots of attention from CMs. I couldn't figure out why. A lot of "where did you get that hat." One finally mentioned that it is no longer sold and that she had been trying to find one on EBay.

I doubt many people carry them around so the CMs have not seen them yet. I have a Finding nemo plush hat that is very rare and get loads of comments on it. Anything uncommon will always attract attention.
I agree with this. I have an orange bird shirt and the last time I went to DTD I received 5 comments from CMs on the shirt in an hour.

I got compliments and CMs talking quietly to each other, even in Memento Mori, about my limited edition Madame Liota Haunted Mansion t-shirt. I thought it was pretty cool for the CMs in the store, who have probably seen everything HM related, wondering where I got my shirt. Our family has also gotten compliments from CMs on our other limited edition Disney shirts. I guess stalking Disney Store.com for them paid off. It paid off for Disney with how much money I have ended spending on those darn shirts:rolleyes:

As a mom of identical twins (though not infant any longer....18 later this month).....we used to get stopped constantly in the mall, at restaurants, anywhere we went.....we didn't take them to Disney until they were older, but even now at almost 18, they still like to dress alike and get comments all the time. It's rare that I go somewhere with only one...but I've joked with them that they seem to be missing the attention...when there is only one no one comments, lol.

As a new mom of twins, you need to get used to it, lol. Life is never dull with twins. Enjoy!

As an identical twin who will turn 30 in a week those comments really never stop. My sister and I still get asked about being twins constantly when we're together. We don't even (purposefully) dress alike very often (though it happens a lot by accident)

I was never asked to do it, just being friendly and trying to share in the excitement of Disney.
6ce11.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter