allstar stragegy--how can I get the building I want?

kerri0616

DIS Veteran
My son is a Toy Story Fan, so we'd love to get into the toy story buildings at AllStar Movies. (It's also very close to the food court). Two years ago we stayed at AllStar Movies and we went in a way off peak time (mid September--parks were empty). When we checked in we were told there were no rooms available in Toy Story. Judging by the crowds at the resort, I just don't think this was true. Could it be they give preferential treatment to guests who book through Disney rather than through a travel agent?

I should also mention that my travel agent faxed a building request a few days before our arrival.

We're going again over Memorial Week (more crowded!) Anyone have a strategy for getting the building I want?

Kerri

Call CRO on your own and do exactly what a travel agent would: Ask them to write down that you'd prefer a Toy Story area room. They do not guarantee it, but at least it is there! The travel agent could not guarantee it either, and posting the request costs you nothing.

Wanda

When I made my ressies through a travel agent in October, I requested Dalmations at ASMovies. I called two weeks before we were to arrive to confirm and they didn't have the request noted. This was through the Disney Club phone number and they gladly noted where we wanted to stay.

When we got there, I asked the front desk cast member where we'd be and she told me Herbie the Love Bug! I very nicely asked her if we could be put in Dalmations and she cheerfuly changed it for me.

The same sort of thing happened when we moved to Caribbean Beach. I called the day before check in, my room preference was noted but the room we wanted was filled by the time we got there.

I'm starting to believe there is no sure fire way to get the room or section you want until you're actually there.

I had the same sort of deal as babymoon. We stayed at ASMu last April and told my TA to request Calypso Bldg. My TA said he did, but I just had this feeling that he did not....just the way he said it. Well I call ASMu myself and they told me that since I made my ressies through a TA that they'd have to call & request the room. I also FAXED my room request 3 days before arrival.

Well, when we got there guess what....they had us in "Country"..way back in the back 40 acres of the place. I told the nice CM that my TA was supposed to request and that I faxed my request....there was no notation on my ressie. He told me to wait and he scurried off somewhere and came back saying if I could use a king bed we could have Jazz Bldg. It was just my DGD and myself so it worked out fine....they do try to accomodate.

The moral of this story is....if you use a TA, they have to request room. Even if you don't get exactly what you want, they will try to make things better some how.

I'm using DREAMS UNLIMITED this year!

First of all. I DO NOT use a Travel Agent! I do Everything myself--this includes faxing my Building Preference 4 days before checking in, at 8:00am in the morning! I get my request EVERY time!:D

I use a TA and when we arrived at check in, in June 2000 the cm checked us in and told us we would be in Mighty Ducks. We asked her if there was anything available in Toy Story or Dalmations, she said "Hold on and I'll just check", there was and she changed us to Tou Story. Great service:D

I read the title as All Star Tragedy and since we are staying there in 10 days I clicked on it. Then I'm reading the post saying to myself "Where is the tragedy?". LOL I need to go back to bed or get some glasses!! Silly Me. :rolleyes:

THE ASMOVIES fax number is: 407-939-7111 and their phone number is: 407-939-7000.

Make sure you fax your requests in around 4 - 5 days ahead of times and then call to make sure they **received** the fax (you can imagine how many faxes hit the floor over there I'm sure ...

At any rate, try some sweet persuasion and you should be well on your way. Good luck. Me personally, I wouldn't pay an extra $10 to be in the Fantasia buildings (ie preferred view). Toy Story is cute as is Dalmations. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter