All this food removed?? Only during FD??

Disneyof3

<font color=deeppink>Mother of my 3 angels, heaven
:confused3:confused3:confused3

I've been away from the board for about 2 weeks and when I got on today WOW!!!:scared1::scared1:. The things people are mentioning about food being removed from the DDP, is this just during Free Dining or are these thing permanently gone?? I keep hearing that this is only during FD and things will go back to normal after FD. I'm not going during FD but I'am thinking of going again in March and need to know if DDP with the price increase is worth it to us.:confused3

I do not see that anything has been removed recently with the exception of some permutations of the Goofy's Candy Co. make your own snacks, and that change is likely permanent - it's my guess that these items got way too popular with DDP users.

We ate in 10 or 11 different TS locations last week and I didn't notice anything missing nor were we given special "free dining" menus.

As far as snacks go on the DDP, the only official ones are those listed on the brochure. If Disney removes any of the hundreds of other items under $4.00, they have that right and no one has the right to complain about it. Those were "gimme's" for the past few years, and it should not be a dealbreaker for anyone's vacation.

As far as menu items at the TS locations, as long as they are still offering the lobster and surf & turf at Narcoossee's, two items that could easily be yanked off due to their high cost for Disney and pricetag per guest, then no great changes have occurred for dining. When those two items go, then it's cause for concern.

Most of the items that are being mentioned as no long available pertain only to the DDP. These items (like the treats with all of the toppings at Goofy's) are still available for purchase, they just are no longer considered a Snack on the DDP.

Goofy's are the only big confirmed changes I've noticed, and those were (IMO) bound to happen. As I said on the thread about the changes, we walked out of there with just a few pre-made sweets twice because there was such a back-up of people on the dining plan using up loads of snack credits on the make-your-owns. Sure, they looked good and were a ridiculous snack credit value, but they weren't worth waiting behind several people who each had a small stack of order forms.

We were there last week, and the "mixed grill" or something like that, that I had planned on getting at Maya Grill was not on the menu when we got there. Also, the "plato combinacion" (which was the most expensive item) at the CS in Mexico-La Cantina, I think, at Epcot was off the menu, I even said to the cashier, it'll be back after FD, he said "oh ya". Not complaining, just reporting what we noticed. :)

WDW restauarants change their menus often. They also reserve the right to change the menus and prices at any time without notice. This isn't always a result of free dining. Many restaurants change menus constantly.

If you've been looking at menus on unofficial Disney websites, a lot of those are out of date because they have to wait on guests to provide the menus.

I think the biggest reported change that was probably related to the dining plan came last October, when Cap'n Jack's removed the lobster tails from its menu permanently.

Thanks everyone for the response. I was getting a little confused.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter