Allowed to eat food on Disney Transportation?

GoofyDad1

Earning My Ears
Our family is planning on rising early to take advantage of Early Entry. Can we eat coffee/juice/muffins on the bus on the way to the parks in the AM?

just returned yesterday and everytime we got on the bus the bus driver would announce no eating or drinking on the bus.

I believe that there is a no Eating or Drinking Rule.

We have always taken drinks with us on the bus, although one time I had one from the resort food court without a lid and as I tried to board, the driver said I could only bring drinks aboard with lids. Many times I have seen people with mixed drinks from the resort bars allowed on the bus, no lids. So perhaps it just depends on the bus driver.

I used to do this every morning, but I'm real careful, and the bus driver never said anything. I learned a tip from a long distance truck driver-put your coffee in a big mug (used to fill my refillable mug about 1/2 full), then use a lid and a straw to keep it from spilling. Yes, that's right-drinking coffee with a straw. If the bus driver had said anything, I would have emptied the coffee out, but like I said, never had a problem.

We never take food, but we often have our refillable mugs with us and nobody has ever said anything about it. Of course, they do have lids on them. We usually fill them up with coffee or hot chocolate in the morning.

We usually take our resort mugs filled with coffee/milk/juice we purchased that morning along with a ziplock bag of dry cereal. My kids loved munching on the cereal while we rode along on the bus. The bus drivers never said anything to us. After we got to the parks, we would pick up some fruit somewhere and our breakfast was complete. This saved us quite a bit of time with my not so early risers.

Have a wonderful time. :)

Even if you could do it, I think the better question is do you want to do it?

Most of the time we can't get a seat on the buses and it's pretty crowded. Plus, you have to hang on when you go around turns and stuff. You could probably manage something in a cup with a lid, but I wouldn't want to try to eat food or drink out of an open cup.

They have a no eating/drinking rule. That said, they do allow cups with lids, bottles, juice boxes, etc. I've seen drivers turn people away who had ice cream, cups with no lids, popcorn, a can of Cheese Wiz and sleeve of crackers, and other food. I've also seen them let people on with bakery bags obviously containing food, but often reminding the person of the no eating on the bus rule.

I think a lot depends on the driver, and how many people are going to be expected. This past August I walked onto a bus at around 1:30 at the AK, headed to the BW. I was the only passenger on the entire ride. I am pretty sure that if I had food, it wouldn't have been an issue. But IMHO it's very rude to carry on food on those crowded early morning and late evening busses. It's often standing room only, and too easy to spill food onto a fellow guest. I've actually seen it happen, a lady was handing out pop tarts and juice boxes one morning a few years back to her kids. The bus hit a bump, the kid squeezed the box, and sent a stream of juice flying out of the straw and down the back of the person in front of them. Not a good way to start the day...for anyone. The wet passenger, the overwhelmed mother, and the fellow passengers who then had to listen to the shouting match that began. Oy!

Considering it takes a total of five minutes to eat a muffin and juice, why not just get up five minutes earlier and have your meal at the resort before you leave. It's a lot easier on you and your fellow guests.

One more note--sounds like you've got commando style touring planned. You might want to slow down a little, it's easier on the stomache and the nerves, and you'll have a much more enjoyable time :-)

Anne

Agree with your post- except some children don't eat in 5 minutes. That might be why she's trying to take some time off from the breakfast- if they take longer to eat than that.
But egads... I wouldn't scream but I'd sure be upset if someone squirted juice down my back on the bus!!!!!!

OMG.
I was doing a search on refillable mugs to find out if they could be taken on the bus when resort hopping and AFTER I posted- I realized this thread was 2yrs old!
Holymoly..... sorry

Don't worry about it. We actually had a thread about this a week ago I think... I thought this one was the same one :) :)

In order to answer your question though... It really is driver dependant. Some drivers allow food and drink, others don't. I wouldn't worry about it... as long as you're respectful, clean up your trash, and don't make a mess, it's all good on my bus. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter