Almost a month before the press event...what announcement are you expecting???

carterman_12

DIS Veteran
Personally, I am expecting the announcement of Beastly Kingdom, or some major announcement concerning the Animal Kingdom. Though I am not counting on it, I would hope they would say something about JIYI...but like I said, I am not counting on it.

Any others?

I'm with you Carterman, I'll be very disappointed without a significant nod to AK. I also think a big part of the future will be another overseas venue...
:smooth: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :smooth:

I hope they will announce the addition of beastly kingdom and a new mountain at MK.

ummm, yup, although talks with Korea and others have also been ongoing with surprisingly little fanfare...
:smooth: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :smooth:

I heard of this much anticipated news release from Disney. What is the extent of this conference and what are the details surrounding it?

This event is the offical 100 years of magic press event. It was slated to be in October, but with September 11th, Disney pushed it back to December 5th. Word is that Michael Eisner will be attending the event with all the media, which, when he has shown his face at press events in the past, he has announced new projects that has to do with the Disney Parks. This time, we here at the DIS news and rumors expect something about Beastly Kingdom, a new ride or show about Mickey @ MK, and perhaps a new park overseas.

With how things are going at wdw i wouldnt be surprised if they didnt annouce more cutbacks and try to spin it that it is for are benefit and we should just be happy they arent cutting back more.

I agree I think they will anounce more cutbacks....What I'd like to here is Eisner and Pressler is stepping down and Tony Baxter is stepping up to CEO...

OK - Going out on a limb here. They will announce the completion of Beastly Kingdom including two new rollercoasters. And they will announce groundbreaking for a new park Disney-Sea-World.

In My Dreams.

They would never announce layoffs and cutback at a press junket. Nobody is that dense. You only announce good things at these kinds of events.

...is to announce something to fill up the vast wasteland a big chunk of Tomorrowland has become.

And then they need to address Animal Kingdom.

Jeff

Speaking of new projects.....would you know if there is still a green light for the expansion of The Magic Kingdom to further enhance and upgrade this monumental park? Rumors are surfacing about adding an attraction such as a rollercoaster to the mix( Fire Mountain ).

JeffJewell. If you think Tomorrowland WDW is bad, you should see TL at DL. At least WDW has Alein Encounter which any way you look at it is unique. If Time Keeper were still open it would be 100 times superior.

Or they will make a big annoucement, the opening of a new attraction COP. And then annouce a new program for onsite guests, that will allow guests to enter select parks on select days 1 1/2 hrs early as a new perk. Of course they will call it by a new name!

What about something new in World Showcase? Isn't about time, actually way past time to expand this area?

Maybe they'll announce the new rides at Downtown Disney. :earseek:

No BK announcement? Well, this will not make me and all of my longwinded prognostications look good, not good at all...And "a man in my position can not afford to be made to look ridiculous!";)

If it would help I could go to WDW on press day and make an announcement...
:cool: :cool: :bounce: :cool: :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter