• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Allergy friendly lunch on the Dream

jasko5990

In Valor There Is Hope
Does anyone know if any of the table service restaurants are open at lunch time on the Dream? My wife & daughter each have a long list of food allergies with strong cross contamination issues. This will make buffet dining very limited & difficult, and "quick service" dining just about impossible. I figure the table service restaurants are their best option at lunch since their food can essentially be made to order.

With the exception of embarkation day, one sit down restaurant is open for breakfast and lunch each day. The Dream and Fantasy have a separate "allergy kitchen" for special preparation.

OK, first add the allergy notation to your reservation. THen when you go to lunch on the first day, identify yourself to the head server--he or the chef will talk to you and bring you food from "untouched" containers in the galley or fix something for your family. Your assigned team will again review the issues with you at dinner that night.

OK, from that time on, when you go to the dining room everyone is asked for your room number. When you give the number, an "allergy alert" will appear on their screen, prompting then to again have you taken care of by the chef or head server. In many cases, you are provided with tomorrow night's menu so you can select something to be prepared in advance or altered to meet the needs of your family. And don't hesitate to ask about going "off menu". They'll meet your desires if at all possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter