• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Alli and Cole's 08/13/2015 SBP Escape w/ F! DP - Updated 09/29 Professional Photos Up!!!

OMG I'm soooooo excited right now. I just got an email from Shoes of Prey and they upgraded me to free express production!!! They already shipped them out! I'll have them in my hands in just a couple of days! I'm so excited I'm basically vibrating in bed trying not to wake up my fiancé. I cannot wait to see them!!!!!
:banana:

MY SHOES SRE HERE!!!!!!!!! Yesterday I got up and found a package on my kitchen counter... My shoes had arrived while I was sleeping (of course today I found out that my fiancé had actually found them sitting on our doorstep. Custom shoes worth over $400 just sitting on our doorstep on a day with lots of rain in the forecast! They're fine but really...) I immediately opened mine up and tried them on and they fit great! They're a smidge big but I ordered them a 1/4 size large on purpose and as you'll see it really isn't a big deal. Since the packaging and presentation is so gorgeous I thought I'd walk you through the opening of my sister's shoes (here Sam this is what they look like lol!)
The outside of the boxes
e7fab553b0204f7e955a75a6011faa07.jpg

The inside with the gorgeous picture of the shoes and three postcards with discount codes for 10%
3dbfed861d7de5638cef43d0e9261b1d.jpg

The shoe bag with the Shoes of Prey logo
f1089b8a3d1eb882ad57bd1ca0bd189f.jpg

Bag and the included foot bed pads and extra heel caps
7135769b276673e04b355c0c286849a0.jpg

Sam's shoes!
2f27342d25457416c6e2722afb80ab49.jpg

Another view
005e714eff3f70021daaffd9a2cdfc97.jpg

Picture of my shoes
43a23561c4e1bd4543ba6598350f5b4d.jpg

My shoes!!!
05c49f5ae5f0e1e038dbf5493f966046.jpg

Second view
a773555c71132b4d411bb1e0b6e8b99c.jpg

Amazing heel view
5b2d2eedc8a6a1814affc37f2157c508.jpg
I'm so happy with how they turned out! I also found a piece that could work as a cake topper if Disney doesn't have one I've been looking for
8226cbef6b9fa124b7339867b7b88a56.jpg
adabc1323ecd2ee4d359f85684382275.jpg
I quite like it. Now I just have to keep myself busy until I can call in December to be penciled in for our date! Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Pretty Shoes!!! Now we just have to have a day off together so I can try them on! :rotfl:

I like the cake topper but love the Ariel as a mermaid one so I still hope Disney has that one that they can offer you! Then you just put both on a shelf with a few other wedding things after the wedding and voila! cool decor :lmao:

Love how the shoes turned out! :) I've been thinking of getting a pair through them for the wedding, since I want something comfortable..and blue. Did you know it's actually really hard to find navy blue mary jane style shoes? :eek: Especially if you want them to be wedges? I finally found a pair that I had decided I'd just go and try, and they were sold out. -.-

So, if you want to pass on one of the 10% codes... :hyper:

Looking forward to hearing more! And you'll have to let us know how comfortable those really are.

Love how the shoes turned out! :) I've been thinking of getting a pair through them for the wedding, since I want something comfortable..and blue. Did you know it's actually really hard to find navy blue mary jane style shoes? :eek: Especially if you want them to be wedges? I finally found a pair that I had decided I'd just go and try, and they were sold out. -.- So, if you want to pass on one of the 10% codes... :hyper: Looking forward to hearing more! And you'll have to let us know how comfortable those really are.

I actually took a pair of navy Mary Janes with me to try on dresses that were really cute - I bought them off Modcloth - but they weren't wedges.

I only tried them on for a minute but I found them to be extremely comfortable and the materials to be excellent quality. If you're serious about the discount code I'd be happy to PM it to you.

That goes for anyone else too - if you're thinking about getting shoes through Shoes of Prey I'd be happy to pass on the discount codes to the first three people who PM me.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

PM sent, Alli!

And funny you mentioned ModCloth. That's who I had been looking through (and who sold out of what I wanted).

So ever since I ordered my dress I've been having second thoughts... Not about the dress (I still know I love it) but about the size I ordered it in. The sample I tried on was an 8 and it was a MAJOR squeeze I never thought I'd get it up over my generous behind (which ironically is one of the reasons I think the dress looks good on me) but it went. When I went to the shop to order it and she measured me I was exactly between a 10 and a 12 in all of my measurements. I decided I wanted to be safe and ordered the 12... Because the 8 was soooo tight on my hips and butt and I'm not particularly likely to get smaller in either area. I tend to yo yo a bit but mostly in my tummy and I was at about my midpoint when I was measured/ordered. But ever since I've been completely freaking out thinking I should have ordered the 10 (the girl in the shop where I tried it on said she would have ordered me one size up though she didn't measure me and only laced me into the dress she didn't see the struggle to get it on) and thinking that because I ordered up I'm now going to pay a fortune for alterations...

Has anyone else gone through this? Can anyone offer a little moral support? I've literally already had multiple nightmares about this and my dress won't even be here until January. I can't even book my wedding until January for that matter...

Don't worry about your dress. I'd rather it be taken in than having to squeeze or have to have it expanded.

Most wedding dresses are much smaller than their size says. You love the dress. It will be perfect!

What fun to look forward to after the holidays!

Enjoy this time. Dress is picked, ordered, now focus on other things. No worries.

Don't worry about your dress. I'd rather it be taken in than having to squeeze or have to have it expanded. Most wedding dresses are much smaller than their size says. You love the dress. It will be perfect! What fun to look forward to after the holidays! Enjoy this time. Dress is picked, ordered, now focus on other things. No worries.

Thanks Lynne that makes me feel a bit better. When I ordered it I has the same 'I'd rather it was too big than too small' thought but I keep having these horrible nightmares and its freaking me out so much!

So ever since I ordered my dress I've been having second thoughts... Not about the dress (I still know I love it) but about the size I ordered it in. The sample I tried on was an 8 and it was a MAJOR squeeze I never thought I'd get it up over my generous behind (which ironically is one of the reasons I think the dress looks good on me) but it went. When I went to the shop to order it and she measured me I was exactly between a 10 and a 12 in all of my measurements. I decided I wanted to be safe and ordered the 12... Because the 8 was soooo tight on my hips and butt and I'm not particularly likely to get smaller in either area. I tend to yo yo a bit but mostly in my tummy and I was at about my midpoint when I was measured/ordered. But ever since I've been completely freaking out thinking I should have ordered the 10 (the girl in the shop where I tried it on said she would have ordered me one size up though she didn't measure me and only laced me into the dress she didn't see the struggle to get it on) and thinking that because I ordered up I'm now going to pay a fortune for alterations...

Has anyone else gone through this? Can anyone offer a little moral support? I've literally already had multiple nightmares about this and my dress won't even be here until January. I can't even book my wedding until January for that matter...

Oh I went through exactly this...my measurements were EXACT for a certain size and the consultant insisted on getting a size up. My mother was not thrilled with her push, and I worried about the same thing. My mother was a bit annoyed with me for not insisting on getting the size I measured for...but like someone else mentioned, it is easier to take in a dress than to start pulling it apart for allowance, you know? In the end, my dress fit nicely and they were able to easily do alterations, and they even added some detail to my dress free of charge, however alteration costs don't necessarily ever come in cheap whether they need to size up or size down. Alterations can be very expensive regardless...my only regret with my dress is that I wore a sort of corset under it that I really didn't need and it caused the silky dress to shift on my body a bit no matter how snug it fit. The bottom line is, they will fit the dress to you until you are happy with it...don't settle when it's time for alterations, if something isn't right, speak up..
For me personally, I probably should've gotten the smaller size because the measurements were exact (not in between) but the peace of mind knowing the dress would be custom fit to my size was worth it. :thumbsup2

First I want to thank you guys for your reassurance on my dress. I feel a lot better about it and I haven't had a nightmare about it since reading your stories so that's helped too.

Now my mind was wandering at work tonight (I'm sure I'm the only one that ever happens to haha) and I started thinking about how long it was to my wedding and I suddenly realized it is only about nine and a half months away. For some reason since we started planning for August 13th I'd been thinking I'd be able to book it in January at eight months out and to call in December (nine months out) to be penciled in. Now I'm not sure why I thought this - maybe because when I was thinking about it August is the eighth month so in my mind January is eight months out - maybe because when my sister started planning for her August wedding you booked at nine months out and it changed to the current schedule in the middle of her planning... Now she booked in December too but we were thinking the dates changed after she booked but it must have changed before because guys.....

I can call and be penciled in just 19 days from now!!! Holy cow does planning seem WAY more real to me suddenly!

I also promised to share some of my etsy finds and I will still do that but I flatly refuse to do it from my iPad... For some reason if I minimize the DisBoards app on my iPad - say to go to photobucket - when I reopen it the letter part of my keyboard is blank. If I switch to the number part that's all there and even the period and comma on the regular keyboard are there but all the letters are missing. Now you can still type but you have to guess at all the letters which is a little annoying so I'm finally going to have to learn to use my MacBook and start updating from there.

If anyone else is planning as August Escape wedding some of the waiting is almost over you can be penciled in very soon!!!

So I've been in love with Regina Hyman's photography since she was still with Disney. I absolutely LOVE her style. I'd contacted her months ago about doing our wedding and she said she still had our date available and now that I'm getting close I reached out to her again and she still has our date open so here's to hoping in a month and a half I'll have a photographer signed for my wedding!

Regina is super sweet - if you can get her, I think you'll really like her. :thumbsup2 Isn't it crazy when you realize how close you are to penciling in and booking? :goodvibes

As you guys know I've been having some anxiety about my dress... Not that I think it's the wrong dress but that I'm worried I ordered the wrong size. I also have been kinda bummed since at my first appointment I very clearly said that while I was strongly leaning towards a mermaid style dress I was desperate to try on at least one giant ball gown and all she pulled were mermaids. I didn't even really occur to me that day but even the next day when I went in to get measured I went up stairs to look at veils and the first thing I said was that I wished I'd tried on a ball gown. The consultant was really sweet and offered to let me try a couple but considering that I had literally ordered my dress five minutes before I thought that would be silly but every time I get asked about my shopping experience I say I had a great time and chose the perfect dress but that I wish I'd at least gotten to try on a ball gown... after all how often do you get to wear a ball gown. After talking to my sister we decided we'd make an appointment and go check out our local David's Bridal as they have some reasonable prices and some really nice dresses. We went this afternoon and I tried on a BUNCH of ball gowns which made me really happy and although I'd thought about buying one for my in-park shoots since I think a couple of them would look AMAZING around World Showcase it just wasn't practical to have two long dresses.

Some pictures of our fun

This one was my favourite for most of the day. I LOVED the details on the bodice

Then a Vera Wang White dress because why not? Also we totally thought it looked like a Belle dress

Sam really liked this one but I liked the detailing on the first one better

We both REALLY liked this one too (which surprised Sam - she's not a fan of pickups) plus again this one gave us a MAJOR Belle vibe. And that train is AMAZING!

Then Sam pointed out this Oleg Cassini short dress she loved and said I should try it on when it hit me... There had been an Alfred Angelo dress I was really excited about trying on that was a long fit & flare/mermaid that zipped off into a sheath dress that we thought would have been so fun... Maybe I should check out some short dresses and just use it for either the dessert party or the at home reception or maybe if I get a Hollywood Studios in park shoot...

Short Dresses:

This short drop waist was fun but not super figure flattering on me (plus they gave me a long line bra with a band size smaller than what I wear so I was completely squished in the back which didn't help when the dresses were actually fitting me quite well

This was the Oleg Cassini dress Sam had originally spotted. It was actually the last one I tried on and gave us a MAJOR Alice in Wonderland feel. Also the words Audrey Hepburn were thrown around a few times. Absolutely gorgeous and classic but not the exact vintage vibe I was going for.

Sam said it best - that dress was very Audrey but I'm generally more of a Vivianne Leigh... which I found in this dress!!!

Girls I can't begin to explain to you how absolutely FABULOUS I felt in this dress! It is so completely classic, the detailing on the side is beautiful with lots of pearls. I actually tried it on with this amazing little fascinator that gave a perfect '40s vibe...

So on Sunday (my next day off) I'm going in to get measured and order that dress and at $159 dollars it's a total steal and non-bridal enough I can wear it to other occasions (a nice dinner with a great jacket for instance) For comparison's sake the Oleg Cassini was $800 which for a completely unplanned second dress was a little much but if you're looking for a vintage tea length dress the detailing was impeccable and the lace was very soft (that was a major deal for me as I hate tops that come up to my throat they make me claustrophobic and if they are uncomfortable it's 100x worse).

Have any of you lovely ladies "accidentally" gone shopping and bought a second dress? The good news is when I got home and emailed the pictures to my mom she emailed me back within 10 minutes and said that both her and my dad loved the short dress and thought it would be really neat! Reassure me I'm not crazy ladies! :rotfl2:

It's funny how easy you can tell which dresses you really liked from your face. :goodvibes You looked absolutely amazing in many of those (including the one you're going to go ahead and order!), and you looked like you were having a blast. I really like the one you're going with as a second dress - it fits you really well! :upsidedow

While I won't be buying a second dress, per se, I am going to probably buy a short dress from AA's bridesmaid/special occasion dresses (one of the lace overlays with a colored gown under) to use for the dessert party and our dinner and V&A on our trip. :flower3: It's not much more than the one you're going with ($179, I think), and it'll be nice to have a nice dress I really like. :blush: Raist liked it too.

So I went in on Sunday and I bought the short dress. It cost $166 with tax and I totally think it was worth it. I've really been leaning towards a Fantasmic! dessert Party lately and I think this would make for some amazing pictures on Sunset Boulevard if we could sneak some in! Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

So I went in on Sunday and I bought the short dress. It cost $166 with tax and I totally think it was worth it. I've really been leaning towards a Fantasmic! dessert Party lately and I think this would make for some amazing pictures on Sunset Boulevard if we could sneak some in! Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

For that price, it's totally worth it. Like you said, it's rewearable, so you'll definitely get your money's worth out of it.:thumbsup2

It's funny how easy you can tell which dresses you really liked from your face. :goodvibes You looked absolutely amazing in many of those (including the one you're going to go ahead and order!), and you looked like you were having a blast. I really like the one you're going with as a second dress - it fits you really well! :upsidedow

While I won't be buying a second dress, per se, I am going to probably buy a short dress from AA's bridesmaid/special occasion dresses (one of the lace overlays with a colored gown under) to use for the dessert party and our dinner and V&A on our trip. :flower3: It's not much more than the one you're going with ($179, I think), and it'll be nice to have a nice dress I really like. :blush: Raist liked it too.

I might steal this idea for a rehearsal dinner dress. I love some of the AA bridesmaid dresses!

For that price, it's totally worth it. Like you said, it's rewearable, so you'll definitely get your money's worth out of it.:thumbsup2 I might steal this idea for a rehearsal dinner dress. I love some of the AA bridesmaid dresses!

I actually was looking at buying one (or two) of David's Bridal's bridesmaid dresses since they have them on sale for $59 or something like that right now.

Well I called and got penciled in first thing this morning then finally went to bed. She just took down our date and preferred location though not my time preference. She promised someone would be in touch in 2-3 business days (so early next week) to get us booked - which seems to be a month early but jives with what I'd recently read on their site that they were booking Escapes 9 months out and not just penciling people in. I'll let you all know what happens when they call me next week!

Well I called and got penciled in first thing this morning then finally went to bed. She just took down our date and preferred location though not my time preference. She promised someone would be in touch in 2-3 business days (so early next week) to get us booked - which seems to be a month early but jives with what I'd recently read on their site that they were booking Escapes 9 months out and not just penciling people in. I'll let you all know what happens when they call me next week! Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Yay!!! You're on your way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter