All The Best Tips-Summarized-Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring a green apple and one of the table knives back to your room after you eat lunch the first afternoon. Then if you or anyone starts feeling a little sick ~ which often happens right around dinner time when the ship starts rocking ~ they can slice it up and eat it.

Our assistant waiter told us that is what the crew do. My DH started feeling a bit queasy and the apple seemed to help him that first night.

And, even if you don't need it for 'motion' issues, it's a nice snack to have and you can send the knife back on a room-service tray when you're done with it.

On the 3 and 4-day Wonder cruises, immediately after "Til We Meet Again" there is karaoke in Studio Sea. If you get there quickly enough, you will see all of the characters who were in the lobby exit through Studio Sea and if you position yourself or your children close to the aisle, you may get some personal interaction.

Last year, well, two years ago as I looked forward to our first DCL trip I poured over the tips like a crazy person. Here is one I missed or maybe it was not there ANYWAY, I saw this on the Cruise Diva's site and slapped myself in the face.

"Set aside a few moments every day to pack up your used clothing and spend the last afternoon of your cruise doing fun things while your fellow passengers are packing to go home."

Our last night was almost ruined trying to get everything packed up for 6! We missed the farewell from the Characters - main reason we have to sail again;)

ANYWAY, I plan to start packing up the frist night on board next time AND I am not going to try to do so much laundry. DH doesn't sleep in. I'll LET him do a few loads mid-week in the pre-dawn hours, but I am going to have garbage bags for "lights", "brights" ETC., and as long as they are not damp I will start stuffing them early. Squeeze the air out and in they go!:thumbsup2

Combining two of the tips. We always skip the midnight dessert buffet, but someone suggested go and bring something back for the next day. We dont like to eat something that heavy that late at night, but putting a little something in the refrigerator sounds divine to snack on the next day.

I never thought of saving something for the next day.

We start saving up dollar bills and some fives and putting them in a envelope about a month before the cruise for tips. We almost ran out of one dollar bills the first cruise and now come better prepared.

chrissymae said:
WE'RE TAKING OUR FIRST CRUISE IN JANUARY 05. WE HAVE AN INSIDE ROOM. DO THEY EVER GIVE FREE UPGRADES?

Welcome to the boards! I don't know how they decide to do the upgrades, but when we booked for last summer we booked a cat 11 and were upgraded to cat 9.
:cool1: For our next cruise we booked a cat 9, maybe we will get bumped up. :rolleyes:

We have cruised Disney 5 times. We have always gotten the room we booked. Do not count on an upgrade. Book what you will be happy sailing in and if you get an upgrade--fine. If you don't--fine.

Jan :earsgirl:

I can't say this enough....Female Newbies:

Deck 10 is a NO SKIRT ZONE! Trust me. Change into your capri pants, shorts or anything other than a skirt for sundress before going up to enjoy the view or you might giving others a view that you hadn't intended to - for better or worse. :blush:

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: That's a good tip. I will have to remember that on my next cruise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter