All this talk about BBQ...what about Bubbalou's?

sksjasams

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if Bubbalou's is good. I'm sure it wouldn't be as good as 4 Rivers, but is it still good?

It looks to be convenient for dinner on a Universal park day.

Thanks for your input!

I'm not sure but I just bought a $25 certificate for bubbaque's on restaurant.com for $4. I'm going to try it in a couple weeks..does anyone know how far of a drive it is from Disney. I haven't been to universal yet so I wasn't sure how far it is. We are staying at animal kingdom lodge hopefully it's not too far of a drive.

Just wondering if Bubbalou's is good. I'm sure it wouldn't be as good as 4 Rivers, but is it still good?

Thanks for your input!

We ate at the one in Kirkman on Conroy...I think that's the one you're talking about.

It's good BBQ. It's certainly better than anything you get at pretty much all of the chain BBQ places, IMHO.

It's not GREAT BBQ. At least not the few times we've eaten there.

Keep in mind, I'm a BBQ snob...so YMMV.

It's certainly a good option for dinner, though.

I'm not sure but I just bought a $25 certificate for bubbaque's on restaurant.com for $4. I'm going to try it in a couple weeks..does anyone know how far of a drive it is from Disney. I haven't been to universal yet so I wasn't sure how far it is. We are staying at animal kingdom lodge hopefully it's not too far of a drive.

Really, it depends on traffic.

With "normal" traffic (ie: not rush hour)...it'll take about 25 to 30 minutes from most of the I-4 WDW exits to BBB's. Depending on where you're staying...add the time it takes to get from your resort to I-4.

Hold on..back up...

You got a certificate for BUBBAQUE'S? NOT Bubbalou's Bodacious Barbeque? Right? They're 2 different places.

Can't help you there...never been there.

Thanks for your input!

My BIL lives there and recommended them for a dinner but we never made it. Let us know how it was if you go.

pilferk said:
Hold on..back up...

You got a certificate for BUBBAQUE'S? NOT Bubbalou's Bodacious Barbeque? Right? They're 2 different places.

Can't help you there...never been there.

Oops! I read the post too fast. Sorry,I thought it said Bubbaque's.

Oops! I read the post too fast. Sorry,I thought it said Bubbaque's.

And I was just all excited to run over to restaurant.com and purchase my certificate! My family really likes Bubbalous! We ate their a year ago and the owner/manager/person in charge gave us free deserts! We were talking to him and told him we just arrived from Chicago and this was our first stop!

I do not think that is Bubbalou's but rather bubbasbbq not the same thing. I have a lot of credit on restaurant.com and I scoured it about a month ago and Bubbalou's was not there unless something has changed.

Go to 4 Rivers it has them all beat by a MILE!! I also love Yellow Dog Eats but it is more crunchy granola than 4R. The ribs at 4R are by far the best and until I went there I would have fought anyone in a duel if they said Bubbalou's were not the best!

Thanks for your input!

Yes, it's good. The original one is close to my home. We have bought from them for large parties many times and eat lunch there from time to time for many years now.

:thumbsup2

Another thumbs up for Bubbalou's from me! In fact, we've begun to make it a tradition to have at least one meal from there while on vacation. We've either coordinated picking up dinner after visiting USO/IOA and taking it back to our villa or traveling the 20 mins. or so on one of our "down days" to pick up dinner. The catfish is pretty good too IMO, and I'm not a huge catfish fan. It's also across the street from the UPS store that you pick up your Undercover Tourist ticket order from too! The only thing that was a little annoying to me (but wasn't really a big deal) was, it can get a little difficult to park because the shopping center that it's located in also has a night club in it that's apparently popular. We usually end up parking on the Walgren's lot on the side closet to Bubbalou's because someone in our group usually needs something in there as well.

So I can't wait to try 4 River's if they can beat out Bubbalou's! Did I read in another thread that 4R's also has good desserts too?! Gotta go find & re-read that thread again.

:thumbsup2

Another thumbs up for Bubbalou's from me! In fact, we've begun to make it a tradition to have at least one meal from there while on vacation. We've either coordinated picking up dinner after visiting USO/IOA and taking it back to our villa or traveling the 20 mins. or so on one of our "down days" to pick up dinner. The catfish is pretty good too IMO, and I'm not a huge catfish fan. It's also across the street from the UPS store that you pick up your Undercover Tourist ticket order from too! The only thing that was a little annoying to me (but wasn't really a big deal) was, it can get a little difficult to park because the shopping center that it's located in also has a night club in it that's apparently popular. We usually end up parking on the Walgren's lot on the side closet to Bubbalou's because someone in our group usually needs something in there as well.

So I can't wait to try 4 River's if they can beat out Bubbalou's! Did I read in another thread that 4R's also has good desserts too?! Gotta go find & re-read that thread again.

It was me who wrote the thread about 4 R and the desserts and YES they have fantastic desserts as well as fried Oreos. One of the cakes I saw was literally a foot high! I just do not think you will be able to eat dessert after the meal . Iwent in with every intention of getting a bunch of stuff but I could not even look at it on the way out I was so full. I got ribs and the meat melts off the bone. You might get the sliders because they are like a sampler (and the name "slider" is a misnomer they are really 3 full size sandwiches.

I just do not think you will be able to eat dessert after the meal . Iwent in with every intention of getting a bunch of stuff but I could not even look at it on the way out I was so full.

Well...after reading your tips, now I can plan accordingly and either eat less (yeah...riiiight lol) or plan to take it with me. That's why I LOVE these boards. You can learning from others "mistakes" :laughing:.

You might get the sliders because they are like a sampler (and the name "slider" is a misnomer they are really 3 full size sandwiches.

:eek: Wow!

Thanks Bella!

Well...after reading your tips, now I can plan accordingly and either eat less (yeah...riiiight lol) or plan to take it with me. That's why I LOVE these boards. You can learning from others "mistakes" :laughing:.

:eek: Wow!

Thanks Bella!

LOL! I wish you lived near me so you could bring me back some...I have to wait a whole year before more ribs...btw do not waste you time on the sides they are good but prevent you from dessert.

Honestly...I think and most of my co-workers agree...the main difference between 4Rivers and Bubbalou's is the brisket. Everything else is pretty much the same and not a lot of difference but the brisket at 4Rivers seems to be head and shoulders above the competition. If you aren't a fan of the brisket or want to order anything else on the menu, I don't think you'd go wrong with anything at either place. The ice cream at 4Rivers is good...we had Airplane Cookie ice cream which tasted a little like Butter Pecan. I guess they have different flavors depending on the day of the week and their other desserts looked very good.

Bubblou's is convenient to the tourist area while 4Rivers is off the beaten path a bit.

Honestly...I think and most of my co-workers agree...the main difference between 4Rivers and Bubbalou's is the brisket. Everything else is pretty much the same and not a lot of difference but the brisket at 4Rivers seems to be head and shoulders above the competition. If you aren't a fan of the brisket or want to order anything else on the menu, I don't think you'd go wrong with anything at either place. The ice cream at 4Rivers is good...we had Airplane Cookie ice cream which tasted a little like Butter Pecan. I guess they have different flavors depending on the day of the week and their other desserts looked very good.

Bubblou's is convenient to the tourist area while 4Rivers is off the beaten path a bit.

Thanks for that info. MW! It's all good to know when you're actually there trying to make choices, depending on schedules, time of day & where you are when making decisions :thumbsup2 .

I've learned that I like "off the beaten path", and with our next trip being our 4th time in Orlando/Kissimmee, I'm planning on building some "off the beaten path" time in...so it may work.

I LOVE options :cloud9: !

entertainment book has a 5.00 coupon for bubblous...and if you go on line you can get a two dollar one if you sign up....not reall a lot but every penny helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter