Allison's MAW/GKTW Pre-Trip Report ***1/27 TRIP REPORT STARTED***

IF you have time to take fuil advantage, MVMCP is a GREAT way to get some extra Disney Park time...

PLUS - the magic button works for character lines...which are a HUGE hit at the Christmas Party...

I love, love, love that party!

But...it is also pretty expensive...so you want to make sure it is worth it before you put forth the expense.
Thinking it is very likely we will go! Alli wants to and from what another person said, it seems very do-able!:santa:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2320310 Robo sets it out on the map great!!!

We have never done MVMCP because it doesn't start until so late and my kids are headed for sleepy time shortly thereafter. The cost for our family -- About 240 extra doesn't make sense for us.

We do love character dining -- breakfast and lunch are our favorites. We love Tusker for breakfast at AK, lunch at Crystal Palace at MK and lunch at Hollywood and Vine at HS. For my DD7 we love Cinderella's Royal Table for lunch. If you are interested you need to call ASAP -- reservations get booked out 180 days.
Thank you!! I looked at the map, and the comments on that thread. We are going to do that for sure and surprise Alli!!!:tinker:
I am not sure that my boys will like The Royal Table?!?!:rolleyes1 Alli might....

We went to MVMCP once and it was one of the most special times we have ever had in the MK. We were a group from 2-adult, and we had a GREAT time!! We made sure we had a low key day, lots of swimming in the morning and then an afternoon rest time and then at the park by 4pm (I think they still let you in early, but Im not 100% sure they still do).

The MK was super dooper decked out with snow on Main St, giving out hot chocolate and cookies - characters dressed up - soooo FUN!!! Plus after about 9pm the park emptied out and we had the characters and rides to ourselves!! The toddler napped and then woke up again and had more fun!!!!

Maybe talk to the girls and see which they'd rather do??? Either will be a blast!!
The snow would be so cool. Alli and Jake hadn't really seen snow since they were very little. Last year it snowed a good bit (the 8 inches shut down our area for days) and Jonathon saw snow for the first time. Sounds so fun!!!

I have asked them, and the older 2 (Alli and Jake) want to do both! They were 4 and 8 and we went to Ohana. Back then Chip and Dale were there! They still talk about it!! BOTH of them. Needless to say, they weren't happy when I said it was no longer them, but Stitch. Jonathon was THRILLED!!:stitch:

All I can say is WOW! I too am a Navy wife who had some stressful pregnancies...but they seem like a walk in the park compared to what you had to deal with! What an incredible mom you are! I have 3 tips for you after reading your PTR! First, Pixie Hollow has one of the LONGEST lines in the park. It is located in toontown and the map says it opens @ 10, but actually it opens @ 9:45, so get there right before that and you will be one of the first in line! :) Second, if you watch Wishes from the Rose Garden (look for it on your map in the day light) Tinkerbell flies right over your head! Lastly, we went to MVMCP and we got military tickets @ the MK ticket counter for 1/2 price. I hope you have an amazing time with your beautiful family!
Go Navy!
Erica

Hi Erica!! Thank you for the tips. Everything is so helpful. Making this trip perfect or as near to perfect is my goal. I realized that things come up!! But hey, A mom can Wish right??? So stoked about the military discount! That will so rock!!!

By the way, I am not completely nuts having 4 babies with complications. I was told that as you have more babies the less likely you will end up with Pre-E, AND Christoper was a complete shock!! Welcome Home Daddy!! Wow 6 month deployments and what they bring.....

My husband is on subs. What does yours do??

I did MVMCP several years ago and it was a lot of fun. DF and I recently did the Halloween party this year (it was a blast!!!) and I think I am going to tell him we just have to go to the Christmas party. :rolleyes1

As a previous person posted, if the finances are ok, then go for the party (those tickets are really pricey when you are buying for more than 2). Otherwise a character dining would be fun too. :)
The Military discount that Erica just mentioned will totally help out!! WOO HOO!! Think it's gonna happen!!!YAYAYAYAYA :cloud9:

Well, according to the ticker... it's only 2 weeks until Allison's WISH comes true!!!:dance3: She got her GKTW packet the other day and it is now feeling so real for her.

We are starting to put together more of a plan!

So far this is what Alli and I have decided. If you have suggestions please throw them out there....

Sunday~ arrive around noon. Head to Walmart, then GKTW. Check-in, eat, attend orientation/explore GKTW. If possible do MVMCP. If not DTD or there GKTW activities.

MONDAY~ Alli's favorite day!! Islands of Adventure. First Stop.. WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER. She wants to try the Butterbeer and Pumpkin Juice. Anyone been??? Curious about Ollivanders..... How do they chose the 2 guests to do the wand thing??

Tuesday~ Possibly Nick characters at GKTW. Animal Kingdom. If we didn't do MVMCP, we will go this night. OR GKTW family fun night

Wednesday~ Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure

Thursday~ Hollywood Studios/Epcot (Friends arrive in town)

Friday~ Magic Kingdom

Saturday~ Seaworld?????? We leave later this afternoon. Not sure about timing. Would love to go.

I have gather info from another forum (not touring plans). I read about it on a thread somewhere. Can't remember where now. Is this a safe bet, or should I go with Touring plans??

Hope everyone is having a GREAT weekend. Back to the grind tomorrow!!:rolleyes:

If you were looking at Tourguide Mike, it is in my opinion worth every cent. The only draw back is that you are joining so close to your trip and there is so much info there it might feel overwhelming. If you do join, send me a PM here and I will help you plan your days @ WDW if you want or at least point you in the right direction on how to sift through the info on that site! I can't help you with the TGM stuff unless you join (his rules)!
My husband is a Flight Engineer on P3's, but we are currently stationed in Columbus, OH on Recruiter duty... My dad was on subs though! :) He was a sonar tech! You are going to have sooo much fun. I will help you plan any way I can!
That is interesting what they say about complications lessening with each pregnancy. I just had mild Pre-E with my first, but with my second I had pretty bad morning sickness to the point they put me on chemo meds to stop the vomiting ( best diet I had ever been on, just at the wrong time)! I also had a lot of other issues and at one point they thought I had a heart attack and I spent a week in the ICU...it turned out they were wrong...but scary nontheless! ;)

Erica

I think your best bet for planning is to know the lay of the land...study your park maps so that you know where you want to go...The magic button will get you in a lot of things quickly, so you will be able to do the things you want...plus you are going at a relatively low time...

Cajunfan is probably right...your MAW button will help you bypass a lot of lines that TourGuideMike helps you avoid. So maybe it isn't necessary... I keep forgetting you will have that!

I think your best bet for planning is to know the lay of the land...study your park maps so that you know where you want to go...The magic button will get you in a lot of things quickly, so you will be able to do the things you want...plus you are going at a relatively low time...

Aww - dont worry too much about planning. Cajunfan is right - your button will keep you moving. Just grab a map and go - dont stress over it, have FUN with it!! you really wont be waiting in many lines at all - just plan plenty of breaks and take your time and enjoy every minute of it!!!:goodvibes

How does the "Magic Button" work?? Do CM's see it and pull you out of line, or do you have to go looking for CM's??? Not sure how well we will do "butting"?!?!?:guilty:

Been looking at maps!! Thanks!!

Cajunfan is probably right...your MAW button will help you bypass a lot of lines that TourGuideMike helps you avoid. So maybe it isn't necessary... I keep forgetting you will have that!
Glad to know, haven't had much time on here!! 2 Sick kiddos and a sick Daddy doesn't help!!!

Aww - dont worry too much about planning. Cajunfan is right - your button will keep you moving. Just grab a map and go - dont stress over it, have FUN with it!! you really wont be waiting in many lines at all - just plan plenty of breaks and take your time and enjoy every minute of it!!!:goodvibes
Thanks!!! We are READY for FUN!!! YAY:cool1:

YAY!! Made our first dining reservation today!! We are going to breakfast at O'hanas at the Polynesian. We went there many years ago....and Jake and Alli LOVED it. Since it has both Mickey and Stitch everyone should be happy!!:banana::banana::banana:

Don't much like the time, but that's ok! It's taken me 2+ weeks to get this!

Anyone that's been to GKTW, what is the spa Allison saw on the map??? She is wanting to go.

How does the "Magic Button" work?? Do CM's see it and pull you out of line, or do you have to go looking for CM's??? Not sure how well we will do "butting"?!?!?:guilty:

Once you get to GKTW at check-in, you will receive a GAC with a green light stamp on it and you just show it to the "greeter",the CM at the front of the line" and they will direct you where to go from there. That is how it works at Disney not sure how it is handled at Universal.

joining in for the fun!!! Totally understand the pre-eclampsia stuff. My Aisling was premature for the same reason. Not that you would know it to look at her now!!

Hope you are having fun planning :thumbsup2

Dont worry at all - you wont feel weird showing your pass - everyone else will think you have a fass pass on the big rides, and there is just so much going on around you, no one will really notice!!! Typically you will use the handicapped entrance/fast pass entrance. Will Allison need to use a wheelchair or is she able to walk long distances?

The spa is really cute!! She should so do it!! As many times as she likes!!!! The people volunteering in there were soooo happy to work with the kids!!!

;)
joining in for the fun!!! Totally understand the pre-eclampsia stuff. My Aisling was premature for the same reason. Not that you would know it to look at her now!!

Hope you are having fun planning :thumbsup2
:welcome: Thanks for joining in. Yeah, it sucks to have it. I ended up with post-partum pre-eclampsia as well with the middle 2. That's why we were done... or so we thought. Then there was little Christopher!!:rolleyes1

Dont worry at all - you wont feel weird showing your pass - everyone else will think you have a fass pass on the big rides, and there is just so much going on around you, no one will really notice!!! Typically you will use the handicapped entrance/fast pass entrance. Will Allison need to use a wheelchair or is she able to walk long distances?

The spa is really cute!! She should so do it!! As many times as she likes!!!! The people volunteering in there were soooo happy to work with the kids!!!

Good to know. I tend to worry about everything!! It is something I am working on. ;) We are not sure about the walking part yet. She gets tired VERY easily. Like tonight, she is about done after school then dance. But still has homework. Of course she is a week out from a treatment so it could be the start of a flare-up. Luckily she will have her next one the 9th and then we leave the 12th.

Another thing to look forward too.. the spa. Alli and I will do Mommy/Daughter time!!:cloud9:

It is where you can get your makeup done, airbrush tattoos, fingernails painted, and hang massages. It is typically open 5-9PM.

Once you get to GKTW at check-in, you will receive a GAC with a green light stamp on it and you just show it to the "greeter",the CM at the front of the line" and they will direct you where to go from there. That is how it works at Disney not sure how it is handled at Universal.

Thank you!:thumbsup2

Well, today Brian got his test results from 2 weeks ago. They were still elevated. He was told at his last appointment that if they were still positive he would have a PET Scan. So.. it's been scheduled for the 10th. We are praying for good news. They thought he had a tumor on his adrenal gland but it wasn't on the CT. So they think the tumor (same kind) is somewhere else in his body secreting the excess hormones causing the hypertensive crisis and other symptoms.:confused3

SO READY TO GET AWAY FROM IT ALL!!! Looking for :goodvibes and prayers! Thanks.

;):welcome: Thanks for joining in. Yeah, it sucks to have it. I ended up with post-partum pre-eclampsia as well with the middle 2. That's why we were done... or so we thought. Then there was little Christopher!!:rolleyes1

Good to know. I tend to worry about everything!! It is something I am working on. ;) We are not sure about the walking part yet. She gets tired VERY easily. Like tonight, she is about done after school then dance. But still has homework. Of course she is a week out from a treatment so it could be the start of a flare-up. Luckily she will have her next one the 9th and then we leave the 12th.

Another thing to look forward too.. the spa. Alli and I will do Mommy/Daughter time!!:cloud9:

I am a worrier too - but it all worked out. Honestely, I think I would plan on Alli using a chair unless she is adamantly against it. Daniel was a month past his last chemo, and he wore out sooooo badly (even when using a chair) that he missed out on the last 2 days of our trip - it was awful. Allow her to conserve her energy for the fun stuff!! If you wait until she is exhausted, it might be too late. I feel these little kiddos reserve gets depleted so quickly, and then takes longer to recharge. Just something to think about!!:wizard: Daniel was so disappointed his missed out from thursday afternoon till we left on Saturday!!!!!!!! He had been waiting for rock and rollercoaster, and then never even made it to hollywood studios or epcot!!!

Well, today Brian got his test results from 2 weeks ago. They were still elevated. He was told at his last appointment that if they were still positive he would have a PET Scan. So.. it's been scheduled for the 10th. We are praying for good news. They thought he had a tumor on his adrenal gland but it wasn't on the CT. So they think the tumor (same kind) is somewhere else in his body secreting the excess hormones causing the hypertensive crisis and other symptoms.:confused3

SO READY TO GET AWAY FROM IT ALL!!! Looking for :goodvibes and prayers! Thanks.

Yikes, I'm sending prayers and pixie dust that everything turns up ok for DH. It does sound like all you guys need this trip.

WOO HOO!!! Two packages came in the mail today!!! I can't wait until Alli and Jake get home from school. Unfortunately, Jake gets home 2.5 hours afte Alli because of football practice! UGH!

pixiedust:pixiedust:

Will post later after they are open!

Finally posting her MAW barbie.
121.jpg

Alli's new hair cut/style:cloud9:
159.jpg

Jonathon and his odd way of holding his sword:rotfl:
167.jpg

Baby's first interaction with Santa:santa:
163.jpg

Jake's football team in the championship:cheer2:
087.jpg

pixiedust: Allison got 2 Pixie Dust packages from the Disboutiquers today. She wasn't able to open them until 8:30 tonight! So I had to keep quiet because she had no idea she was selected to receive anything. I wanted it to be a surprise!! :ssst: Her brother didn't get home from football practice until she was walking out for church. So we had to wait a bit longer...
187-1.jpg

This is her finding out!! She was so excited!
207.jpg

The first package is from Carol W and family. (Don't know the Dis Username) :thumbsup2
Opening...Even the dog was excited to find out what was going on.
220.jpg

Here she is reading the letter in the package..
211-1.jpg

She LOVES the BEAUTIFUL Tink shirt!! :tink:
217.jpg

And Alli helping Jonathon see the front of his Buzz Lightyear shirt!!!
215-1.jpg

THANK YOU SOOO VERY MUCH CAROL!:thanks: We don't have enough words.

Will do another post for the next package....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter