• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All the Pixie Dust! A May 2016 Trip - 1/24 FINALLY COMPLETE!

A great start to your trip.
And I think it's so wonderful that you got to share this trip with your mom.
Those American pavilion offerings look so so good!

OK, because the new Google Photos has apparently done something ridiculous with their privacy settings, I can't actually seem to get a public URL of my images :/ So I'm uploading to Photobucket and will re-do the first post with those images, and hopefully it will work!
I can see them now!!!

ETA: Great update and food photos! The raspberry cake looks delish! Awesome cards and balloons for the anniversary. I should've told them it was my parents' anniversary as theirs is the end of this month. Next year my DH is coming and our anniversary is June 26th, so I will definitely mention it.

Looking forward to more!

Last edited:
Cape May Dinner Review

After mom got to the Boardwalk, we wandered around the Yacht and Beach Club and generally took in the area until it was time for me and Will to head to Cape May for a long-awaited dinner.

We had originally planned to eat here in January on our short weekend trip. However, Will ended up having to teach his second class, so the only possible reservation we might have made was at 8:45pm or so. Since they stop dinner service around 9, we both decided it would be better to wait than to potentially miss that reservation or have a less than good meal due to cutting it so close to closing. So after quite a long wait, we were finally going to eat at Cape May!

We checked in with our name and the hostess took our phone number to text us when the table was ready. We were a little tired from all the walking we'd already done, so we just found some comfy chairs in the lobby and sat down until our table was ready. We had checked in a little bit early, and I think we got our text either right on time or just after our original reservation time of 6:05. We were led to our booth and on the way the hostess pointed out the signature dessert area and gave us a general description of the buffet.

Once we were seated, our server got our drink orders fairly quickly considering it was pretty busy, and she also explained the buffet to us and told us happy anniversary :) Always fun! We quickly headed over to get our plates - I got a few pictures of our food, but the buffet was relatively crowded so I didn't want to take up time photographing the buffet setup itself.

My first plate:

5armjitfTEIe10iuVf_1Tm6Bk5QjRnb0DpHyJTN9bvn6Ry8DjJKu6Nbv7Thl2a01JfL2mCb6xsCayyensK38qvXWTRgoL1yQ28eosxmnVWWw2uD9DctLufjaaOyTjmnUK2mb2wpI1trRmNC9FVUwtLKveOac3dG-1CZxVkHKpth8NqQCsRHFn9l0JGdkLuqC2JM8VAjJA5N2awdU-0Cjo5JHaHFeMnY9wMKq04VIW-6BvfOOBTLX8e0_mhGxctAMGKt2T-itEjIiJhocXHh8Ez6_LNkMi41MjdRpl0SiPLIj5SCYgEr1rav2-vfLPMzQRzhKb9Zs6eDpLluRJl1eCPPmvrKTS2cUHLGusjjG3RFQsTnslgegvCOtl8L5xLdux-bQcdedvZ2Eq8QmSbw5Cs02bPmCGF6bXvCTAe9qV-opZ14MmM4x0JFQaCNvxE4y78HYV8J_kn78rSpc5g_RUsS8jMI_G9Imu8udd5zKSjZVmyrf8GvUNBh2vE4ApraihdSN53BzxhEdH7CmxSaUKLj9LUsQ59A2JAQCJ5_rV2yPIhbtTlSXKpoBOmN0QzEM1d5nvUuAnf7CZs3oZ-5DWPoKy7jmzeg=w509-h678-no

I had mussels (my favorite, and a huge selling point of the buffet), clams, some of the beef, a shrimp, fried calamari, watermelon and feta salad, the Cape May salad (with cranberries and some other yummy stuff in it), some cheese, and I think a brussels sprout.

Everything on the plate was good to me except the calamari. They were somewhat disappointing. I was excited about them when we saw that on the menu, but these seemed like they were just frozen calamari, nothing like the kind you get as appetizers elsewhere. I probably could have gotten past that if they weren't just overwhelmingly salty. And I really like salt! So for me to say that, I think they were just way overseasoned.

I loved the watermelon salad - I wanted to try the Flower and Garden booth dish that was similar, but never got around to it.

And of course, we each got some crab legs to go with our first plates as well. They had these out on the buffet line, but had small buckets so you could pick a few clusters and not totally crowd your plate. It was a little awkward to carry everything, but I thought that was a pretty good solution!

dYuIbBReD-1dgYlKoDXnzYiNJKGlJ-q_2_R-1adm-o3yACzic7fgL5U-lsP1NFq1incLAV9AHGZNC4nCGqs5H55LQDR1NqgbdFlVnqBxMZHfyc3_4pPmtM5tyr71fKyWXpW6edkh5KREWE7ANixe7VhgMSYaoZM1W1IThz6YHFBjr9aW0SQU-1hWPmCu9a_yfnS38_nmN1SrpVdZ6-Qoc8dhceRcvYbIrFfeRiPAD_mi1YC8LC632FhgHmOQM41FGLcKGiJDviQrxNxlK1e2U83tMO0BmviWgNB8oO5bpkx9ggJK_E7UfStDN9TTUrVTz4DOHZAAmKx0clpJgikQRSX5n6NJYX5Ti1o_kw-zmw1IiG0tPGhLjRCbOCDi_NbyGyYoQYE1OoQT3fvDSsK-GEQYa1Sf0ao-gVbPCME3S_K-_IDopDh8JEiA7ie0HdvJrJXdhR0EVR4G4_kkFlJZTEQkBUFvWJ8l520JdlA-3oJR9twP5gTkBWpq3fzDKVcrlpX3K6fPjD7AyplicJZeIsUlYMdXewru-cA2lnROhfC7JXzyaQYF5zaiXBMMmbVWb_B5kb0RZfAbnhmNzY0VNPnKMWs7YVM=w509-h678-no

Blurry second photo - the hostess who led us to our seat had recommended the macaroni, so I tried some. It was fine, but obviously I was here for the mussels :love::love: They were in a nice tomato broth with slices of chorizo in the sauce as well, so they had good flavor and a little bit of spice, too. Notice I tried again on the calamari. Still too salty!

dlPHQKRj75pTeK7ZHoKO_ZYVlxiftmrQRPBjUAwHXlzC8s9FQm07DC8xoAC0OMKK_XR2E6mUb8Z5nyMVlDHC_k57F6SR1C1HNPexQVOzwg42NDLpf8z4NuG6jfcvO0Rv_oXu-2xLsav5STVAAhZsBm_D-pkaMXqZ4PTwcrHK96YolpyKIT1eusjRFXB8kzSd3XM35MK7I6BvwdNn3ZOtbR7-hJdwlbUssKZNFxi_OdbQNxXOflTFC8tKK-hK4NJ8O2RKN0MCa6P2gGp_rN6AUsIuFzX7sxTc09Svt3Dr7DN_Gl_2Mc94aCcri948fIjk_3Zh1EfEL5y-Mns4HdlHDgvPWw8PdFqd8n7nNDuGRbZ7keQx5-KldnoV_dIm8Rc98fkPx80pCi60IreGqoM2wuR110SMXH3w89CQsPc81PniTmjzSilqvjDI4PwHTbCWLc9pu3j1DcPnNEdcglIArrUvRDdVAAR5ME9U_plD3FNzVQ8GQ36IEyB5_mI32GrCYEtFDyfrXD3IcNpbPiLQgEjUmykuG7DQZI4-aue0Jz5UHGQx8hOT47lzKCZ0vuW7X7gPY19OLIKTO-fDoLqMI5_mRdLM1o0=w509-h678-no

And my final plate before dessert. Mussels, this really great goat cheese they had as part of the cheese selection, mashed potatoes which were amazingly creamy and good for a buffet, and a roll. Because I love bread :)

Also assume there was more crab with all of these :P

And then I hit up dessert, way more than I should have. We were both pretty uncomfortable at the end of this meal, but it was totally worth it!

6ttNJPE0tUuFCbaUXjtj-lPckr87Pd9R1cmsxaj059CKag6C706QmGw56E-VnWpwVgD_UJrLOQRusLBdkWehyUA_XivcMjdWc-1svYrsvdkr4Vsp-U-ieqr1rRI8iw_jVLfZhJ9G3v3ht2tt5ygJrWrJ1I08KzvzD97MvYsaq7vz7FBVZJxVt8XFDF2vnaEYyVMkQZQkEQ9QFhYuoC1M8BJCigzBdZyN8hLQTY8sGrkBqcxFLLXLbhGDQ_oATZ6nc9z7RZj67_VJojIwxJc9wa4uq0oljt0fVP4Copa-wLHV2EGd55Meb12GS2xvWotXKtBfeNfca_Z4No-Z-dAf0XxkIiKkXU4a_IOpY9qG9vcTqUFPC5V7fGgeXho6rOc8YafaX5SSBwUe55moTFsuyS2nKYVGZ2wv9P9FqjjFzL8oC0eRlsfzoI5qPiceCOT0UvYPFmrrOg7ntckHXEP4RVuixpTAyGL7qLkNxmrM_MQDkOQYH_4u_rcY54T063-xUHZ8dmGZWCMUWDMkOQs8tX0ZoMWfP8pGjx_AX0HfURXeCM4VdszqNGUl60G3ThMVpDk4v8MsAciJcZkGsFPPOB4QTwn9rhE=w509-h678-no

On the side is a caramel flan - seriously, I wasn't sure about flan but this stuff was amazing. I could just eat that if I went back I think. There was a cupcake with "grey stuff" esque frosting, a red velvet cupcake, an orange cream cheesecake (which I got too excited about obviously), a peanut butter chocolate cupcake, and something called "flourless chocolate cake."

In general, the cupcakes were good but not spectacular. The orange cheesecake was really nice - better than I expected. The real winners were the flan and the flourless cake, which was more like fudge than anything else. So so so good!

I had to go back for seconds - this is the point where I really should have reigned myself in, but that flan was so good!

I apparently was too excited to take a picture, but I'm pretty sure I got another flan and at least one more of the flourless cake. There had been a key lime pie on the dessert table when we got there, but it never reappeared, instead replaced by the orange cheesecake.

And if that wasn't enough, our server brought us an anniversary cupcake with some insanely thick frosting:

7jQ8byBgtqce6eYAfBvpocyHIKxdy7gr3mqmzk_tDVZOVlfOAvyV61WwhB8NHYOcDzyX40w8WLnZ1y-LaAPhN1uZlzXYTspSdTTAk_LpHlpdm0a56DSQhnvt25kBED5BeaZ-qj0Ul51N07nbvdxSWJ_R6Tx-aV79K5Mwta__hng8vpVG6yPgkVZzQIY1O9svFBpendNgnDO27eCx5KRpy_0sTuBbYZJ6eGkQmXOD51mTXq7G2MGYLnqs9NOPleCoQz1o9v8vEaYXcsEUGGhIijcPHmIfu3n5_t-cHRbLoFgdkZawwiOimE0-fZ1POU3xHc9jtxwBcdf3XNYTU14KBUHmHcKQviKmKmRYeOZ5oPAFdb1kihghFd6B1KE3-wLNh54KKCU9AmYtP-CyR6tHh4IlNwuWNM7s9xfZCGnCZ1S3AFAPcmJDbE2OGiOh0nkOhNJji66mEEJHulaVintuioxzTTI73amtqaS7h-jFRKVh_QJVOHZ3zFbgANtA-VI94QjVxlXZpVzqp4eT8C_7sSnJsS2kox3bd72NtX4JSv75VFmm_oIkQvu3PYkgswN3-aqMg_hEYr5xZJQiQpW4z31WUE1BDeQ=w509-h678-no

It was funfetti cake! I ate two bites of this (two bites too many), and couldn't eat any more.

Overall, we loved our dinner. Though I wouldn't say the seafood is incredible quality, and it certainly isn't anything like you'd get in a real coastal town, it was really enjoyable for us. We don't get seafood much anyway, so having crab and mussels on a buffet was basically the best thing I could think of :) And honestly, everything else was quite good as well. The cheese and salad selection in particular was really nice, and there were plenty of sides that would please pickier eaters (mashed potatoes, boiled potatoes, macaroni, etc.). The beef was quite yummy if you didn't like seafood, and they may have had salmon as well. I was obviously focused on my mussels and didn't end up getting any.

The dessert selection was nice and interesting, and they also had a more kid oriented section of the buffet with cookies and other less "fancy" options.

Our server was also fantastic through the meal. Though she seemed busy, she always kept our glasses filled (sometimes a challenge with me) and was attentive but not overbearing. She put our Annual Pass discount on our bill without us even mentioning it, which was also great!

Especially with the AP discount, I think this was a great value. With tip I think it ended up being a little over $80 for the both of us which seems like a bargain for a Disney buffet. We will definitely be returning if it fits in our dining schedule on a future trip!

Up next - Magic Kingdom day!! We introduce mom to the awesomeness that is the Welcome Show, ride lots of rides, and eat at Be Our Guest for lunch.

I think I may have figured out the picture issue - but let me know if they start being weird again! Thanks everyone for reading along :D

A great start to your trip.
And I think it's so wonderful that you got to share this trip with your mom.
Those American pavilion offerings look so so good!

It was such a great trip - I really enjoyed it, and am hopeful we can do more of those trips in the future!

And they really were great, and more filling than I expected! Those two items were a great value in my opinion.

ETA: Great update and food photos! The raspberry cake looks delish! Awesome cards and balloons for the anniversary. I should've told them it was my parents' anniversary as theirs is the end of this month. Next year my DH is coming and our anniversary is June 26th, so I will definitely mention it.

Looking forward to more!

Yay, pictures! I did like the bite of the raspberry cake I had - but I haven't had anything from Les Halles that wasn't great :P

We really enjoyed celebrating, even though it was early - definitely something to remember if you have a celebration close to your trip. For us, it seems to make everything a little more magical :)

Your Cape May dinner looks so yummy... We cancelled ours for our next trip thinking I might rather eat our way around Epcot but your plates look so yummy! We do love sea food...

We did Cape May breakfast for the characters and really, really enjoyed it! I'd like to dinner for the crab legs and those desserts! Yum! And that's a decent price too! I love cheesecake so the orange cream one would've been a fave I bet. Funny about the cupcakes but I found that to be true for most of the cupcakes at Disney. Very pretty, but just ok tasting. There were some exceptions - pink lemonade from Starring Rolls and the strawberry one from BOG to name a couple - but on the whole, I was disappointed just bc I thought they would be exceptional.

Can't wait for the Welcome Show! I meant to see it on our trip but if you are reading my trip report, will see that I never actually did, though not of my own doing! But I digress....

Joining in! We just went to Disney for our honeymoon and ate at Cape May! We enjoyed it and the mussels as well! Also came out very, very full haha

Wow all your plates from Cape May look SO good!! My trip can't get here fast enough lol. Since I don't eat seafood I'll be eating tons of those desserts :D
Question about the mussels which is one of the 2 main reasons we're going - were they on the smallish side or really big? DS14 loves his mussels but doesn't like them to be too big. We were lucky in that every place in Disney that he had them last year served the smaller ones so he was happy........

I can see pictures now! :) I have never been to Cape May for dinner. I actually ate there for breakfast on my first trip with my son. We really enjoyed it! But having grown up in New Orleans, I am kind of picky about my seafood, so I am not too keen on trying a lot of places for their seafood...although Narcoossee's is on my list of must dos.

Your Cape May dinner looks so yummy... We cancelled ours for our next trip thinking I might rather eat our way around Epcot but your plates look so yummy! We do love sea food...

We really enjoyed it! But eating around Epcot is also really fun - especially if you happen to be there during one of the festivals :D But even if not, it's always a good choice!

Can't wait for the Welcome Show! I meant to see it on our trip but if you are reading my trip report, will see that I never actually did, though not of my own doing! But I digress....

Oh no! I was glad mom was game for doing this - it's one of my absolute favorite things about going to the Magic Kingdom, and I really wanted her to see it :D I'm not sure she enjoyed it as much as I did, but we all love being early to get tons of rides in, so it all works out :)

Joining in! We just went to Disney for our honeymoon and ate at Cape May! We enjoyed it and the mussels as well! Also came out very, very full haha

Yay! Disney honeymoons are awesome - we did ours in September and it was wonderful :D

Question about the mussels which is one of the 2 main reasons we're going - were they on the smallish side or really big? DS14 loves his mussels but doesn't like them to be too big. We were lucky in that every place in Disney that he had them last year served the smaller ones so he was happy........

They seemed like a normal size - not particularly huge, but not tiny if that makes sense. Basically the same kind of thing I'd get in a seafood pasta dish elsewhere. The chorizo pieces were a little spicy also, but nothing too crazy. Just something else to be aware of :)

But having grown up in New Orleans, I am kind of picky about my seafood, so I am not too keen on trying a lot of places for their seafood...although Narcoossee's is on my list of must dos.
Yeah, if you're in a place you can get really good seafood this might not be your best bet. Narcoosee's does seem like it would be a good one though, if you were going to do seafood at Disney! We're not able to get much really fresh stuff though, so it worked!

I'm fashionably late, but here now!!!!! Looks like a great start to the trip.

Yay! Glad you're here - it was a great way to start the trip, and I have to say I'm already trying to think of a time to go back :P Not any time super duper soon though.

Cape May dinner looks great! And I'm glad to see that there are also options for non seafood eaters. I did the the breakfast there and really enjoyed it.

Excited to read about your MK day with mom.

Don't know how I'm missed that you started this TR but I'm here! I'm really excited to read it because we are staying at the BW villas in December and DH and I have a Cape May dinner ADR in September. I'm really excited for both since they will be new for us.

I think it's awesome you have such a good time with your Mom. I love traveling with my Mom, we always have so much fun together. I've asked her if she would ever be interested in going to Disney but she just doesn't get it :confused3

Still jealous that you get to drive to Disney!

Cape May dinner looks great! And I'm glad to see that there are also options for non seafood eaters. I did the the breakfast there and really enjoyed it.

Excited to read about your MK day with mom.

We really enjoyed it! Don't know when we'll be back, but it's pretty high on my "return to" list. And hopefully MK will be up soon. My computer is being extremely slow tonight with recognizing that I am typing, so it's hard enough to get in replies :/ Hoping it will be better behaved tomorrow!

Don't know how I'm missed that you started this TR but I'm here! I'm really excited to read it because we are staying at the BW villas in December and DH and I have a Cape May dinner ADR in September. I'm really excited for both since they will be new for us.

I think it's awesome you have such a good time with your Mom. I love traveling with my Mom, we always have so much fun together. I've asked her if she would ever be interested in going to Disney but she just doesn't get it :confused3

Still jealous that you get to drive to Disney!

We really enjoy the Boardwalk :) It's been our home base for the past three trips, and it's incredibly convenient to just about anywhere. I hope you love it!

And I love doing vacations with my mom -we have tons of fun, and it's somewhat rare that we get so much time together now. I don't think my mom totally gets my absolute obsession, but she does love Disney so it's great :)

And we are loving it! Compared to North Carolina where we both were for grad school, the drive from Macon is fabulous. I'm praying the next job Will gets is closer or similar distance to Orlando - we've gotten very spoiled!

May 18 - Magic Kingdom Day!!

Hello everyone! I'm back, and ready to take you along for our amazing Magic Kingdom day. This was quite a long day, and we were very busy enjoying everything the Magic Kingdom had to offer - but it was possibly one of my favorite days, because it was the first time we'd be seeing the castle! It just seems right to spend the first full park day in Magic Kingdom to me. Even on our very short weekend trip, we ended up going to MK for a late night visit just because it felt wrong to not go there at all on a trip. It's easily my absolute favorite park, and of course there was plenty of new stuff to introduce my mom to :D

But before we got ready and everything, I went on a run very early in the morning. I've started running fairly recently, and I wanted to keep up the habit on vacation (and maybe negate a little bit of the food). It was incredibly humid, even in comparison to Georgia at this time, but I have to say running around the Boardwalk and toward Hollywood Studios was seriously amazing. There were always quite a few people running on the paths as well, so it felt very safe - and I got to see everything in the quiet before the hustle and bustle of the day started.

FlUD3ANVPZrPP9HOhmG9n89W9SM8oTzvQWMeRlzFlhHWKYTex33BxKFoA4q7WCFQ9KQQyXtZZkZtIuGIlEpQjSshEfdTZGLO3yobKxmdSgiyU1qMDIjBc_5df91EtIPp9ErU7X5M3aLy_QKEQKx1nvQP2CIq7t5RwRoQA6pQyk-VIssNF5JwGOnMLSyFtrZSEx3xkgvcssvsTnXE21Unk7tM7VraeEiteAUWxU0ET0EOwCuH5y_qWSmmoz_iuzBCyb8hlKVztKV2WISmRipLNKgUNdsleaqCf4dUl90xX1n3sUzYg4G-96QcF0nkgdGJ7co-lsq9tTMFkhG1U4zU6pFa9OFKe10VLlALqmn5_aHS7yZUEy9_xZkFEZy8hQnRqyo-toyNxy1yl8rREd0goXmGaw08UjAWZb98M1aFaOnFtmfKMbQU34mvzUAqpNBOXMKSt97gFK7_26EXRkWCxsvU_mZFv_wL_IBWSLNxgWBughhuNl6VUZ612biSigbncxUakRP13awIZVIbnA2AFuGr9edn6tqcOQlNoAKXd0yets8hmz9q2lgly-_l9WCU-dTJZXhVHth4UlwcdP10GfK_Gp3AQ8o=s678-no

I saw a few bunnies this morning - they were so cute!

All of the actual run photos turned out super blurry, including this one - but I got a sneak peek of some workers trimming up the Sorcerer Mickey topiary in front of HS!

pO2_1Z_sVdcQugliXFCnRIO0cdSFOoaKQ7fZohtNXRiAXh9kRbytphQUmyU6HQ_ns-THkW6ylAfFcIGpPAA1U99pJUbyCg0obeqdjvRAW6iN2v8FCOqJ22V4wdvAFwTRMW375baloRxuh-y4VJq54cnmJZnFlmgpvsUeDuQyG7LVnyWsyahEdcGmgSXfiIRjqz0jxELhfNBL-AwzwoIEkWmSJtNLHeYk_YPxoofGNFm3Zq1a1P0cb3_leJtL1tbLAVEzPwgJx5SP6fXC9OjqIwb_uqf0wXu55rDRvxyxXKg5guSx6s39aS7_A4Sm22J02JF3_lH6qocjq9HvM6LQ_A4nFZz8lAsQK8znSt9ASswz3zTuuUF7KsbuJyhHRVg1x1AAxmkEoHtgAHdL97EOLz6THl0vDvqvnXQqXc3N2pt6DVRK2cJXPEdXuyafmU1UrB59umcuYUMgXTMI_9mWBC6ZHJDT2wjhyHw6oO8qYeOrrrZ1Ha_TJghvt5Hb2Zxobd5Bu8qi8A3vPvgh1A8f0rtzLY634vRqqZKsvdLjxEO-cOF1DAiqnK0RAfmz3IL-gfKOOoaW-F5E2LGq8j3vuFpEXpizxEo=s678-no

8HYsZsypM2_pW6FMRAFFG-xRvl1RTxQfTCKaOWN0LwQf2tfwojh-5PHfI-sBpDuBki5RO3hgOyxUalAuRh_cCE6K91cYpAUbn2767lAcf9bg95VXlTFRW0wCEf4lQpU3IlYzRtJRVtwEr03Rv5mzEsBoQEi66aTTnIw1Uh1Qmad1uHbqcBbBUm1IkbOcDYxBdUZMTxfiKVTQ_UH9OT4duaZt0fg6178rP9PvySlCUsUXAW3HKGeg0gaGpQIitij7MBppc1piFLaWTvzlVJvlvANavCeiIgdWGAOQyU6EyQOrUN8byVogDo4CiuwDG_IlqjIoOkwII-Jm1HxRkrReBH-d50besfKjhQhYIr3hh9UG1YpJJRNv0PF7CRaCTPZsWbpwnCzGfVBMPGoezUNtFJj3k2OokL2zuLUVt9XexVTzknZU66act784bkazUZvMyrAuzivOqtQDQA9-b_P7svv7xq1ROpOuuCNtcJ-FPRGIJDhpfNsgPaejeJub2MMO4YSiEc55D38m6LYF5IXU7G4j0c1lCt_kufOyx-nD79JWZ7PcKk6JBjBDWpc49jY8IL9LBiwIYQR8UzukzNfGebf6VwwsLMs=w382-h678-no

Got my 3 miles in - time for some park time!!

We all got ready, and it was time for me to debut some of my homemade Minnie ears for the trip :)

pMHw828gkd5ETusAzzJCbpT7748cQFrzrESutWAUNJi9YCPuVs5NcRXVLhIKxmTDeCcAwFEHPfJbASCadZQj7y32qWJ_L6uwIxm6oXgoMtBKyjdPFUq3kg3u2JRtcl1kgolVx6SoGJu_cCi1Y8sNk5BteG7W082FUTLtRAHKmc4FiwaHYt92p0AKdbn7oH5nkrLVYUyQYsJt56T2F3AoluLRSQD-Gx1uBbhgTBMwLnjmrPS1aTrgBWLvNzSuYMIjOEQAOAXvuMiFV19S1RUuqQLAhf-cFr4BfUQ8uIRgd30qs12OPCKsTCbH3p-LjRm1daxt3WPMH59sYWq5mF_nE2p_28uPY4qVloT1QDYfhc1zx_z3YyBHQqQOmuOkm1BqbqK71Sn_xfMTZ6yz7qTndnq9D1yxnretk5dc6DjcDIvctep_BUqpLI3E7AnpHHp5pbuEi2eSOxjVC4u6GbiPoUH-gvPIlB4zai0EAld1_EC3bEJm7ylOLQKy7XS_PsjYGQ2TCCV8OcXGRJFBSHhvm1hazRlVX1nH8MlaNa-8ZEk6f_ziHXMmXnuv76Lh6rYisFgwKurSMeCQtOECSujSoZlK7_EiDyA=s678-no

Can you tell who inspired these? I think it's pretty obvious, but that's just me.

We were at the Magic Kingdom for the welcome show, which I was super excited about. I'm not totally sure my mom liked it quite as much as I do - but I think she was happy to have seen it :) I have to do this once if possible on a trip - it is just the perfect way to start a Magic Kingdom day. And really, rope drop is prime riding time, too - so that's a plus.

We headed through the castle, and I grabbed a quick picture:

_9DdEurXBqDcuCvjGbWHuROnCJCSaSMOjdQ1KHi4fg0wfwYuO_feHO6PiL47zQz_ei0Tr22K9uU_G5rSBs2ucDb1wJs3Ygw4Tca6MSciV9cv8CqP6DY1BcnaSmKyrXN-35r1vsPyNZBei-xRMOCBTi6D_UarBfLysHzImS8zw09dRpppSxtIHFdqgQwdtFR9u-9fAebIliqd98qWKu-TCMnh8KGV4x08an6AREADYREh4KdaF2uOTPGBeHp_z8m_CHPxJWEvZC3EgchL8gv0N7zxux1Hh5EkF2zFZwAScfzQiwvkHnoVPdmhptvybIo-m2tWnF1m-Hj_3CJ2Cixc9DhVpLFhEZnAe653Hww70EunphUfsM2-dn6svfZnrz0ZiS_DMLXyDx5LgonMdzsvpCdO47WMkLdDZVGl3pETmn6E3wz9stdairFy-gnNxG94NiHwd66v4pkpUDmPEDA8FYiA4krK4iJiPvyKcD6mIiK9XlxJDvKjrO1qtkAOiifRvgj8y0aHQ2CakWBAi6ov8hoob1hs-ltChMQjF-FLa-G_XdUvAGFU0MAdmpl1ngTDiNgEKWBd76H9kRtCKRUhCowA281yxhc=w509-h678-no

Then it was time for one of my favorites while it didn't have too much of a line - Winnie the Pooh!

OqQnUp_mSdmosf7j7GIBQOaxqIYf9EnOw2lx72otW2KteDlCFUyoY6TrLL5hVKpbwpXkpQl8eqqY-7ZW4BTWeOZnsRClYfmhVLmT_5yndFB4nL9HZzhgyESielo3k7ILYDq1gweUY8taeDHV6Z5jV9Q-9FEcO1ho5ucIOn46GlpMpZUpQmZ7mEGGz3_P6IOmL_Y0FoPZzsHyxliUEoBdz94sZa2_UcFmPww0TQ7Eb0yXwCOB6pFG9vjFL-oF1FC-2lfeo5Fwr_zKUf9z6dbIrm8w1HZASc1HlzTGYYp9pPk3m4O546cVIBQHUt-yyXNLfEdd5Npk7sB5AvEahhAEumjUqD1PEqhlPBL80AkgTAvpNRzS8QSbZRujSP9OtOg_DxS2OxIIU3SyXzMZBJH-DDtc_u20JknK0MbXaIyv--sok6pREYBIHp897dVaws3zsX_4T0m2BR6U7gvOgqP7IwEJHVzX_1i3WNWYDOUxsDefHs3v7tboqTFQpe6tzcBqFgGzdEzQic0Wbk1DZsQWSMjzR30sC5IJIEcPwJheZYQ7E_gbQz_7_S-VD57XB1DJ51j0rTuE0_i5mO-sfT1ExfEW40SPOHg=w509-h678-no

Then we rode the Little Mermaid ride, where I discovered the "burst" feature on my phone. That is super handy, and hopefully it means that I got some decent photos:

WNhZCHDGRqwL7Dk2cj_x1Avk23129VRhVR7cw11GrI3MNgdrroK6zU526h2hQjaFW-Ip_BuYpGKfBfRN-jL7uRue33rSV4O0DdP3XTU6j_130k-MbByP8vte4n_Ndo9kMzqh81W5YEFa-QhA-yC3Iz9my05HVpxdxvFVI8GVk2bnayLuLvVasebNM6zikbYc9bXB7t6zZKH4asnAY9lmHk6tE3pdx5-_lPsp_Tqg5r6AByDENaTPUvkJ6k9RHijElbh4FKidCOf-WwHpDZsrXfeNOx-AgyBJQx1BkbsTappwvLiHosvuycngPNI3lY6fZ-W8oNmF36Izct6uJj1d56UiuZowfJ02zm9Gkw2LNI-qsXbXMDYtIjLf3i4d3riiV9lwtJw-3NUlseTr4hu5shdy-ypVpk81j8vFn8tJ3ngOAy87JV9bb0IxxvaK8NIyUycngZSrF7V5eBdSMg69ggiQG5DfSLron0B-NPtaTrp_1-w3Y8HEbf6bxQWfLBzRB56-qkTpOQaSO_QCs16GWDbOxozi2MjATt9wH29p1QMhNF9nE9S2egUgxD1VO1SzeNFQ0YoIhAKn1Xgw9B86xOPyLaW7FPs=w509-h678-no

irRE4a-OxJjTzIlQFcbvPX13XbmkJJNo2QyaILtR6IugY6q-7i1D-KKtH8hLioJd969ObmvPiVZuTCtoEJGCN4H3nrLxVAgB9-czldm7goxFvPnOVogSZuBH-7COCU0h3wB0j1OuxHhljWJ86EoWbrdhHDBRsDzTFLCN637E1UMekWapRtTebC7oFNddB7s3tEiDyam86gbDejTXs39o91DL-LbIeAjJXcb6MyMgHPm_6aRrmSArmAUV0c3B4quNe6nSD7p8JH54G6bkRmG8bisdON-jLBkiZJG-fFw2si_UVu4m5iVUe250-_jTlX21_aA3uKh2AB_Cp6pf1TH8ebI_Ae1Z45AtQU0FmLh-7JulttE17oeahqEnqpuTLI2lO4hl_rKpy-EKkfTYiGMyHbFhi5E5VZOSzqBjArqkem3rHtP9qyIvyQkeCGc8zfpPOrzwtz-zaPt_hZ8J7yTDjdQVqI6Mq5PxjhFj5XS5OlzmYQo-aI1t_9a1IQ40rOBnvvKxYiwXndCGU4gl8pPu5fY5-zLrhFROQN9g7TL4Z-WGOE9ZoEE7JVY5aO7SKF1tYUX5BuE9oN2fL4M48B2OlRbV8tTV4js=w509-h678-no

UMvoRAMLYm0cNkMkpXZvv4HhFyRgFus71FCCDOuims7_VXqvGqmsCW7ZPM_hvlcWVwoUFVtbcKtFKEA4reAeKGT9a6eAc62e6tUiWdKT2pwHZTuugjD90h8KkEv1oad9qzYBM1OxvO0xDhruWjAXXiNbhVHTJHrvbt7E63utlmbAB6YYAcn_nnCM1Nmp1s6u6sE4DtE23BUeH_hNe-oHVmTYYfKnSbzddbGpfB8GwbOGsMf3Ek2zZNPu3X6Ab3i4ZHb-wqg1-QsbKh9nHBrptY-Jr9AHkzxIrxU0eo_7JUi0DKBfePJSfYVwzJUu0pVH8fdzga7SiJg3p1In-1O-EX_heYfrv4ZBu7M6-WRLSy_IjTDEki-wfO7TpApFGl_SC1XKCyM8Kl79R0TlO1GUG-6SGCjy2TFmeP5m4BtkJqfQb2XRqRxhDVL45n5taA3TvDWX1QbjFMGoCTvbjiZRvwEUdCxU-SaeuqoOrnfa9zAO8ok1UGc6AijzmtIh40UkJmG9PfhqEN82Ap0BCnX7_iLsMpl2M6tHjQdMNZGIGUPyo0GzCv71oEZDPlEtX0j5zfy3mtbE3jwuymlHnuIbOMLJSF-7G4c=w509-h678-no

Q9Ad_id-BbymDrg5kCsq2AfgoL9WSNNHrRhAA4_x1TM2yXm0b6VRrjtfHcuU-ckaKu_SfkqC62IuphRX8b8OqcZwXZ5dDo1_NEJJiSsDRdSzoosZJubR3QYFDBeDyvzOPOZg9pMHUoPI4QMYVd3NHEg62pSMUAlp0sCRRI75_lTVOKiSJ_XKwBfZ9S594wlOr8wgTZpZF6TdWlKJK9PP3RUaJ8mijknHNYR-MVBxl7reV7C7nBOetNopAwn6g7AaSiPHfSHS5lQvarqYbGAqRwEVuG4i6NzLSTVJdiyn7o6rMiD6c5PyMAam1ScavBezjezjIQmph88IusFKGWAsSdpwJ7O2lM_Q7dqhBbqCsk6Bj8fYmDLBNcAiOcqIe--uBqqLE6XsdW-oIkK11ROe28pzw_pRdj6_XGtPbw_zvI-2y7YquINqAqVDov2xB_j81zcuVHTYQeYsn_7ZzHvTH_RtZA7xpK44Ctd4G9X4V26h0sRvm5OWw3s3EsmhuT4ykdOusnkh5hcoy_qivliks_x8r8aJBdmSYuMGNw2t6gDVGNv02wacXOfUY7GJNxr2YjCl2YGNBeT88EaXXkJPxu3xjE1bvt8=w509-h678-no

Pretty good! A lot better than when I just try to do one or two pictures! I really enjoy this ride. Super cute, not too long of a wait most of the time :) And mom enjoyed it too!

Next we headed to Dumbo which was essentially a walk on:

u0cdpyoreW6rJfLHhAH9szbUkw3fxC1gbBQbktlnelzaay_zOa8Y7M4aLtI1z0TBzqJScAhuePhnWvu22cg63ahxQENX_pyQRpVLqX7TjL7939Ze2pQtvO3_k37voI3QIjZgNSNwIPBAA-QsO4bFTmRnYn8U4_l3HNrMbfqdAFBveJ7mHpbVTtWoBemYUOIx68yk1KLL4w-7aI78HuOcDugn9E7Q1vw9DhrEl1Za0kdVkkq9aDNjCorTF7Mervm2HEDaN_mt5tfSR97bk4NGHaV_pdyp6Pl3AxBjZg229zTnM2YMkh-utTY_0pxBxVbyTXMgwbjPnQBwStdHi5XVl_8mv5pIZZxRUSNj424gywjYVA5VkKt2FfabuEB9eaNskRiB-YDcBGciujqz7IGjPwxbJs2X9RsbQQ3mNSDuzXideAEWtimbV5ZJWYTrwkHvbt_dW9ZmtUa0qfxh3ARKixFgZYMHdHRFZBfP1k2Yxi0J43QqwOBkU7LcpGYnGtSTQSqNtmYb7gbUmqoGtjjAxSG3ksdxfC_5CcVugUGargDVnxR3vFzPSRhYgzplkZFuM3FY8Mb1aipGzhPmTYwtE28brcRmaeE=w509-h678-no

Mom didn't ride this one - she doesn't do spinning rides at all, so it was just Will and me :) Super fun! I love the views you get, but I don't like to wait for this one, so rope dropping it was great.

Then it was time for our Mine Train fastpass! This was one of the things I was most excited for mom to do - and she was super excited too!

YgxkrSyonHx0z6s8RUZrDTDt0OnlAC_SKawMqqP1YbbYubNc1wwjSh_SseQPGEvE9MEIqnxYScsNnP4FxablkHyv6Zi6hEf_AxiWgfkxN17yfnsKXYftXEZgNguZ0arF6VcpZt7sHUfeufACqSFSm8g35QvzBKJG47V6MgawiXeDVePdoiuyYAHTA2shJWRm0UlraT0hoWD6mQX81nmK9tnDl60d5hft5sFkCa7tzID_mjgwAVfsOQHXTwJkkX--DjEmP4cdHm_AmE4u63ePsrSqno2JjO-MA70NUeGDtDr-yDx4JdCets9INOCXBEeuBHh34wJ8MTvNoOqCMDRXAZEgnNtXHHaPuRzDrjY2zj7EhyT5RvjuV_BHc2oErW0Lo0OYZ0GwngzUO4Bs1vP0sP4kPRogjqjPUgx69rTdjxJr8CT5R_O1228IoRXUt5LlhYW6XdeQI4c4oM4YAbzWo9CWuZZBEvz0tUjEAhBWRIBtLgLRsVaOgZhkOQd-Rm_lGvmeRGNNYdOHfEeKkSzCj-piPCkBXMOTFhtgFU7QCFzd4oRdWXODQEsF6QIMO2bKaRHVqEHIluFae63sxI2gOHp67ZwgDIE=w509-h678-no

All my pictures in the mine turned out badly. But I love the combination of "traditional" ride and roller coaster. It's just fast enough to be really fun without being too scary in my opinion :) But I wouldn't do it without a fastpass - far too short of a ride for how long the line gets.

dlIstVT1Wlq-5BFanDA0T3ti9UtCtQmyz3C76qe77Jl5r6OXaUIfGob8in2m2952DP1TtSMs7MupotrwKydstwtvrfUnhtFRF38F1sjA0s6X5_q-9Z90Z25r_oVi0SmYgTz7lhxN1UdpzAxDNi4j-tBCX8WLkk91bc07LNEcB_zvnqvqteES1WgC6w9jX_7D-x6MnAgW3fklTzwKU0sfeDnGJPGfGCegv0ZN8K5Vz-a4IkMYEOLMW02S4L1ladnuHx1cxjEq04eHDPMsNhBRf6o2PQO3N03iMRTuzT56qM2X8iAi9Txel1zWHkXkAHZyj_8e9eLcM6mQqElwFSxIzSamViM1kjOyJDboW7rcZJIZJF_Fen2Q8lAgMB9ii9HlJu0tcLZywY-f_bleE87CM02YMoFxFLqmMsRJ9m8_cWHjWzA35F7CjAnegpMlM9L4cY71ItBc3vxljapCj6bn3RzidTlj0NUo2OFJrACXXivAwsNAgSalJX8ZJHDVaJMbi9qKqckTJ-mhaguMGHAi2YLqXCtNfpzeFG8Oq-w-mtZy0ipS6HI5Pspv4_URNjHnx2V5VN7nfgTfBOfKChJeyARlRvnP0f0=w1016-h678-no

PofcyRr9IjWEz0ClsE29EZUrSjcFkFMEB6fkJd4MmZQuOPK-p20hcmo6K9ZYPriJZvyuvUXf9XksriX0clU_CuhKKB2sAFyHLO7ae-lAK19Zj-CGReO9xkPtdnzYRpPupx5vlsZ9-BkxcaFVtl7nmnpY7n9xIRwPvt7BZ9u3g9jNABff2KjrrkHlXGXySf7kX8yzfVvDdqIzvOyxHQPS-0Hat9jNy0xM84XoiOC790fxQ2H-_zUacK26CBbQJe6tqNlMFw92XZ0E8X310MLzn7doMUbd-ZPPOKZz3h8GJ3xNfy2c3MpijTVLRqdzqXJA8um1vmQllcPR0wdLPsR1a8XIXbKJHXIKTz2uQdR23m3AGNsLqUYPTWo2nR5G2mNdTg-fO4CO_c7Tk9hhJbIogZJM_UK0wff8KrPEc0xpUDu6_ZpdSafhMqG3onvjS9iYrDX4Kj6PQOSvtNtFtmCcvTpQtf-bzneH65YLfLYAbaJlqlaI1dQQBKLaCYVA3iYE22NFjBEHjyZNVriFW1bsMZvtEyGW7ZupC6w722nqCe0SRa--uCBc_piq56QHv1ygEHTF36b1NEQW8MHm8B3JhuXgXryUqBs=w453-h678-no

We obviously had fun :D

We did Philharmagic as well as Carousel of Progress (in some order - I'm not exactly sure what) and I think Buzz Lightyear because it's super fun :)

Dp3terpYHMjBvyN8J9wztXDNY-KCcNHxl0CaMNc7wZHKytI5CzQnM80bKfxFxQserNTYdA2P0YOquPFyPVOkNLmMp96lnavqNZ4bwFkwcWzMFWIYbGrN6CJTfJYG6XZK0uvfMK-lNd50sYL-31sMvloTvmgF3JVQD3w2Q7T93s694Vw-8fSwMbkMhgthhB_uoFSPsn0HLokbbW-A6Z-_2fPOUNIk5xoLVkqnjZ9CBj_VvO563cY0CpwVJoekIhVdkcINIB9VCtBMxPRlLNdivj4KyKf5mdvl-ylIB-x--g0DhcRvoYYa2sH_zVdva-8AZ1ONZhK47-RiHKvKockoHpdcQFkrLNFHiCE0BPVTj6vLGRSzzjLeiNMk5kTHzD6r3AqTDKvdfEl29zFYj72SsYNBvx3C1hautRpGUVxN6vQhScaqURd8Nid9OHu-v1BX-Kz6uCbet9x9wlSqdBqTHyKIepqiMWWue5mNbxifKTo3aPoqOqGLcUXBa8m-i1c2RVSijpkuEOlRoW_m41bo6joJUnPE2hOqGQmNegOdk9LkB_27MC3fF9XiByK2Oh-nUwr5DcK5I-r1gjbibqoIaaLCCvI4nlk=w1017-h678-no

nxaUgv1vpd2ESS_GiQH0OmAI9W3WmWiTHcB2os3lTWXzDHMu3Dy4HVIRCa5k6NzuQ5r3cze9H_nm_Az1JDw7hcX536oiuCOkdOKkwTWt1f5VNfbOPD0mgtO0I_VLlnKjEX31ieRErnJKemluDcGHLl353SW1seRM0wMNit7C_RbvCuMsIOZptqbDsw6TzDAkTGmLK8SBEtv_taxCupb9_504gMvE5Y9no3rs3VqffkGGpZ4kTMuBZyO4Da_4hgYVpKnQOqQuGkqsilR-nHzxCCj8mmJLO9oMtbkO3Gf0c4C4fkA1YOlje4K9PZ6GCK6rQlpjg-ughZOsgqV57MJSxeSS-sa-Pu2QyJZlyfM4PIBWl3x8Jz4H1-HD8GbI6zpcBPGVJiwNDb5KpMxzilo-kZHz7uou5f1lEoA8gIYZ7d1RAXG__IDJlDU5yTjzGd6LNMji88G7v3sV9Um9pKEpevoRM4lnfX0CvXe_UjQBlG6fuW_KvRrVlzR8PwTyTVvh4D4Gtq5JLXAUbeqlK9JTluZUqNmKcq7gMhbm7DmjDZdhiy7v68SVsI8kKykTKZ95SOitr_WLbQ9GyqFVrMau3VAmIwfnA9k=w1017-h678-no

I never know where this camera is :/ All of my pictures on this ride turn out super weird looking. But I did decently for myself on the score I think :)

We had a little time to kill before our lunch reservation at Be Our Guest :love::love:

So we took a few Photopass pictures:

a6YE5FJ5CvmFlOPOB6uOkz5gfcjsBlGariEdWvM-xYGb1igcKq-0VE8Ue7ICfTTHw-kYcAhdNmgiYrVRvWb4B9xBDC-yIrgUhglTS4nRUrB0qrJ2ZJ8XIoMAZVAYmwU40PW3qtRCHDbHGw4g3afuV3rWvP-96ewru5RQfb4wjZsPKIL5dkJ58YEcTX1GkEWkhUQgWTuY3APb6kMoOP78EUGJZfN0Q-u0qa9qlz1a_-vW-7ey1B6heMeq9t_lmOW3gI1AtSTQQOe9ar4CcXA3SxjjaHH8aZE3KAmkLdBt48sdh71uvT6TWPF_OZMbxDfCBFm2721352j4409Dc25u7f40C-vKxvHT9YNxBGEAV7Fe9-Plx7Owc2q0lMzbpl3XNnFUCLzmFQFP9AmuLZ4gPvDLY8f9Vk97kJollqmJjMJZ5pTeaWo2KCxha7OY6Iyyk-8DfKLvPNBXq9Tvs9HBCdzxis1K-H0pJGgY6_K4Cm-0VZE_mLLqE0n1AT7cJLUYfANqH71qszEDjxVeMWqVr2Y7Ezm3smQVCSIVrZthEyWWbLN-cWdgZWizaz1kbMEjY3Xcd1H0pCZPeH7QS_MR7WwALsoSIZQ=w452-h678-no

wKhsRlKSaUlitPNdWz09rZqQjGl2xyncBQwViR0fGzZsfoI0nlsxhyU1fYvOEGmRnM0kR0EhIXLYbUvbp5-e-Qkjey-yZCefCnenLEKj2YHlqCuPXjCQWruRrtjbL7s1sJKuFz3VWLfonCk9dNH_9mk4-yLjDtQDfNp6XevGFdYVlHojMyS9XILy7fmsBGfkEZpPcR3LV-0PlbajXCEhLcUiyT5jmTj9RxzWu0Vl7a1NDR_W_FDqwo1HZ5UpaCJyJCaAhMFNFO9815BEB7wpzIH6vcs23uzDQ9AQBOsMQKPbqz65V5honPDe3DHdbwXfkqYooSO0JttG3e8cN61Yyxry7126pvnX2gOwgeLjROQ47Dg8RW_tmRTNHT6zpJKtXd55Hl7om6MLZa_C8mSH6yNUcn0rPzwROoY4XMHo0Z-qAV4oX4hK1SVK7psVpAiXzd8szoDSmjxiDc89Sz-kUbfalU2EYqWlzVf123Wc3qlLze2gWFHsw__tZ9hqoL2eTzrTitl53zJet_AFExWGc7nFAbbhBcMkl871U9eriycTC0sGsBsCiVxaPZcE_Vy4n18WNnFbI62yaSfVTdufAkfsWDR-V4s=w452-h678-no

RsLnmkWevcFe-0M5MBpnd9bsH36veXe9ZKbYJjuC8LCWaWNzi7qaunJOtjAcX0pNJS_nIH_ciLplNpSmLdyXizLoL-8NVxftbg9yIB9cduY1zAe8NbNEA1bSPzwoUdJ8BG9o9AyPQjgwe2P-95InW88Ju1jHaITfMkSdJi2RsTpfWx3rtNK_uGLbL3XVJ6iGiaHpUifJj8au8WE4dAoWvuwp10qUSNkyevNTaAKypIA7tVlxnJsEpLEFQFXO2nRC3KOExBcJg-8tnz_Gl14HfX59zLIfBeGXafja46gO7-xuJYpTG-pDugqOEzWrI1nX8r0x0LQgiuGMWJKLqS_ebX0vXyh3x1qyFdlpHCXuomsoznOP7Rq7fXrF90r1zDwJ2YLrPywI9wDhhwuSOH17e4vbT00lQ6Znjifib7Sr-qTOPHUZA1weH5rtQaMHJz6SdboiiqMmj1SpiQH3f_oKAsWM4BT1Fb4mAz9PYfJziA6kuCetYlvVp7WNWeXRhrEwMEpzzydyaOs55eTfFiRF2rYFbUYP1NnhFamNq9mezT1cxuKmVkJkJD6oL7hcYk_y5t7uVOp6E9Jwg7RV4EeuDlxCCpSapM0=w1018-h678-no

rtmOcXccOK40ckD3T5bwIfUF-BS4YYG670bOSxZ3o_MOQY-LrxBF5Jt0qbrKSbhbXJcjQmaA5poHHWSXkqLdOXtmteTydOcNmWtlver7Hygf5_p3nyQTbpAXvSUTEskmkpmiMwzxSJisqju51pIUjFnC2bEKqxKiwggn8bTKDbQ_vEYpVXqGMbK82JeWrE7y-NV7_9F1mnVw-t1qW8HYaCOQ-G8oLlOHrevy1wgpMi2yfqFCXpeKqHZBpynMK4DQKhaDSDt9jRImD-qACjUkLzTrbaAtLNagfSR95VNWntZwCGoucVXY0f9H_MO9tOX3e-gvP1tfSVv6844Oo1UIUXb8ToZWvVjfxyW0ouAui7aKghLDvkxz1-UMI0ZE7witneqaW0WY1LyFEDqY-sGXkMyq0HfQ_IXACyCwfi5l-g4aYtx2XoI5P8v4dKzLlAYHKdp3um3jETwDSWgM1_t7OjMrVppeyg1GF3yVAfMBedH2uIFIabVl4iAkEPyS5j98Z3b8UYlwC8_4LtlGZ2HJmsvZPbXA3uQqGAqjB2qojtxG2tW7-rgbfd0eA4xdlbiFverpMN1ZSavhZBL-Ts6tEoi1EGFE41E=w1018-h678-no

I actually look surprised here for once - this one turned out well!

eO8Gfq_FCu-UU6gwcSg5WQru5AUqoAUA13vqllCC08PnXBIff2-o3wui5R_dEttXCYhhw3_YsokrVJk1LtZi2h-m7ddzF3KNBi_ZR36zgTJZ1ijIbpPhvGeeEn_vnb_lAO5v-NgbJd0bm8_bAILsywkBGGIuv7W2OUE3k66pqbDBrVoEdSmZ0jc2ZBVo9lACTTlNTt5IwaX1BAsyMx0K0Rnel3hTQVIIJXVRuWa_EF0te-dEcATam_t__F4HSbGEdiaYl7O1BdWLAf_tt0Tj0X7mDicmhovpBA1Qu20bO0zlfZpe13LRML3eO5BlA1LvbQU7s0CF2D_DvlSzMhm66wj9-YgpUf8P8OChXvlRrsvLFwaUQPQVtUEFKUrONTqUMT_0DlQRJJ7X8k56wOGg1uYzEw_odGPMIcbbkrX3TlGWkt3M6BFYs-0XmXckkd_kkwp_LU7hkGNM1QmyNvzRdyXT5M4mnX3Iz5VYdYR02Fq4agDSr8QHPOfHxiKAKVYEUMORsqBYx3cVhSxVAf4u2Cp-6TO3MNuhfQq5LjKWVeZLL4vmdq9j0vEcU-KSj2_QAgZae2EEvo3xqAjKHepDxsi6pHZp2Ko=w1017-h678-no

One of my favorites! Mom had someone call her about work stuff at this time, so that's why there are so many pictures of Will and me without her :/ The perils of being self-employed - you never seem to totally get a vacation, though this was pretty close thankfully.

And then it was time for lunch! I actually think I'm going to put that in its own post since this one has an overabundance of pictures already :D

It's so much fun to relive the trip, and thanks for reading! Be back soon to talk about the amazing lunch we had at BOG :D

And this post is exactly why "Rope Drop is Tip #1!!" Haha. I'm so glad someone got to experience it!

Looks like you got so much done and had a great morning. I'm very envious.

And my mom is the same about the spinning rides! But she's also that way about the "thrill" rides, too.

Oh and way to go on the run! We walked between 15,000 and 20,000 steps each day but I still gained 5 lbs, so good for you doing something to combat it while there. I'm still working to get it off 3 weeks or so later!

Looking forward to your BOG lunch - though I wasn't that impressed with my lunch entree there...

Rope dropping is definitely the way to go!
Love your homemade Minnie ears. Very cute.
Looks like a wonderfully magical morning.
Love all your pics

I'm with you on 7DMT. It's cute, I love the cottage scene at the end and I'm SO glad they kept the Old Hag from Snow White's Scary Adventures. But it's definitely short and that's disappointing, so other than when we did a PPO BOG breakfast and got to ride twice before the RD crowd, and then a late night ride during MNSSHP, we'll only ride with a FP. It's a shame too, because there are some cute things in the queue and when you use a FP you go through to quick to enjoy them!
Can't wait to hear about your BOG lunch. We LOVE dinner there :goodvibes

Be Our Guest Lunch

Hello everyone! Sorry for the long absence - I've been enjoying the last of my summer vacation and just got back from a week visiting family. It was fabulous, but I'm getting ready to be back to a more regular routine (and closer to my next Disney trip)!

I left off a while back with us heading to our Be Our Guest lunch reservation. Though this restaurant gets somewhat mixed reviews, it has quickly become our go-to spot in the Magic Kingdom for lunches - aside from at least one visit to Columbia Harbor House, that is. Though it is somewhat expensive for a quick service meal, I think the food quality is some of the best in the park!

We had pre-ordered our meal about as early as you possibly could, so we checked in at the podium outside the castle and headed in:

FcUOKpb5oi__FIT9IV8bQ0VZGV0aIloNn4AeDPf9qD5_kBQ4oGmZ0DZS2oSbcHnDTUU-IWmSR4ZTM0Hmt2XJQLDUZjflMBJ_PQ7vDg7HusVesxWBwhZ_tdi5EsKN4TRlHfRjEPX89f-17o9LVvldxM59bjM2JFxNUZWBeQuPnmozK0_T-m7AjB0N1qPPu9rq4P-mBLbVmrzMN_cjQGjcepeWkXca7GZyNTo7stpYtTxoldbKUex4hIe9I5ViBeryZdouEW_rLIuTKB-8LAliJVwJ2W1nzDhheZSb9m-jlZsMMdn__AClehldTMGXLkB3lxtTDUgAMY6VawYlWeYWtqKn6esueBIXKJNaZ4da4VJQh6FU_yruLMh4-a_UJILes_ySwuQo9DrCzMOXt7WUxQPhfL4ZvqdFXNcYoIEq4gkyCOyN5H8fe_4NzW84MJEwF-wriVofjb9RCp8BMUa-R0r0wN1RrQYhetQvp717qx-S4T3svciFuq5HYNkRrd4l_kwnYXihhqhssRoCMEqzh8DjpS4cT2AzCBEsA85VdKjwBJH-urwDmDUMAjVKE9UkW4fetRBosy2wmAFT0eABJjozSX-NWJ0=w509-h678-no

I just love all the little details of this restaurant - it's still stunning every time.

We checked in with another cast member who confirmed that we had preordered - then we found a place in the ballroom to sit:

nWA-2Gfgo9eZ5pACG2jBnMp7RsDxmPxlH_rU-fwVeJMGkEdk796_zXwoom8FFV_LqwYwx3iljs8I5HACSIs7uOy68TRvd9E2OnwOpCz470HNWXuTQ6y13-VpE3NfRMadsd-cDz0yn4y7tDpNla6Ji4b74ZmZhNnThh0sDQ46zZVudL0oEPro8ApmmJu61eeApGJ_MSt6VJj4prvz3NQEew5sLSKwoexTtRLzCoXpPbeFTpAmhEZrVxZDLG0r-HzOLaww34FjrRaiCxHqEi5bSHU6rGstuvQh4MkJcpBiKei1Ary_N39txMNGCIMVyzdM6BX105yQ9lOipL-0ktM--ZgjCy0SlclV90mIF2JAtyFRXvGjgi3shSjzx6OeX3cCQa-hR4w3jTeCN7ZXFmj8X4lpOxifbHcTwE9su0kpw4Zdgp5CATaB9bt_FHG7b-7wxnKsIzwNxj8dn6oUXRyEs7Jd90rjIrfzrj0_TigK3Vjs2lwvu-kVviBAO_xX4s1tA7Uq7L6lCsi4yOXA5XmINSPno7zo2T4i7BbNJ_IQbuwtEVBwl2JunMJKRxo3g6QPP7jj8szTKmTu24hbWWlBbrOizBeuook=w509-h678-no

I love this room! It can be a little noisy, but the theming is fabulous. Last time we had found a table in the music box room, so I was glad to change it up a bit.

What didn't change was our order (at least not much)! Will and I decided to split an entree so we wouldn't be crazily full with the must-have cupcakes for dessert. We went with the roast beef sandwich, which is my favorite - I'm not a ham fan and the turkey sounded less interesting. He also decided to get some french onion soup to go with the meal. Mom ordered the pork entree, which looked as delicious as ever!

For dessert I ended up with the strawberry cupcake (of course) and Will got the triple chocolate cupcake which was a new choice.

oPFDalXryLhwqPB901KUZyqDuo-231DYny2WWMqWaJsCAMmn9hnaRPnR_iKdvKA2LIGa9EJ1D9OT3MPtqRuSy4psFNDyuujPZQfCoIqr7FZWqHvIXMj4MuOWWyc_WwxvkMYYK9kyW859GvUqeJetOAAWby7IHKXmD20yo6QWqhQIQgZ2ZVyAX_5UpHa4Tri7nyXVL6q5ASPimIdk0MPy0JH1H5qhWHVJdzbTojcigqwNzpzNUdKirNWVlXGWdOSa7gi_j8xFWtQHz-n1amnj1bqUs275RU2-hSgSulpMmfMf8WR-x1z8IIix5pgxux7osQ4bB3CTeg9bIBPVbPlNqd12UMnDHsgiEiSQVvJ3-aCYNh6UL_MWJ3v_AguxG7rlbo95OSpHvVv0-h4l3dX2mBJrXEKRncPABEJlaq0AP8XdJtGwBQcMmUt_GC-srHKd7lapDQqXCcRmB5ZlBAD7IMZXiJEWp2C6SadPxVwwwFFoXh1YM60LX2q1Q03i0dXZbYal-4NBwOpA8TckvNaWbmoUJiISqjViuQsGKEq2rvHekQfLznx1V6M24oOmu6IArlaRNaf8LCkFRepLKleZTN1IAl7pYOQ=w509-h678-no

D25yPhFalgn8FhnygM9RMYXRjKkUOSbodWkE3-hBKZaJLq5f9UsE7YQ_r4Z2H_OVlw_EbdP3hT8ccGEboNA0M7-4VJllnGWGE03GhAl35hHmdzNBGPWLEgq-HW3jy2tSZxDNnpxUImad8uDWKagGgdDIy_t2eVpIjyVvHeHoktb3w8_xqRPkudNyFVNumUwLlsnmn-e6tS4nftQNrpKr-64nzXL9byAj_mKgF52RjKH2iUseSoAElbr3xWGXVv_ku_APYfT1_j--nItNhh5wEjaA4lwPN2nwqnc3Susy6p9XcxM_yy5wV1bJsY-7QW6Gtx5I7Vp5Zo9dLrQqMsNsz9QDmPhlrwJ-bVoXgpyz0pE_u9MehxJgOgPwKarhrwfCasq9Mot1OqfqS20gb9jVUj2zfeP9rl_696rzBwYug88rvftRR3Ny-f2YnWX1VtoLFEDH0YriWjeEK4idYJZLhkXGDgfaz9TbT-Wg7M__jfGIOorCam5herFs5_lHh_9Hu4sVLQu5B9bMAnBjOMOwCI7Ymmomf6vhdiJsGcZreW5nQMbRS4mUKT9y9-zk5_x3m0tabYQEJShNi5HkjBgQpMYhppfc-Dc=w509-h678-no

Qo41cR-LjyTue1hFqje1ROOe33aWmBN2m8jQteo-B7rLm-ki1Lc636vCFayXklk-ZW4KTZ3QhwrAqCZfyimD0FZ1FZzcYhgXCapHaLhMw67o1pB3kZZcLA_QBiiD6rhlLBHRweMLE2lEGYcsFvMKOf1P298IOl1q9qp1Qffg2d2CmYNOrzwq3NrRlUsl1BQ2lLNk2rHJubv9pFaLPIeFAM0JiIq6owVgJv837AsHD3KfWJ0U14RaZcXMr3tofg0GMt3PxPEK28YwjLah_-iVw7w0a2h6VygVp2fPrSr0mP-Z7kruijYdgSy-yuvHd-O2PxeBRPPrBNwZ984Uq_-NDsdlG5-tcqJhBVPqyVos93HldIFX3cpLlPlRwC4KrUuOB02r7841e5d9G5-6MmK_nCGWj2YwG2t3iNwH2ExvkDo03zv_oKU-0i7K4YBMaIZjGECSvqNfB5iJCFSwDNXI-h3i_-AFpunpo9GReFAngvSMLzjrmC3MWq8zuDCWg1ORMdmmCaSgFTZQL_A6qv11sYQ-hM-R6nG7WyVH79ZwL7YdPET14UNzMHcox-8AmuuUbqTf2MWJhW6hWRucRWbhu-0WhK7Ljf0=w509-h678-no

NqAA3P4Tvh2oyfiV9aNct-JYqtHh1HMq8srQwKs25VGf57V9A256u13aj4Q273JDNuHqazE_tpKzAb4rhOR8Dk8CRgxMxbf0j88E88LnXiyOBf8KkkbyWHyE1_XfjLzJosz8vEQlo5dK3XJq5utscTU6aENitoX10MCWN2FK-ZGZOFLBO7k3YJp2y-SLrOiMHV-gwmF4CxVPGYNrDFmbdWrGd6Y-lMJVKAZXIQfzmUVjEJjSwMIHP9ilhfprE6MingbpOU1Sdbhs_xCl51pJzk2lFdx-T_QccbEzXOGRtoc0KhXLa37HsIwUZkvTlHigsp1c-GKGGzCcQvmFV8owjgMGcTFxmVM7mvShRKPRnek87WnHhzPz0f8EV8_deK2x-A1Ohc-bVKAO_A3NUUQxVd7fDierxOkIugnG6stDrBx_LkS8aQ3PW9bbPsfVG3XYvwzDOHWHFmlUE6BH1zYQBA-LkIsqbj7oy6LChE64-u8-_J-gloiw1MWuZ7nJuvlYFKiZseG7LXx9wmv0eM5_bBzvK0_nBuQH7V19DawZLKzD-N8KdenbJhyjRr1HtzzcjO-g5uexa6jui-uIoPEzi_skELlELKM=w509-h678-no

Everything was just as good as we remembered! The roast beef sandwich is really great I think, though it could have a little more horseradish sauce on it for my preference :P Will thought the French Onion Soup here was just as good as Chefs de France, and he really liked theirs so that is saying something.

I love the strawberry cupcake here. It's moist and delicious, very strawberry tasting but not overpowering. Will also loved his chocolate cupcake. That one is pretty intense on the chocolate (I mean, I bet you could have guessed), but it was very tasty. Mom really enjoyed her pork and also seemed to enjoy the atmosphere in the restaurant.

I made us get the requisite picture before we left:

JsuEaXsNaxy2P384fABSs2zTqZNtn2gJM0ZJSatWMFTXivh9vvroJaHfl2U2gU4nYDn4v1b5Dy22CDtsswF-6hmzccR4sK-PWmXGQoqZRxdXrGcPJXRaQBgb3EHjLkgh4bj1wSXUvolwnkwzrYIYBZJi0yWzWm8PQlqhpJuOGXaqbX6OW8bypbZcCIA1TaQaEdrkke5JkIR3Veb2yRpAfEozKeOaTT4KzRtgqBTjdJlQKCBYe7yuiaNYCo-PId9nGdVh0IKC8_bxK_zGFzYv7Bppii86V9XhruBMdhSjqrRLa4Q4_h1jIAkSupyq9M7gWQZjawCgNx4m7_ygw_3iQmf1EpU-lYlA8z7DAlWyaSHrNKPmiMoImJ-jK_Vu0GcbWn3wyCPVGCvN9U-p5Odx-ACr0hP4cYYy2bosEt-y619k9fDn0WSx4DRYM0tKjm6z_r6CNNqNOqTmm2L1mYbGrvUrSp0uo4FTUy6NEaZlLoS38qTcaWYrLVbHvNdMzbmkSE5Xl7UOtMdtnIm_DPF2we4BqNgZTpgynmGEq9ne0Ih1lCmVR1vUDro8-Ik5CE8TH4SJHJ5eTSNNadOIZSYsg_NIuy5cNLs=w509-h678-no

And then it was time to head to mine and my mom's favorite ride ever - Splash Mountain!

wAhZe2B3PI-58ZKhUSJuXXd5h5pa_62abjHBgKKPCSzXHoFfP-2wkpxT0luomQ0JnsDD8Hg4_LcqEftY2BUk_75JQIU3jO5lXTb3fJyp8u6YwjcwtmDxkzrZpVkot4GdIb50tb8LPqo8mZ_OqweyVzllXMJ8NOjqcd5xfrvjyqdeJzy0zT05oCeDybmtJXLPicRVCMgI5QM7aNT5tAKod0WV_JA5DdRZrCRyjK0VmQRUI2B4aTXFJUQnHdMVpMsqgAfl6SY2vJ0mIwu2AeioVpAIEgVP5B0IAmj-l4f2DTaB2fG4n7ZQMf4909xU0rhYqc3KJBL0eQEhCK0E8VSDKfkTjaESzAAi9QKarIqBRN0n-MeCvUCojmuiRclIKNhnW0Xa-aS-FSDSZ12LN11p2Own-cmMrUrnW7ve7ZtnY89Sa4Ap7T3E7F8rDjOrPA360T5adQQCpjoJB13NrtC8UXqMwbaISZtT5ydv01YxWQbosDtcfusn8t-so3Y__T4B4vK831ZPhM8qb_SZtHh-K07AuMQAn8pLGRO5-TPg28kU3MYi4irTY45I9T6IR9fLbbjfbQZedjh2Zs82XcafUX4VQiX5Nt0=w477-h678-no

After this, we decided to head back to the hotel for a little bit and then hit up more Flower and Garden booths for dinner before heading back to the Magic Kingdom for Extra Magic Hours that night.

I'll be back with more (hopefully) sooner than last time :P I need a reminder system to get me to update - summer hobbies have taken over and I'm trying to enjoy my ample crafting time while I can :)

Now to go catch up on all of your threads!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter