Almost 3 year old?? Good time to go?

leighmerz

Mouseketeer
Hi all! I am trying to plan a trip for my kiddos. We went last year at age 1 and 4 and it was a fabulous trip. I am thinking of going back just before my little turns 3 so we can get one more "free ticket" out of her. Oldest child will be 6. Is this a good time for my little one to go? Last time she was just walking so she was totally fine with lots of stroller time. This go around, she will be into everything. Of course, I will want her to be able to ride a good bit of rides as well. Any advice??

Personally, I think its the PERFECT time to go!!! What have you got to lose! I've been several times with kids that age, and they were fine in the stroller, especially one where they could get in and out themselves when mom said they could. It was truely fun cause everything was so magical and real to them! I would go for it! Your 6 year old is a GREAT age too!!!:goodvibes

Our kids' first WDW trip was when DS was 5 and DD was two weeks shy of 3. It was wonderful! I will say though that DD refused to sit in her stroller and instead wanted to push it, which was a real pain. DD has always been extremely independent, so that was no surprise. My parents and sister were with us, so we ended up ditching the stroller since we had plenty of people to walk with DD and carry her when needed. She had given up naps at home but did nap a couple of days at WDW (back at the rental house), as did DS and I. DD was a little nervous about the characters, but by the end of the trip she was hugging Minnie. I'll always remember DD's reaction to the princesses in the MK parade and castle show. Don't get that same reaction now that she's 9 and too cool for princesses!

We got back early this month, my granddaughter is 2-1/2. She loved it! She could do so much, loved the characters, especially the princesses.

Its still a great time to go! we love getting the "free" trip for our little ones too :) She'll be energetic at first but then spend much more time in the stroller towards the end. Go ahead!

My 6 year old would live there if I let her! My younger child loves characters, always has. I just want to make sure we are not in the age where little will want to do everything with big and can't.

We're taking our daughter in May and she'll be 2.5! I think it's a great age to take her. She might not remember a lot of it, but we get to see the magic in her eyes. :love:

First time we went our oldest was 3. Perfect age. Could just go on some big rides (log ride) and loved the little rides and characters. Hope you go!

I second what everyone is saying. My son's 2nd trip was when he was 2 and a half and his 3rd trip he turned 3 at Disney. And I loved those trips. The great thing is that every trip with him has been different. We will be celebrating his 7th birthday there next month and I know that it will be different from just his 6th last year. They change so much and have new likes and dislikes.

I would take him - it will be more work, but what is the other option? Staying at home until he's older? You can still take him when he's older and have this trip too (best of both!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter