All that walking~shoes?

Another vote for Keens, both DH and I wore ours in WDW all day for 5 days and no blisters, no foot or leg pain. DH wears Keens everyday for work, works in hospital and walks miles each day. These are our favorite shoes. They have lots of styles to select from including a sandal with a back strap.

But I had to wear socks with them - of course I've never fashionable so it didn't bother me. But I did switch out to New Balance walking shoes a couple of times. I just like to feel a different shoe after a while.:)

DH and I both wore our Nike Celso Thong sandals for our trip last year - love them and had no problems! We both have wide feet. I agree with everyone who says you need to trial shoes out to figure out what works for you. My feet get super hot and that makes me really uncomfortable, so the sandals really work for me. But I am barefoot alot at home, and that also has something to do with it.

I recently read an article that discussed how shoes are actually ruining our feet! The author likened it to having an almost permanent "cast" on your foot. He mentioned studies of rickshaw runners who have been barefoot their whole life and they have the healthiest feet of anyone they studied! That really made me think about all the preferences here on the boards and how what works for some doesn't work for others. The secret is to find out what works best for YOU. I hope you find something that works and I wish you a comfy trip!

Crocs and Keen sandals is what I wear on my wide feet. No blisters since getting either...good fitted athletic shoes gave me blisters so bad by the first day I could barely hobble. Crocs and Keens work for me. I saw tonight that Airwalk has "fake" Keens, so I tried some on, and they do not fit like real Keens...the arch was in the right place, but the sole was not nearly as bouncy as my real Keens so I will stay away from those. Pity though I loved the dusty green color they were!

I will say that I bought a pair of the Airwalk 'Keens' last summer, my feet were very happy in them. Wore them for some park time and they have a good cushion. these did take abit of break in- but once they were they were very comfortable. I did have to go up 1/2 size and to a wide, when I first tried on my regular size they fit too tight. For the price they are worth a try..

Bev

I have to agree with a PP about Ryka running shoes. They are designed for women's feet. I suggest finding a store and trying them on to make sure you get the right size though. They are very supportive and I've never blistered or had sore feet at the end of the day.

Couple of thoughts:

1. If your town has a New Balance Store, then avail yourself of the chance to be PROPERLY fit in an appropriate pair of their shoes. New Balance makes running shoes, walking shoes, cross trianers ... it would be hard not to find something to suit your needs.

2. The duct tape suggestion is a good one, but also bring along some moleskin (fuzzy chamois-type material with adhesive) to cover over any pre-blister hotspots.

3. Another runner's trick is to slather your toes with Vaseline if you are succeptable to blisters between your toes. This keeps the friction to a minimum.

4. Socks ... as impaortant as good shoes. Keep those feet dry with socks that wick sweat away from your feet. Foot powder is probably a good idea as well.

Most important ... put some miles on both your shoes and your feet before you go walking 6 to 8 miles a day at a theme park. Breaking in those puppies goes a long way towards making sure you don't mess up your vacation with barking dogs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter