Alligator Roadkill Was Just The Beginning!!! Updated 2nd May!!

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by Aussiesalad, Aug 13, 2012.

1. mmeb144

mmeb144 I do my own theme song.

I love your illustrations of your bathroom pitstop and trust falls. Very nice! I can't wait to read your adventures when you actually arrive at your destination. They will probably sound pretty mundane compared to the journey. :rotfl:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. shan23877

shan23877 I make lists about my lists

This is one of the most entertaining TRs I've ever read.

Bathroom stories aren't bothering me, they're funny! As a person who's done her business on the side of many a highway, I commend you for trying to find a gas station!

I understand where you're coming from being glad that you DH doesn't sing show tunes. A good audience is all a girl needs.

I did enjoy the Conan/trust fall story. Anyone who's ever been delirious in a car should too. It's funny!

I wish that my younger self had the opportunity to road trip with you and your friends. Sounds like fun!

4. SoNotAPrincess

SoNotAPrincess Disney Diva

I love Conan O'Brien, too! Have you seen "Crazy Stupid Love"? Emma Stone does a very cute spiel about her love for Conan, and I totally get it it.

Anyone who's ever done a road trip knows the terror of not being able to find a bathroom! As for The Slushee Incident...live and learn!

But you're in FLORIDA, edging closer to Orlando, where GPS' are known to be woefully inaccurate! :scared1:

BTW, Broadway, Disney and Glee tunes! I heartily concur with the soundtrack to your road trip!

And "I kept chugging red bulls and coffee and lollies in good faith that sugar and caffeine was all I needed in life" is a classic! :rotfl2:

5. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

I have SO been there!

At least you were in control of your own destiny. I used to fear for my cousins who would go on a roadtrip with their Navy Officer dad. Who REFUSED to stop. No matter what.

Love love love the soundtrack. Makes me want to play some Glee at the gym today. Might just have to, would lessen the pain of going.

I'm impressed anyone could catch anyone in that sleep deprived state. But yes, I find it hilarious. Makes me wistful for chinese fire drills.

Great update and especially fab illustrations!

6. heatherlekay

heatherlekay Earning My Ears

Hilarious so far! I'm all caught up and joining in.
    We drive across TX regularly so I totally get what you mean about feeling like you age 10 years before you see another state:thumbsup2

7. cheekypoppins

cheekypoppins DIS Veteran

please dont tell me josh dropped you ,I mean i hope its not that kind of unthinkable AGGGHHHHH

8. jane2073

jane2073 DIS Veteran

I love the illustrations!!

We have driven I-10. Not fun! I completely get the feeling of getting to Florida and thinking you are almost there! But no! You still have to drive and drive on I-10. And then drive a lot more on I-75. And then drive even more on I-4. It gets to be a sick never ending joke. Florida doesn't look that big! :)

9. HoliPoli

HoliPoli Disney Addict

I named my GPS Dolores! :rotfl2:

popcorn:: Reading on...

10. Backstage_Gal

Backstage_Gal <font color=darkorchid>Let me rephrase the dog ste

that was a funny update. OMG, I couldn't go for more than 2 hours without a bathroom break (but then again, im not 20-something anymore)

11. shan23877

shan23877 I make lists about my lists

I forgot to mention how much I enjoyed your illustrations as well. I literally laughed out loud when I realized what you did. Fantastic!

12. Nermel9

Nermel9 DIS Veteran

Ughhhh isn't having to pee and not finding a bathroom the WORST? The states in the south are so big that you can drive forever and not find one! Slushees sound good when it's so hot, but not when you're cramped in a car with no toilet access! :laughing:

OMG I almost thought for a second that when the gas station guy saw you in the field, you were going to say he pulled a shotgun out or something! :eek: I'm so glad he gave you the keys and you got to go! :dance3:

It's so funny how you think "yay we're in Florida, Disney is just around the corner" only to have hours of driving left! :scared1: It's so discouraging! I can understand why you guys had to pull over and do trust falls, it almost seems like if you didn't, you might have all gone a little insane! :crazy2:

13. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

The amazing thing is, from your narrative, this is exactly how I pictured it! ::yes::

I loved the "trust falls" story. I'm sure that was hilarious, in the crazy state you were all in. :laughing:

Florida is the same thing when you drive into it from the north -- you hit the state line and you're all "Woo Hoo" :woohoo: And then you continue to drive, and drive, and drive.... [​IMG]

14. LuvindisCruiser

LuvindisCruiser DIS Veteran

Your drawings are cracking me up, while my family thinks I am going crazy giggling to myself ! :rotfl2:

I kinda don't want the road trip to end, I am enjoying this drive ! popcorn::

15. Mom&RN

Mom&RN Mouseketeer

I love your illustrations - they really add to the story. I like that you gave you and your friends bad, been in the car too long, hair!

16. amazingact21

amazingact21 Upendi

Oh man, having to go the bathroom on carrides is the worst! I usually dehydrate myself because I don't want to have to deal with it. :rotfl2: And in Louisiana they don't even have rest stops, which for a germaphobe like me is terrible.
    At least FL is pretty good and has them every 30 to 60 miles or so. But I'll keep the no-slurpee advice in mind for the future. :rotfl:

Since I live in the panhandle of FL I had to laugh when you said you got all excited about thinking you were really close to Disney. It's kind of a joke where I live how big FL really is, especially since you pretty much have to go across the state, then down to get to Orlando. In your defense, though, on the map, the state does look pretty small.

17. marDgreen88

marDgreen88 DIS Veteran

I finally got a chance to get started on your TR, and once I started I couldn't stop! You are seriously hilarious... I could NOT stop laughing throughout this whole TR and you haven't even arrived at Disney yet! I can't wait for more!!!

18. EvangelineG

EvangelineG Mouseketeer

Subbing in because I can't wait to hear what happens next! Great TR so far. :)

19. Aussiesalad

Aussiesalad Totes Mcgoats

Haha thanks!! I do way too many terrible caffeine fuelled illustrations on long car trips!! Trust me, our week there was anything but mundane:banana:

Watch out or we will rope you into our next crazy trip!!:lmao:

Haha thanks!! Everyone loves the product of sleep deprivation and an ipad

Ahhhhh it goes on forever and ever!! That is honestly how it felt :laughing:

20. Aussiesalad

Haha actually now you mention it, Josh did drop me on the ground several times but no... it's MUCH worse :laughing:

Ahhh I know!!! It just keeps going!! We were soooo excited when we finally got to Florida, I had NO idea it was that massive!! :confused3[/I]

Haha thanks, it wasn't funny at the time- at least not the post-slushee bit!
    Yeah it was VERY ambitious of us to think we could last four hours :rotfl:

Awh thanks!! Josh got me the ipad a while back and on roadtrips it just becomes my drawing pad for ridiculous sleep deprived pictures :lmao:

21. Aussiesalad

Awh thanks! A few more coming up- although they get crazier as the drive goes on! I am glad you appreciate the realistic hair in the drawing. Ugh it was so disgusting at that stage of the drive!! I really had no idea how bad hair could smell before this trip...ick!

It was so ridiculous. Especially when I think back about how freakin excited we were to get to Florida. Literally thinking we were almost there!
    Haha I love reading about your drives down, I just wish I had found them before my trip- might have had a more realistic view of Florida.
    Yes yes... lets blame the map:rolleyes1

Yayy!! Welcome!!! So glad you joined :goodvibes
    Yeah it was such a ridiculous trip, I still can't believe some of the stuff that happened (and the fact we didn't die along the way)
    But it was the most amazing I've been on by far!!!

Hope you enjoy the rest!

Welcome!! Thanks for joining!
    I can't wait to lay down the rest of the story- it was such a crazy trip :lmao: