Allowed to bring adult beverages into pool area?

Mom3girls

DIS Veteran
Staying at RPR this Sunday and still have a few questions. Can you bring drinks (adult beverages and waters) into the pool area in a small cooler bag? I obviously wouldn't bring glass bottles because of the pool. Do they check your bags when entering the pool area?

Of course we will be trying some of the Bula Bar frozen concoctions during our stay but would like to throw a couple cans of beer in a small cooler bag.

They will frown on bringing a cooler to the pool no matter the size.

Hi-last year when we stayed at RP, we brought a small soft cooler to the pool with cans of beer, and some plastic solo cups. Nobody checks your cooler, and no one gave us a second look at all having the cooler, in fact there were quite a few people with their coolers-I wouldn't go bringing something large in, but a smaller soft cooler I think is just fine. Sounds like we did the same thing you are wanting to do, some frozen drinks at the bar as well! Remember, at the pool bar they automatically add 18% tip to the bill-

I just saw Bluer's post, I know she goes to RP a lot more than we do-we didn't have any issues, but I guess you're taking a chance if something is going to be said or not.

Of course I do not want to cause any trouble getting into the pool area. So we will just leave the beers in the room fridge

Remember to go during Happy Hour if they still have it, it was like 5-7. There was no problem bringing drinks, with the stipulation that they were not in glass.

Happy hour has good prices
I would call it cheap prices

Rpr staff tries hard not to offend anyone but times I have been around the pool, they have done bag checks for bringing in beer/booze

Guests are told no carry ins or glass bottles
Do see some guests return soon after without their bags to the pool area

When the pool and bar area is crowded that is when I have see the checking of coolers/bags brought in

When it is slow and very few at the pool area, have seen some with soft side coolers

Kind of a hit or miss

Remember to go during Happy Hour if they still have it, it was like 5-7. There was no problem bringing drinks, with the stipulation that they were not in glass.
Yes bring it in plastic cups and it won't be an issue

I wouldn't hesitate to bring your water with you...we certainly did and had no issues...we were using reusable cups though rather than bringing bottles. You could do they same with your beer and no one would know the difference...just might have to make a couple of return trips to your room for refills.

WRT the Bula Bar drinks....one nice thing is once you have paid full price once during your trip ($14.95, I think)...all future refills were "only" "9.95" regardless of which drink you wanted even if it was not the same day. If you charge to your room, you don't even have to bring the glass back with you...they can see that you already paid for it on your file.

While you are there, I highly recommend the nachos and the fruit & cheese plate...YUM!! :)

Happy hour has good prices
I would call it cheap prices

Rpr staff tries hard not to offend anyone but times I have been around the pool, they have done bag checks for bringing in beer/booze

Guests are told no carry ins or glass bottles
Do see some guests return soon after without their bags to the pool area

When the pool and bar area is crowded that is when I have see the checking of coolers/bags brought in

When it is slow and very few at the pool area, have seen some with soft side coolers

Kind of a hit or miss

That's our experience too........

They were ok with folks coming in with small plastic cups, but we have seen several folks politely asked not to bring their coolers in over the years.........some really were full to bursting.

Yep, prices are decent at Bula Bar..........and food and drinks are lush.......nachos and a cocktail or 2 are a fabulous way to spend the evening.

Bula bar food is from jakes

So if you like food from jakes, you know items at Bula bar will be great

I'm in the camp for their nachos

Bula bar food is from jakes

So if you like food from jakes, you know items at Bula bar will be great

I'm in the camp for their nachos

Yup........never had a bad meal from either place.

We told a family a few years back that food at the Bula Bar came from Jake's.........she didn't believe me.......lol......don't know why I would make that up.......:rotfl:

Nachos and drinks at the Bula Bar are on our daily...ahhh...hmmm...I mean weekly schedule.:drinking1

Nachos and drinks at the Bula Bar are on our daily...ahhh...hmmm...I mean weekly schedule.:drinking1

Lol.......you're in good company........:thumbsup2

We're really not pool people, but RPR is fabulous.......we adore spending time chilling around it..........day or night...........usually night if we fancy a relaxing night watching the dive in movies and partaking in a cocktail or two.......::yes::

Now I want to start planning our next trip with all this RPR talk! Love Jakes, when we stayed at Sapphire this month, we walked over there for dinner. I think that's when we realized we would give the "edge" to RPR over Sapphire. Jakes has a delicious turkey burger, get it every time we're there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter