Alligators

While I haven't seen one at any of the lagoon resorts, alligators are in literally every body of water around it. I've seen several, including in the canal where the water parade floats are moored. Since it connects to the lagoon, it wouldn't be a stretch to see one around the shoreline.

When we were there in April we saw a one foot long snake, actually in the daytime, not night. Never saw any reptile any bigger than that.

Not at the Poly but there were 3 at CSR when we were there in May

There is one that we see every morning at the BCV.

Didn't see any 'gators on this trip. We have seen them in the drainage areas in Frontierland.

The trip we just had we saw a good 2 to 3-foot snake at POR that hung out near our building for the week. It became our mascot. :)

We've seen gators the last few years. Disney is supposed to remove them when they go over 4 ft so I wouldn't worry about it.

Saw one in a pond at one of the Disney golf courses, my DD saw one at Shades of Green.

The closest to the Poly we've seen a gator was across the road in the pond on the north side of the driveway to SOG.

Here's a picture of "Glen" from the CSR:

alligator.jpg

I think Disney takes the necessary precautions to ensure their guests are safe. If there were alligators threatening the guests, Disney would remove them.

Didn't see any 'gators on this trip. We have seen them in the drainage areas in Frontierland.

The trip we just had we saw a good 2 to 3-foot snake at POR that hung out near our building for the week. It became our mascot. :)

We're going to be at POR in 9 days. What building were you in? I'll be sure to ask for one far away from it. lol

I almost cancelled my vacation plans to Disney when I first joined the boards and saw what all of you talk about! :eek: But now I think I may be a little dissappointed if we DON'T see a snake or alligator- after all it is Florida! :upsidedow

Remember, April through June is mating season in Florida for alligators so you might see more of them floating around.

Alligators have been seen in most all areas of water at Disney World. However as long as you stay out of the water at the lagoon at the Polynesian you should have no concerns. :thumbsup2

And everyone remember it is the against the law to feed the gators.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter