All the way from Japan to enjoy the WONDER of Disney

and your report continues its entertaining ways...
but you're also scaring me with your scary guys :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:
as for "the boy"....best laid plans of mice and men and then a boy has to come and ruin everything.....we can commiserate on that some time.....

Beth-- Your daughter couldn't pick a better two parks to introduce her friend to the joy of Disney. I've been to every park except Paris and I think Tokyo rate the best IMO. I used to be a WDW fanatic and I guess it is still the ultimate Disney trip, but Tokyo has my heart now. That goes double for Disney SEA.
As she has four days planned she should have no trouble seeing everything. Just a few TDR tips:
TDL--Splash Mountain and Big Thunder pull the biggest crowds, so grab a FP for them early. also Haunted Mansion is having it's Halloween nightmare before Christmas special soon so that will probably be crowded. Pirates recently reopened with the updates so it's also pulling big numbers. Pooh's Honey Hunt is a 110% MUST SEE as it is ALOT different from anything in the States so grab a FP for it or see the Electrical Light Parade nearby and make a mad dash as the parade finishes.
Tokyo DisneySEA: Tower of Terror is the first thing she wants to get a Fast Pass for. Other things include Journey to the Center of the Earth and the Little Mermaid show.
If she likes popcorn I recommend getting the souvenir bucket on day one and refilling it for the small box price the rest of her visit. The popcorn flavors range from the sweet to the exotic. Try them all.
If she doesn't mind spending a little extra for a nice meal Magellens is great and she can try to get seated in the Secret Wine Celler Room.

Ok this has been off topic from my report, but I hope it helped. PM me if she has any other Q's.

Well it's time to get some sleep here, but I promise when I wake up everyone will find out what happened in Mexico.

Wow, that is fun and cool info! My daughter has to choose between learning Mandarin, Japanese, and Spanish at her school (for 6 yrs of language). I'm voting for Japanese due to the culture and the sheer number of fun parks! :cheer2: lol Hopefully she'll base her decision on something more sound. :laughing:

I'm enjoying your TR so far! Thanks for posting!
Melissa

It's time to spill the beans about Mexico.

[]

That must have been a bean taco cause it really STINKS! I think it extra stinks due to the fact that you are such a big fan and have done your own part in spreading the magic (bringing pins for others, etc). They instilled a sense of magic in you and you carry forth but they no longer do. Very sad.

Sorry that happened to you.

:scared1: Sorry about all the:scared1: guys. This situation was VERY scary for me and Kiyomi was physically shaking after it happened. We live in Japan where it is safe and confrontation is rare and being threatened never happens. I'm from Georgia, but have been here for 10 years now and had forgotten about how dangerous the USA can be. I never expected it to happen at Disney though.:scared: As I tell this story I've had to change some of the langauage that was used because this is a family site, but you can fill in the blanks.

Arriving at NEMO we found DDJ and DDA a seat in the back row of the front section, but there wasn't any room for us so we sat in the second row of the back section. We sat down and there was a family with a little girl sitting behind us. I'm a big guy so we invited the girl to sit between my wife and I so she could see. The parents said thank you and she moved down with us. A few minutes later another BIG guy sat down in front of her. No problem, we scooted over so she could see. This guy looked to be of Mexican decent and straight out of an LA gang. I have no problem with any race so this is not meant to sound prejudice just to describe his appearance. Also I don't judge a book by the cover. But this book turned out to be a horror story.
Well about 5 minutes into the show the Gorilla (I mean guy) sat his daughter on his shoulders. Now no one behind him can see. I thought this was strange because he was in the front row of our section. There was nothing blocking his view. The little girl sitting between us can't see, so DDM taps the Gorilla (I mean Guy) on his shoulder and and asked him very politely to put his daughter down so others can see. He chose to completely ignore her. I then tap him on the shoulder and say "I understand your daughter is small, but other children behind you can't see." His response "IF YOU OR THAT (INSERT WORD) TOUCH ME AGAIN I'LL CAP YOUR (INSERT WORD)!!"
I am shocked and to be frank frightened:scared1: . At first I don't know how to react, but keep my cool and go tell a CM exactly what was said. They move the man and give him a better place to see the show. That's fine by me, but I was a bit shocked after he had threatened me and my wife. DDM is physically shaking:scared: and obviously VERY frightened. I look at her and and try to calm her down. I look at her and say "Don't worry if he comes back I'll handle it." One of his family members hears this (I think Son Gorilla) turns to me and says "YOU AIN'T HANDLING (INSERT WORD) HOMEY. YOU ARE LUCKY I DON'T HANDLE YOU!!"
Well now I've been threatened twice, I gather my family and tell the CM that I have now been threatened twice. She says I'm sorry, but does nothing. We exit NEMO at a fast pace . We would later explain to DDJ and DDA why we couldn't stay.

Next: AK finishes up, Gorillas on the bus:scared: and Planet Hollywood

That must have been a bean taco cause it really STINKS! I think it extra stinks due to the fact that you are such a big fan and have done your own part in spreading the magic (bringing pins for others, etc). They instilled a sense of magic in you and you carry forth but they no longer do. Very sad.

It was a BIG BEAN BURRITO and then in AK what happened made me think the CMs at Mexico had ordered a hit on me:eek:

It was a big Stinky Bean Burrito and then with what happened at th AK I began to think the CMS at Mexico had ordered a hit on me.:eek:

I cannot believe some people!!!! That was so rude and to be in the most magical place. I am sorry your family was subject to such ignorant individuals. I hope this did not ruin the rest of your trip (and look forward to reading more).

After being threatened twice, the CM doing nothing is unacceptable....so sorry this type of thing happened to your family.

ok ...now i understand....and totally totally totally totally understand what you were feeling...
we've also lived out of the US for 17 years now.....
and i have to admit that when we come for visits, i get very scared on occasions such as this....so i completely know where you're coming from...
very very very veyr very very very very scary....very....very very...

we've actually witnessed a few of those gorilla type incidents at WDW....thank god, we weren't personally involved, but we saw them and it was enough to seriously upset us....as you said, because we no longer live in the states, we tend to forget....

DD came back home from japan yesterday (she decided to skip thailand this year) and she was showing us her pictures and videos from japan.....she kept saying how incredibly safe japan is....and how very secure they felt wherever they were.....

in any case, i'm so sorry you and your wife were on the receiving end of this....that is so upsetting....

Oh my gosh! Can't believe that happened. What is wrong with people!

Believe me we couldn't believe it when it happened either

I cannot believe some people!!!! That was so rude and to be in the most magical place. I am sorry your family was subject to such ignorant individuals. I hope this did not ruin the rest of your trip (and look forward to reading more).

It definitely didn't ruin the rest of our trip. We had the best time ever on the cruise

After being threatened twice, the CM doing nothing is unacceptable....so sorry this type of thing happened to your family.

I was surprised that the CM did nothing also, but think she was intimidated by the Gorilla ( I mean guy)

ok ...now i understand....and totally totally totally totally understand what you were feeling...
we've also lived out of the US for 17 years now.....
and i have to admit that when we come for visits, i get very scared on occasions such as this....so i completely know where you're coming from...
very very very veyr very very very very scary....very....very very...

we've actually witnessed a few of those gorilla type incidents at WDW....thank god, we weren't personally involved, but we saw them and it was enough to seriously upset us....as you said, because we no longer live in the states, we tend to forget....

DD came back home from japan yesterday (she decided to skip thailand this year) and she was showing us her pictures and videos from japan.....she kept saying how incredibly safe japan is....and how very secure they felt wherever they were.....

in any case, i'm so sorry you and your wife were on the receiving end of this....that is so upsetting....

I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of your daughter's trip. Japan is safe and the people are so helpful and friendly

I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of your daughter's trip. Japan is safe and the people are so helpful and friendly

some amazingly beautiful places..
she went on a raft in a river near kyoto that was sooooooooooo beautiful....
and the waterfall in niko and just everywhere......so beautiful...

So sorry you and your family had to deal with gorilla man. How rude! Quite an example he's setting for his children! :confused3

I am pretty much a lurker who loves reading the TRs; however, when I read the entry of the incredibly rude dude at Nemo, I had to post. It makes me very sad that such behavior happens here in the US and it makes it even more appalling that it occurred to international visitors who were here to have a good time. I hope you, your wife and daughters were okay and got back the magic of their vacation. I'm very sorry that this happened to your family!

LH...leaving for Disney in 15 days :yay:

That's so horrible! Some people are so clueless, drives me nutts! And I hope the gorrilla on the buss isn't the same jerk!

So sorry you and your family had to deal with gorilla man. How rude! Quite an example he's setting for his children! :confused3

Yes I was shocked when the second threat came from a kid about the same age as DDJ

I am pretty much a lurker who loves reading the TRs; however, when I read the entry of the incredibly rude dude at Nemo, I had to post. It makes me very sad that such behavior happens here in the US and it makes it even more appalling that it occurred to international visitors who were here to have a good time. I hope you, your wife and daughters were okay and got back the magic of their vacation. I'm very sorry that this happened to your family!

My wife and I talked about it with the girls and we all know that 95% of Americans are nice and not like that. It didn't ruin the vacation at all, but we have canceled the park part of our visit for next year based on the two incidents. We are opting for a longer cruise instead.

That's so horrible! Some people are so clueless, drives me nutts! And I hope the gorrilla on the buss isn't the same jerk!

Unfortunately the Bus Gorilla was the same Gorilla and his Gorilla posse:scared1: I'll tell you all about that soon.

Unfortunately the Bus Gorilla was the same Gorilla and his Gorilla posse:scared1: I'll tell you all about that soon.

oh no......that's like a worst nightmare scenario..

there have been a few times that i was very nervous about boarding the monorail....since you're kind of locked into the car with whoever....:eek: :eek:

i understand about cancelling the park part of the trip, given that you have such a wonderful park right in your backyard....but still that's very sad....:sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter