Alligator Roadkill Was Just The Beginning!!! Updated 2nd May!!

I just want you to know that this trip report is so good that even after getting hardly any sleep and then waking up for a 6am shift, I STILL read your update before taking a nap! LOL

Usually I get bored during non-Harry Potter Universal updates. I've only been to US twice and IoA never. But you're just so entertaining! Another FANTASTIC drawing by the way. You perfectly conveyed the pain of a ride like that *shudders* We have one like it at the Six Flags here and it's the worst so I feel your pain!

Well, at least you did get wet like you wanted... just perhaps a little too wet. Isn't that always the case? :rotfl:

After your update, I'm feeling a little better that we missed Rip Ride Rockit. Being jostled around is never fun. :sick:

Oh my gosh, you guys got SOAKED!!! The humidity is probably the reason you didn't dry off quickly despite the heat and the sun. When the air is full of water, it is not that helpful in drying you off. :rotfl: It is so miserable, I basically become a recluse in summer to avoid that humidity!

I was not impressed with my one experience on RRR either. After listening to that horribly annoying video for over 100 minutes and deciding which song I was going to pick, I got on the ride and didn't have time to pick my song so I ended up with their default song, which was AWFUL. And it is a really rough ride. Have not been back on it since, and that was right after it opened that we rode it.

Great update!

Thats what I thought!! It was so annoying! Even though it was so hot we stayed wet FOREVER!! I don't blame you! That kind of humidity is insane!

UGH MOST ANNOYING VIDEO EVER!!! I wanted to stab my ears repeatedly so I didn't have to listen to it anymore! It is horribly rough! I really don't understand why there are so many fantastic reviews about it online?? I only rode it again in September because I thought maybe we got a rough car or it was an off day. Nope. Still awful and rough!

Just caught up on your TR....awesome! :)

Thanks!! And WELCOME!!

Yay! :):):)

Oh nuts. That's exactly what I would've said. :sad2:

Haha so you're one of those dads!! ;)

The word "socks" makes me blush. :blush:

I'm sorry I will censor myself next time. Far too crude for the Dis I know!

Your socks?! :eek:

Better than our underwear??

I loved the Hulk ride. Had to wait too long for it, but loved it nonetheless.

Such a great ride!! Love the launch and twist and the tunnel of fog! So GREAT!

Great chapter Sally!

Thanks!!

Another fun update!

Awh thanks Em!

I got soaked through on Dudley Do Right and Popeye's Rafts last summer... and on Jurassic Park I have to close my eyes really tightly on that last drop because I'm always scared the spray will make me lose a contact lense :eek: hehe

Well when I went in winter I got completely soaked on Dudley! So much that we paid to use that silly warmer thing at the exit :rotfl:
Yikes I've never thought of that! That would make me super paranoid if I wore them haha

I also wasn't keen on RRR... and I picked 'I Will Survive' by Gloria Gaynor for my song! :laughing: that vertical launch was terrifying, definitely not my kind of coaster.
Very impressed you went on it again in on your next trip! :goodvibes

Emma princess: x

Yeah it was such a let down. After the first hill it's just painful! That is so funny that you picked 'I Will Survive' :rotfl2:
Yeahhhhhhh going on it a second time was an even bigger mistake!!

one of the most entertaining TR ever!:cool1:

Thanks! Haha the Disnep thing has seriously never been lived down :rotfl:

I just want you to know that this trip report is so good that even after getting hardly any sleep and then waking up for a 6am shift, I STILL read your update before taking a nap! LOL

Awwwhhh that makes me all warm and fuzzy Lia! Where do you work again? That is so flippin early to be at work!!

Usually I get bored during non-Harry Potter Universal updates. I've only been to US twice and IoA never. But you're just so entertaining! Another FANTASTIC drawing by the way. You perfectly conveyed the pain of a ride like that *shudders* We have one like it at the Six Flags here and it's the worst so I feel your pain!

Haha I will try my best not to get boring on you! UGH so much pain!!! Seriously cried and lay on the grass after that stupid ride!
Yeah Six Flag has some headbangers for sure, they really need to retire some of those junky coasters!
You really need to get your butt to Universal one of these trips my dear!

a haha u guys r nutters I love it!!! sounds so fun!!

Haha yeah, you hit the nail on the head. It was fun and soggy and painful all at once :thumbsup2

Well, at least you did get wet like you wanted... just perhaps a little too wet. Isn't that always the case? :rotfl:

haha that really is ALWAYS the way! Same way the person in the raft who wants to stay dry is always the one the gets the wettest!

After your update, I'm feeling a little better that we missed Rip Ride Rockit. Being jostled around is never fun. :sick:

It is so rough!! I love coasters so much but that one was awful, in my books at least. You really didn't miss anything!

Hey guys hope everyone is having a lovely week!
Wedding Singer rehearsals are in full swing now and even though they are the best fun ever...they are very tiring and have been taking up all my DIS time.
We started choreography a few rehearsals ago and it's so full on! I haven't been so sweaty in a long time! So much fun though!
Also we move into my sisters place next weekend which will be another adventure altogether. Very excited about living there while she is over living it up European style!
ALSO we have decided we will definitely visit Josh's family for Christmas this year which means (in my mind) we can fly into LA for a few days and see DLR again (YAYYYYY), then we will have Christmas in San Fran, then New Years possibly in Vegas or Lake Tahoe, then 10 days in WDW (ARRRGGGHHHH) then a few days in NYC before flying home! That's right kids, double the castles of a normal vacay! We will also be accompanied for the WDW and NYC part by Bek, her sister Ashleigh and possibly Darcy and Tim! I know it's only March but the idea of this holiday is making me so giddy with happiness that it is ridiculous!
eeeeeeep!!
Ok onto the update.

Chapter 18

How To Kiss A Cow and How Not To Flirt

After we had spent a good few minutes recovering from the ride from hell we decided it would be a wise idea to choose a more laid back ride for our next attraction. We walked down the main street…(I feel like it's called Plaza of the Stars or Avenue of the stars?? Or something silly like that?)
And headed straight into…

TWISTER, Ride It Out.
Twister_zps6fd694e3.jpg

Now Twister was my favorite movie when it came out, I actually watched it daily for about a year and even changed my life goal to being a tornado chaser for a couple of years. I also lived in a white singlet and khaki shorts because in my mind Helen Hunt was the coolest person ever! Although I did get over my Twister/Helen Hunt obsession within a couple of years I will always have a soft spot for both in my heart!

We had no idea what this attraction was but it sounded like it could be a good time.:thumbsup2

We headed into the line which circles the building and heads to a little waiting area.

There is a cow in that waiting area.

The cow and I had a moment.

IMG_42032_zps6fc63767.jpg

Cows are actually my second favourite animal after merekats so it was pretty special for both parties.

Soon enough we headed into the preshow area, and then another preshow area…and then another.
They REALLY wanted to set the scene for this baby.
It seemed a little excessive, but hey I like to hear about Twisters so it’s okay by me!

The queue is actually pretty cool as it winds through a house that has been destroyed by a Tornado. Nice theming Universal. Kudos to you. Also Helen Hunt and Bill Paxton talk a bit about filming the movie and tornados in general which is informative and semi entertaining. The film was very dated BUT Helen did rock the good old khaki shorts and white singlet which warmed my heart a little.

Pretty much in Twister you watch a very dramatic Twister happen in front of you while you stand on this steel staircase structure. Its pretty great, and windy and wet…and the cow flies past which made me happy.

Pretty fun attraction in my books but it may not rate as highly with someone who didn’t have an intense obsession with Helz and her windy crew.

After that lovely experience we headed further down…that street and made our way towards The Mummy.

mummy_zps5190bab9.jpg

Our throbbing heads had calmed down as the drugs were kicking in.
Seriously NEVER hit up any theme parks with painkillers, they have saved the day so many times.

We entered the Mummy queue which was actually really creepy due to there being NO ONE ELSE IN THE LINE! It was weird! Even though it was a very crowded day there was no one in line for the mummy so we had to walk through the dark eerie line all on our lonesome. If anyone has been on this ride you will know it's a very long dark creepy queue so we hurried through it and didn't really appreciate the theming like we should have!
I had only ridden the LA version of this ride which is MUCH shorter and a little tamer in my opinion.
I actually tricked my mum (who HATES any kind of coaster) into going on that by saying it was just a slow jeep ride through a tomb.
I’m a horrible liar and a horrible daughter.
My mum still brings it up and blames her grey hair on it!

After we had sped around the tombs we decided it was time to get a bite to eat so we made our way to Mel's Drive In Diner.

PB190351_zps0d00ff34.jpg

Not too sure why I only took a picture at night but hey, there it is!!

I love any overly themed American style diners with the jukeboxes and the shakes and sodas. We have nothing like that here and it just feels so American. I LOVE it!
As we had ridden all the major rides we allowed ourselves to stuff our faces a little (read A LOT)
While we were cramming all that food down our throats Bek managed to catch the eye of a really cute guy a few tables away from us. He was checking her out quite obviously and smiling at her a LOT! Who would blame him?? She is so ridiculously cute and so lovely!! That girl is a gem!!
So Tim and I somehow convinced her to go over and ask him if he had been on RRR yet? And somehow start a conversation about how gawd awful it was and why such a popular ride was so terrible.
Bek agreed which is pretty funny because she is super shy, but I guess she had all that adrenaline pumping through her body from all the rides and a bit of extra holiday courage up her sleeve. She walked over to his table and was there for a few minutes before she sped back to us all flustered and embarrassed holding a bottle of ketchup!!!

DoodleBuddyiPad-7_zpsa4352c87.png

WHAT???
(apparently sometimes when you are embarrassed your legs disappear...)

The rest of the guys at the table were laughing but the guy she went to just had a sort of sad confused look on his face.
We asked her what happened but she said she would tell us when we were outside so we finished as quickly as we could and hurried outside.

Finally when they were out of earshot she told us.

HE DIDN’T SPEAK ANY ENGLISH!!!

Not one word. He may have been super flirty with his eyes and body language but that was clearly all he could offer. She said it was so awkward so she pretended she wanted to borrow ketchup! But they didn't even understand that so she just grabbed it and run back to us!

AHH I love Bek so much!!

This was hilarious! I mean if you knew how shy Bek was and how out of character it was for even go over to the table. Ahhh so great!! And we ended up with double ketchup which is always a good thing!

We kept seeing them around the park for the rest of the day and trying not to laugh. Poor cute foreign boy, so close and yet so far.

Next
We find out that pigs CAN fly and Discover the BEST QUEUE AREA EVER!!!!

OMG HAHAHAHA thats way too funny!!!I had an experience kinda like that once only it was at a bar so i couldnt grab ketchup lol,so i just pretended that i needed to know the time,I pointed to my wrist n the guy held out his hand ,I tilted my head to look at his watch gave him a thumbs up n went to walk away but he pulled me in closer to dance OMg it was so awkward!!!I'm sure I was as red as ketchup though .

I'm glad you are having such fun with The Wedding Singer! It sounds like a blast, and your trip next year sounds like the trip of a lifetime!! WOW!!! I hope to see you in NYC! :banana:

I remember that Twister attraction from back in the day. I thought it was cool too! I will now refer to that movie as "Helz and her windy crew" so thanks for that.

Wow, I didn't know they had a Mel's at Universal! Must be an homage to the famous one in Hollywood. It's the same 50's Americana theme which I LOVE. When I have a place of my own I really want a 50's kitchen!

POOR BEK LOL. Oh man. She goes out of her comfort zone and look what happens. I quite enjoy your artistic rendering of her embarrassment though, I gotta say.

:lmao: OMG, too funny!! I am not especially shy but even I can't imagine walking up to a stranger in a theme park and trying to flirt with them! Poor Bek

Just thought I should share...a large part of Twister was filmed near where I live. I used to pass by one of the houses frequently, I wonder if it's still there?? They needed extras while they were in the area and my brother got hired for a day. There was to be a scene at the beginning of Bill Paxton in the TV studio and my brother was a cameraman or something in that scene. Too bad for him it got cut!

That honestly sounds like the best trip ever! That will be FANTASTIC! I NEED TO GO TO DISNEYLAND. GOSH. Anyways, I'm glad to hear that play rehearsals are going well! Are you getting as sweaty as you did at DTD? ;) :laughing:

Hahah, your Twister obsession is perfect! I've never seen the movie (I'M SORRY) but I really do remember seeing commercials for it. :thumbsup2

Omg, poor Bek. Hopefully soon she'll meet a cute non-foreign and very-English speaking guy.

LOVE the Mummy!! Probably my favorite ride in all of Universal! The first time we rode it, I had no idea it was an indoor roller coaster either, so I can totally sympathize with your mom. What a surprise it is when you start whipping around in the dark in there!

Poor Bek!!! Oh my gosh, how embarrassing. :blush::blush:

To see two castles during the same holiday - Epic!! Your plan sounds amazing! ::yes::

ha ha, the ketchup cover up was great! At least she thought of something quickly.

To quote the Twister movie in our house is absoutely normal - COW! Another COW - same cow!! Great stuff!

Oh my gosh, what are the odds of that?! Tell Bek she did a great job coming up with the ketchup cover! :cool1:

What excellent news about multiple Disney adventures on the horizon! Hopefully this means you also have more hilarious trip reports in your (and our) future? :goodvibes

FINALLY!! I definitely found your TR earlier and started reading it to get caught up, then bookmarked it to read later and somehow completely missed it and never got back to it because I’m a horrible person!

NOW, I’m here and ready to roll, thank you work for having nothing to do! Lol.

Cliff and luna bars are definitely a favorite staple of mine! They’re usually what I bring with me down to Disney to eat in the morning! Saves money and precious rope drop time!

Dear god moth city sounds absolutely horrible! That is seriously impressive that the wallet and pillow were still there! That’s insane! Your hitchhiker story reminds me of some looney toons movie I was terrified as a child thakns to them picking upa hitchhiker that had a chainsaw and I think it was Daffy that was all “he’s gonna kill us”. That is quite the ordeal!!

Wow, you guys had quite the adventure just getting to Disney, I mean, I understand why security precautions are in place, but really, that’s insane!! Glad everything worked out in the end!
Ahaha road trip shenanigans, gotta love the over tired hyper crazyness! The trust falls seriously sound hilarious, I may have to instigate that next road trip!

Your drawings are awesome, just sayin! Also the awesome gas station looks awesome! Showers?! How cool!

Yay for finally being DISNEY DAY! After such a long road trip I’m sure it was very appreciated! Ahahahaah the amount of times that Paige and I cried over our last trip is seriously insane, like, we actually cried at least once a day, there’s just so much magic happening everywhere it’s awesome! Thank god for sunnies otherwise everyone would see our make up streaked faces! Ah! The amount of times I’ve elbowed a kid in the head completely by accident because they’re way too close is astounding, like, back up!

Ahahaha, how funny about Disnep, I mean, I always thought the D was some weird G thing going on there, but that’s just awesome! That looks like a pretty good first day in MK, I gotta say it’s the best place for people watching!!

I have to say, Epcot is always the hottest day of the trip, I don’t know why, but when you’re in WS, it’s just DEATH BY SUN every dang time.

BAHA! The ridiculous amounts of round abouts, that’s a pretty good summary of Australia right there! I did go to seaworld up in the gold coast, that was pretty awesome!

Lol, no one’s good at counting and math in the morning, it’s okay! Haha. I have yet to do KRR, and don’t think I do, I know I’d somehow be the one that gets soaked, boourns to the crabby pants on the ride! I am, by far, one of those people that starts the trend of ringing the bells, I do it every ride, and there’s usually a bunch of kids that realize it’s okay and then want to do it thanks to me, baha! Your ride on dinosaur sounds like pretty much every time I go on it! I hate that thing!

Ahahah, single rider line adventures galore! These stories are great! Wow that sucks about having to walk from the employee entrance! Ugh! Lol!! Hilarious fliriting story! That’s awesomely funny!

Welp, I’ve certainly had my fair share of things to say, but I’m al caught up now, looking forward to more!

Loving the trip report! The drawings are hilarious!! The road trip was a riot. I once drove from SoCal to New Orleans and Texas steals the feeling from you that you might be getting anywhere. And a tumbleweed bigger than my car almost took us out. Also I lived in northern Arizona for a while and have witnessed the moth storms. So very weird and creepy. The insects took turns being plauge-like. One year everywhere we drove we squashed grasshoppers.

Can't wait for the rest. Really one of the funniest I have read.

EDIT: As some of you have questioned what a mongoose is I am now doubting that it was one. If anyone knows what else it could have been please feel free to chime in!

It definitely wasn't a mongoose unless it had escaped from AK, as the mongoose is not native to the US.

Based on the pic that you posted (even though it was not an actual pic of the animal you saw) it most likely would have been a river otter.

I bet the Wedding Singer is keeping you super busy, but I miss your hilariousness!!! Hope you update soon & that everything is going well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter